Popular Bike Shops
Join the Cycling Forums on Strava
Australian Cycling Forums on Strava
Latest Reviews and Articles
Will your next bike be Intelligent? ABS and Smart Bike Tech
Vitus Vitesse EVO Disc Review – Speed Machine indeed!
- Posts: 516
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:07 pm
- Location: Mornington Peninsula
Just looking to stop opportunists when I need to quickly go inside a shop and leave the bike outside for a few seconds when riding alone.
Saw this on the Pushys https://www.pushys.com.au/subrosa-combat-lock-orange.html
Any good, or am I dreaming?
Any other locks I should be looking at?
Trawling through old threads finds mostly info on heavy duty stuff for when the bike is parked well out of site for a period.
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:01 pm
About $25; relatively flat, so doesn't jab into me in a jersey pocket; combination so no chance of losing key; strong enough to stop opportunistic thieves.
Definitely not for leaving overnight!
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:51 pm
- Posts: 5678
- Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:10 pm
- Location: Lake Macquarie
An unbranded version of this:
- Posts: 800
- Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:54 pm
- Posts: 1888
- Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:51 am
- Location: Perth or 42km south as the singlespeed flies
I would not call it sturdy, it feels very light and flimsy.
I will only use it when the my bike is within sight but just out of reach ie coffee stop. To stop the walk/ride off.
I don't think it would stop a blitz attack like I witnessed outside a train station a couple of years ago. A guy decided he did not want to walk home, he saw a bike in the bike rack with a cable lock, and proceeded to give the bike a few good kicks to break the lock. He was gone in the 15 seconds it took the guards to react. The bike remained, only because the cable lock was only attached to the brake and gear cables.
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 11:45 pm
- Posts: 118
- Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:25 pm
I have a small and medium size. Small is ok for locking the rear wheel to the frame (as in the pic on the website), but a little short to put around a post etc. The medium covers most situations.
- Posts: 177
- Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:43 pm
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Malvern Star
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.