Shimano SPD-R cleats NLA from Wiggle?

Ross

Shimano SPD-R cleats NLA from Wiggle?

Postby Ross » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:13 pm

I had a couple of these in my Wiggle shopping cart from a few weeks ago but decided I didn't need them so didn't follow through with an actual order and today I go to buy some other stuff and the cleats are still in my cart but a message comes up saying these are not available to ship to Australia. Say What? The SPD MTB versions still appear to be available, just not the Shimano SPD-R road version.

Duck!
Expert

Re: Shimano SPD-R cleats NLA from Wiggle?

Postby Duck! » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:49 am

SPD-R pedals were discontinued and replaced by the SPD-SL many years ago, so it will get more difficult to find cleats for them.
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:22 pm

I think I meant SPD-SL. The plastic ones with Yellow bits on them (SH11 floating). They are available at PBK and at CRC. Type in SH11 or SPD-SL or just Shimano cleats at Wiggle and they don't come up.

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:50 pm

Yes, it did remove SPD-SL cleats from Aussie w.i.ggle site but if you put in New Zealand delivery and it will come back on.
So it's ok for NZ but not Aus.
Damned that w.i.ggle and Shamino.

*note* its not a spelling mistake.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

Tim

Postby Tim » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:12 pm

Here's hoping, in a really big way, that Shimano don't start geo-blocking.
If it happened it might place local Shimano parts on price parity with overseas Campag parts.
Every cloud has a silver lining. I'd be left with no choice but to buy a new Campag fitted bike. :D

uart

Postby uart » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:49 pm

Bunged Knee wrote:Yes, it did remove SPD-SL cleats from Aussie w.i.ggle site but if you put in New Zealand delivery and it will come back on.
So it's ok for NZ but not Aus.
Damned that w.i.ggle and Shamino.

*note* its not a spelling mistake.

They are currently not even listing SPD-SL cleats on their site, though I think that it's just a local stocking issue. When I asked them (chat with rep option) they said they would be back online in a few week when they get stock.

This has happened to me previously with other products from wiggle, and they have come back after a few weeks like they said they would.

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:57 pm

uart wrote:They are currently not even listing SPD-SL cleats on their site, though I think that it's just a local stocking issue. When I asked them (chat with rep option) they said they would be back online in a few week when they get stock.

I don`t believe them until if it comes back soon but it`s not a local stocking issue. See if you change the delivery to N.Z and it will come back on.

See the images from the 1st pages of pedal cleats for Aus and NZ delivery that there`s no SPD-SL for Aus but there`s is one for NZ.
Check it out on both UK and AUS sites to see it comes up and disappears when changing the delivery destinations.

ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

uart

Postby uart » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:15 pm

Bunged Knee wrote:I don`t believe them until if it comes back soon but it`s not a local stocking issue. See if you change the delivery to N.Z and it will come back on.

See the images from the 1st pages of pedal cleats for Aus and NZ delivery that there`s no SPD-SL for Aus but there`s is one for NZ.
Check it out on both UK and AUS sites to see it comes up and disappears when changing the delivery destinations.

Yeah but it might just be a local warehousing issue. If they warehouse stock in Australia then they might just remove it from the site until it gets restocked here. Last time this happened to me with a different product, they said it would come back in about 3 to 4 weeks, and that is what happened. So when I asked them just now about the cleats they said the same thing. I guess we will have to wait and see. :)

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:21 am

It's odd that changing the destination country makes it appear/disappear.

REALLY odd .....

EDIT : But CRC has them available with Aus as destination ....

Return to “Buying a bike / parts”