Norco Valence or Specialized Allez E5 ?!

Cooper88

Norco Valence or Specialized Allez E5 ?!

Postby Cooper88 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:21 am

Hey Guys,
So I’m looking to purchase my first road bike. I’ve heard good things about the Specialized Allez E5 however I’m not blown away by the look of their bikes. I recently seen a Norco Valence (Black/Orange) & loved it, however i don’t know anyone who has had one previously that could tell me if they are as good or even better.

If anyone has rode both bikes and could tell me one is much better than the other that would be great or any other general advice for a newbie would be great.

Cheers

owly

Re: Norco Valence or Specialized Allez E5 ?!

Postby owly » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:35 am

I've had a Valence for five years. Does the job fine. I did swap out the wheels for a lightweight set not long after purchasing.

In my mind, any bike from a reputable brand is going to be fine. Its up to you what you like the look of and components and especially frame geometry.

In the last year I pretended it was also a gravel bike when fitted with 32mm tyres and a new fork.

But now I have a proper gravel bike and my Valence is sulking under the stairwell, looking for a new home. It lives in Perth ;)
MUFC :twisted:

bychosis

Re: Norco Valence or Specialized Allez E5 ?!

Postby bychosis » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:21 am

owly wrote:In my mind, any bike from a reputable brand is going to be fine. Its up to you what you like the look of and components and especially frame geometry.

This. I looked seriously at a Norco for my recent MTB purchase, but struggled a bit with the brand name. Ended up with a different brand, but not solely because of the name!

Check it have the geometry you want: Race, enduro, or what ever the road bike categories are. If you like the look and it fits, it will be a good bike.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.