Bearings for BB90

NewStew

Bearings for BB90

Postby NewStew » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:44 am

So I had my bottom bracket bearings on my Domane replaced by the Trek store only about 7 months ago as one of the bearings had totally seized after about 10,000 km from new. Then I pulled the crank out for the post winter full clean on Sunday and noticed that the non-drive side bearing, while still spinning, is feeling very very rough which indicates to me that it is on the way out.

More than happy to buy the tools and do the replacement myself but doing a bit of web searching just confused me when trying to work out where to buy replacement bearings and what spec of bearing (quality wise) is a good compromise between performance and cost. While the drive train is Dura Ace on the bike I would really tend to go with Ultegra level quality (if that makes sense).

All help and recommendations welcome.

jules21

Re: Bearings for BB90

Postby jules21 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:13 pm

I just bought a set of these: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/132344981093

They haven't arrived yet. As far as quality goes, the effect on performance is going to be minimal. The biggest quality differential will be service life.

jasonc

Re: Bearings for BB90

Postby jasonc » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:27 pm

i've got the park tool BB90 tool kit. it comes with the punch which is the thing you need out of it. the rest is better done with a bearing press

my bearings now float (one is even the oversized bearing). 2nd hand frame. no warranty....