Hammerhead Karoo .. Any takers?

march83

Re: Hammerhead Karoo .. Any takers?

Postby march83 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:23 am

Their first device with an interface.

If you're not looking at Hammerhead's history, their blog posts, reading between the lines and understanding that this is a massive undertaking for this company then you're being more than a little bit of naive. Ordering one of these things demands some flexibility in your expectations or you're going to have a bad time.

Give leeway or be disappointed, how about that? It's a pre-order - you're a beta tester.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:38 am

Hey, I'm not a kickstarter or even thinking of getting one, so just commenting on what I see. It seems that because it's a kickstarter, it's more acceptable for faults/undeveloped stuff to be sent (and quite late at that) and a lot promised and not delivered.

Yep, get it's a major undertaking and hope they succeed, but it's like many others, over promise, under deliver and chalk it up to "hey it's a kickstarter, what do you expect ?"

For that price, I expect more, especially transparency.

I've moved away from Garmin (after a 305/500 and 520) and tested a 1030 to the Wahoo Bolt. It's not without it's faults, but compared to others, it's damn good and does what I need.

If those that got the Karoo are happy to pay to get a sub-standard product for a while and like working through that stuff because they can see the end of the rainbow, then great.

Look fwd to seeing the positive feedback as they get stuff sorted :-)

am50em

Postby am50em » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:44 pm

With yeterdays software update the Karoo is finally at point were I can use it as my main cycling computer. It finally has grade/VAM/better battery indicator. Looking forward to additional features in coming months.

RonK

Postby RonK » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:37 pm

Sales must be slow - I'm still getting emailed offers at the pre-order price.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:43 pm

RonK wrote:Sales must be slow - I'm still getting emailed offers at the pre-order price.

Given the varied reports and update promises, I’d be watching from the sidelines before I’d hand out any cash.

Be interesting to see where they are in a years time

RonK

Postby RonK » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:30 am

MichaelB wrote:
RonK wrote:Sales must be slow - I'm still getting emailed offers at the pre-order price.

Given the varied reports and update promises, I’d be watching from the sidelines before I’d hand out any cash.

Be interesting to see where they are in a years time

Yeah, I've been used/abused as a test/development guinea pig by Garmin and Magellan already. Not doing that again.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

am50em

Postby am50em » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:02 am

https://blog.hammerhead.io/shipping-res ... 5ee2071696
Does this also mean that we are getting close to ending our special order pricing of $299? Yes, it does! By the end of this week, Karoo’s pre-order price will increase to $399. Why not the full price yet? Because new orders placed these days will still incur a delivery delay of several weeks.