Quad Lock or SP Connect

peter

Quad Lock or SP Connect

Postby peter » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:38 am

Both look good, any opinions on one over the other (for iPhone 7+ if that matters)?

https://www.quadlockcase.com.au/collections/ride

https://sp-connect.com.au/collections/i ... ike-bundle

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Quad Lock or SP Connect

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:36 am

From my side a bit of bias towards the Australian Quad Lock. I recommend the 'out front' mount - it works well and I feel it positions the phone nicely ahead of the bars.

I don't trust splash proof pouch for anything more than a splash. In practice I rely on the case as an everyday hardcase but rarely use the phone (mounted) for riding. Instead it is primarily for indoor training.

The phone batteries decrease fast when you have strava on with the screen, so I ignore data and leave the phone in the pocket.
Cycling is in my BNA

peter

Postby peter » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:38 pm

Thanks for the feedback. My Garmin Edge 705 is showing it's age and requiring frequent recharge, probably expected after 10 years of use.

I was thinking either a new computer or just run Strava on my phone, hence looking into the phone mount options.

peter

Postby peter » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:08 pm

Thanks for recommending Quad Lock, finally got one along with the out front mount and other options for backpack and car. Very convenient indeed.

I use a Garmin for tracking, but it can't navigate, so this is where the phone mounted on the handlebar comes in handy. In the past I had to stop, dig out the phone from back pocket, which was sweaty and sticky whenever I needed to check the map or to take a photo. Now it is readily accessible and saves a lot of time.