Delivery delays from UK?

Ross

Delivery delays from UK?

Postby Ross » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:59 pm

I ordered some parts from Wiggle on 24 January and when I go to check how the delivery is going it just says "Despatched" on 25 January and no movement since. Normally deliveries from Wiggle arrive in 7 days, anybody else experiencing similiar delays?

mikgit

Re: Delivery delays from UK?

Postby mikgit » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:21 pm

Well normally if you get tracking, you watch it and seems to take about 4 nanoseconds to get from UK (or anywhere) to OZ,then it hits Austpost system and you watch...nothing happen for about 2 months and it eventually turns up at your door(after you got a text saying delivery today...which actually means maybe tomorrow)

**I'm not bitter at all
Look 675 Pro Team, Cervelo R3, GT Xizang, GT Zaskar, Scott Spark 710, Yeti ARC, DiamondBack Apex

Noviss

Postby Noviss » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:41 pm

mikgit wrote:Well normally if you get tracking, you watch it and seems to take about 4 nanoseconds to get from UK (or anywhere) to OZ,then it hits Austpost system and you watch...nothing happen for about 2 months and it eventually turns up at your door(after you got a text saying delivery today...which actually means maybe tomorrow)

**I'm not bitter at all

This has been my experience for the past couple of Wiggle orders. :D Wiggle seem to be dispatching efficiently and then it seems to take Australia Post a couple of days to accept the order then nothing on tracking 'till the day before delivery. If you are lucky it will still arrive in around a week from ordering. My experience is that the reliability of really quick delivery seemed to change around July/August last year.

BJL

Postby BJL » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:33 pm

All my orders from Wiggle have taken about 9-10 working days to arrive.

My next overseas online order (tonight) will be with Bike24 as they have some stuff that Wiggle doesn't. It'll be my first order with Bike24 so as long as delivery is around the same time, I'll be happy. Except for having to pay 20 euro for delivery. Still cheaper than buying local though.

There was a post somewhere about the packaging of a Wiggle order. My last one a couple of weeks ago was much the same. The 2 rims were wrapped in thin protective sheeting (I don't know what it's called) and the rest (small items) were just tossed in without any additional packaging or protection at all. The box did look like it had seen a battle or two but all items are undamaged so I can't complain.

I'll still use Wiggle in the future as long as their prices and service remain satisfactory.

RonK

Postby RonK » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:03 pm

Be warned.

If you expect orders from Bike24 to be as timely as Wiggle orders then you are likely to be disappointed.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

Zippy7

Postby Zippy7 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:08 pm

My last Wiggle order was 14 or 15 November - still hadn't arrived by early Dec.
Contacted them and they resent it, so I got it just before Christmas. No idea what happened to the original order - tracking didn't work, and they sent the 2nd order without tracking...

I ordered from Chain Reaction on Saturday night (27/1/18) - dispatched Sun 28, arrived in Sydney Fri 2nd Feb.

CRC have their mojo back, sadly Wiggle doesn't. CRC was a fair cheaper on this particular order too.
Successful trades : Rheicel, Je, wgc138, 2ndeffort, celeste boy, rodneycc

BJL

Postby BJL » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:28 pm

RonK wrote:Be warned.

If you expect orders from Bike24 to be as timely as Wiggle orders then you are likely to be disappointed.

No worries. Thanks for the warning. I'll let you all know what happens. Cheers.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:49 pm

BJL wrote:
RonK wrote:Be warned.

No worries. Thanks for the warning. I'll let you all know what happens. Cheers.

My last 5 orders from Bike24 have all arrived pretty much bang on 14 days. It will get very quickly through to “sending to destination country”, then you’ll have nothing for a week until Aust Post processes it. Quite often you’ll get the parcel while the tracking says it’s still at the depot.

The €20 delivery is a pain, so I tend to do large bulk orders to make it worthwhile, and I maintain a wishlist of consumables etc to stuff the box whenever I need only a few things. I’m saving so much money compared to local prices that it’s still worth it even with the shipping charge.

Bike24 has a much larger range than other sites, and much better prices.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '15 Cervelo S5

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:10 pm

Wiggle = CRC

They are essentially a merged entity though for the customer remain (appear) seperate. The inventory does differ for some items though I have not taken the time to compare pricing and see if they are relatively independent or linked.

