Cannondale Women's specific sizing question

Tokenron

Cannondale Women's specific sizing question

Postby Tokenron » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:02 am

Hey guys!

I'm looking to buy a 2017 Cannondale Synapse - the women's specific setup. But the sizing options are a bit different from the mens (they seem to go 44 - 48 - 51 - 54) and I can't for the life of my find a sizing chart!

I'm 171cm with an inseam of about 76cm. On the mens sizing chart that would be about a 52-53, so I'm leaning towards the 54 on the womens'. But since it's women's specific I might be better on a 51?

If all else fails I will go to a LBS that has both to compare!

TIA!

Comedian

Re: Cannondale Women's specific sizing question

Postby Comedian » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:25 pm

Good luck.. Do you have an existing bike to benchmark?

I'd be leaning to the 52. A friend (lady) is 178 and she rides a 52, but with a longer stem and the standard setback seatpost.

It's very difficult to make a big bike smaller - but easy to stretch a small one. Be aware of handlebar width.. that's a very common issue with ladies (generally they are too wide).

If you go into a shop be careful they don't sell you what they have. If they say "If we fit a smaller stem...".. run away.

Good luck.

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:28 pm

Tokenron wrote:Hey guys!

I'm looking to buy a 2017 Cannondale Synapse - the women's specific setup. But the sizing options are a bit different from the mens (they seem to go 44 - 48 - 51 - 54) and I can't for the life of my find a sizing chart!

I'm 171cm with an inseam of about 76cm. On the mens sizing chart that would be about a 52-53, so I'm leaning towards the 54 on the womens'. But since it's women's specific I might be better on a 51?

If all else fails I will go to a LBS that has both to compare!

TIA!
Can you compare the geometry of the men's and women's models in a similar size to compare reach etc?
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

Tokenron

Postby Tokenron » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:38 pm

Thanks guys! If it's better to go slightly smaller if in doubt, I'll start with the 51 and look at aftermarket seatposts and stems if it's too cramped :)

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:30 pm

Tokenron wrote:Thanks guys! If it's better to go slightly smaller if in doubt, I'll start with the 51 and look at aftermarket seatposts and stems if it's too cramped :)
Try a 51 and see how you feel. I suspect it's going to be pretty close.