Knog PWR: Any experiences?

march83

Knog PWR: Any experiences?

Postby march83 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:49 am

Looking for a lightweight, lower powered light to carry in my commuting backpack for the odd occasion when I'm stranded in the dark or need to be seen - storms, stuck back at work, running late, etc.

Additionally, I need to carry a USB battery pack for my devices, again just in case. My garmin 520 battery is pretty average so having a bar mounted battery pack like the PWR has (obviously without the headlamp attached) would offer some peace of mind on longer rides.

So has anyone actually got one of the new PWR devices? Any comments?

kb

Re: Knog PWR: Any experiences?

Postby kb » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:19 pm

I’ve done a similar thing with my Exposure light (also supports charging external devices). Only issue was charging didn’t work very well when the light was actually on but it was convenient. These days I just use an extra battery though.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Knog PWR: Any experiences?

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:54 am

I have one in testing at the moment. Haven’t yet put the usb charger into action but the light is bright. It is a smaller unit and a change of direction for knog in terms of design. Probably a good move to try and find a mounting solution that doesn’t break or fail... though the plastic mount does introduce more vibration into the unit.

Probably the biggest issue is that it is not quite as fast to put on / off the mount and you have to take off the head each time to recharge, in comparion to other lights / mounts there are more parts.

But at this stage the light and charge are going well... and for a multi-purpose device that can be a backup usb charger, as an all-in-one it works well. Overall construction / quality seems good.
Cycling is in my BNA