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:52 am

I had my last order from Wiggle UK on 4/1/18 and it arrived on 11/1/18.
Here`s the list below. I get the email and sms from AusPost that it was dispatched from UK and get another sms/emails that it is coming the day before and on way in the morning. If you are registered with AusPost and it will notify you of any parcels on way.

ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

Warin

Postby Warin » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:09 am

Bunged Knee wrote:I had my last order from Wiggle UK on 4/1/18 and it arrived on 11/1/18.
Here`s the list below. I get the email and sms from AusPost

The 'delay' looks to be in the UK side from 4th to the 8th.
Possibly this would have more information if tracked through Royal Mail?

The elves work hard to get the Christmas deliveries done, they well take leave afterwards and that can lead to some delays just after Christmas.

uart

Postby uart » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:40 pm

Warin wrote:The 'delay' looks to be in the UK side from 4th to the 8th.

I don't think Bunged Knee was complaining there Warin, I think he was just giving an example of how it should happen. Five working days delivery from the UK is quite good, and I think that was Bunged's point. (and 5th through to 8th was over the weekend btw).

My recent experience with Merlin mirrors Bunged Knee's pretty much exactly. One more day because mine had to come up to Newcastle, but otherwise fairly similar. Six working days - I ordered very late on a Wednesday evening and received 7.15 am Friday morning (+ 1 wk)

On my order previous to this one however, I got snagged with a "random" customs inspection, and it just sat for about 12 days in customs (in Sydney) doing absolutely nothing. Two folding tyres and some rim tape, it could have been cleared in under 5 minutes if anybody bothered to actually look at it, but I guess it just went into a queue and had to wait that long to be inspected. Merlin actually emailed and informed me that it had been flagged for inspection, apologising for the delay that was beyond their control, which I thought was pretty good customer service.

Previous to that I ordered from Wiggle and it was also pretty smooth. Cant remember exactly, but one week plus a few days total, so somewhere about 7 working days from memory.

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:37 pm

uart wrote:

I don't think Bunged Knee was complaining there Warin, I think he was just giving an example of how it should happen. Five working days delivery from the UK is quite good, and I think that was Bunged's point. (and 5th through to 8th was over the weekend btw).

Yes, you are correct, uart.

Not complaining but was giving an example of how it should happen.

For remote country areas, give an extra 2 working days. Canberra is about an extra 1 working day.

I bought items from Aus site but was dispatched from UK.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:54 pm

AUbicycles wrote:Wiggle = CRC

They are essentially a merged entity though for the customer remain (appear) seperate. The inventory does differ for some items though I have not taken the time to compare pricing and see if they are relatively independent or linked.

Pretty sure Wiggle was in the process of or has bought Bike24 as well
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '15 Cervelo S5

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:58 pm

uart wrote:

My recent experience with Merlin mirrors Bunged Knee's pretty much exactly. One more day because mine had to come up to Newcastle, but otherwise fairly similar. Six working days - I ordered very late on a Wednesday evening and received 7.15 am Friday morning (+ 1 wk)

On my order previous to this one however, I got snagged with a "random" customs inspection, and it just sat for about 12 days in customs (in Sydney) doing absolutely nothing. Two folding tyres and some rim tape, it could have been cleared in under 5 minutes if anybody bothered to actually look at it, but I guess it just went into a queue and had to wait that long to be inspected. Merlin actually emailed and informed me that it had been flagged for inspection, apologising for the delay that was beyond their control, which I thought was pretty good customer service.

Previous to that I ordered from Wiggle and it was also pretty smooth. Cant remember exactly, but one week plus a few days total, so somewhere about 7 working days from memory.

I see i was not the only one who got the weird “stuck at LHR” event recently that. Mine got stuck in a loop at LHR where the package kept getting manifested multiple times, exactly as above. It was stuck there for 4 days, which lines up with what you see.

madmacca

Postby madmacca » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:08 pm

uart wrote:My recent experience with Merlin mirrors Bunged Knee's pretty much exactly. One more day because mine had to come up to Newcastle, but otherwise fairly similar. Six working days - I ordered very late on a Wednesday evening and received 7.15 am Friday morning (+ 1 wk)

Yeah, I always figure that ordering on a Wednesday is the best. It makes it way through the UK on Thurs/Fri, spends the weekend in the air, Mon/Tue in customs, Wed/Thur/Fri being delivered in Australia.

uart

Postby uart » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:27 pm

queequeg wrote:I see i was not the only one who got the weird “stuck at LHR” event recently that. Mine got stuck in a loop at LHR where the package kept getting manifested multiple times, exactly as above. It was stuck there for 4 days, which lines up with what you see.

Yeah, that seemed a bit weird. But they did have another tracking website which posted slightly more information, and not all the codes were the same. In my case it seems that it just made it to the airport (Heathrow) late on Friday arvo and started to get processed but it wasn't completed. So it looks like it sat there until Monday and then the process started again. I should have order earlier on Wednesday, instead of leaving it until almost the small hours of Thursday morning.

Code: Select all

Monday, 29/1/2018   Event   Code   Location
------------------------------------------------
10:41PM  Shipment Departed Origin Country                   OU01         Colnbrook, Berkshire, GB
3:34 PM  SAC Manifest Exported                              DC40         Colnbrook, Berkshire, GB
3:33 PM  Manifested for Outbound Transportation             OP02         Colnbrook, Berkshire, GB
9:09 AM  Manifested for Outbound Transportation             OP02         Colnbrook, Berkshire, GB

Friday, 26/1/2018   Event   Code   Location
4:22 PM   Manifested for Outbound Transportation            OP02         Colnbrook, Berkshire, GB

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:10 pm

uart wrote:
queequeg wrote:I see i was not the only one who got the weird “stuck at LHR” event recently that. Mine got stuck in a loop at LHR where the package kept getting manifested multiple times, exactly as above. It was stuck there for 4 days, which lines up with what you see.

Yeah, that seemed a bit weird. But they did have another tracking website which posted slightly more information, and not all the codes were the same. In my case it seems that it just made it to the airport (Heathrow) late on Friday arvo and started to get processed but it wasn't completed. So it looks like it sat there until Monday and then the process started again. I should have order earlier on Wednesday, instead of leaving it until almost the small hours of Thursday morning.

Monday, 29/1/2018   Event   Code   Location
10:41PM  Shipment Departed Origin Country                   OU01         Colnbrook, Berkshire, GB
3:34 PM  SAC Manifest Exported                              DC40         Colnbrook, Berkshire, GB
3:33 PM  Manifested for Outbound Transportation             OP02         Colnbrook, Berkshire, GB
9:09 AM  Manifested for Outbound Transportation             OP02         Colnbrook, Berkshire, GB

Friday, 26/1/2018   Event   Code   Location
4:22 PM   Manifested for Outbound Transportation            OP02         Colnbrook, Berkshire, GB

Yep, here is mine:-

Date/Time         Activity                              Event Code
25/01/2018 14:09:52      DELIVERED   
25/01/2018 05:20:23      OUT FOR DELIVERY                        340
24/01/2018 17:59:05      IN TRANSIT - HUB SCAN                     202
24/01/2018 13:44:00      TRANSFERRED TO PARTNER CARRIER               203
24/01/2018 12:18:00      CUSTOMS CLEARED                        433
24/01/2018 06:49:00      ARRIVED IN COUNTRY / NON EU PRESENTED TO CUSTOMS   204
22/01/2018 22:39:00      PROCESSED INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT DEPOT - LHR      211
19/01/2018 16:57:23      PROCESSED INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT DEPOT - LHR      211
18/01/2018 19:41:55      PROCESSED INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT DEPOT - LHR      211
18/01/2018 19:38:59      PROCESSED INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT DEPOT - LHR      211
18/01/2018 13:48:03      PROCESSED INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT DEPOT - LHR      211
17/01/2018 13:28:18      RECEIVED INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT DEPOT - LHR      210
16/01/2018 09:28:17      TRAKPAK PROCESS CENTRE UK                  198
15/01/2018 15:55:43      DEPARTED Merlin Cycles Ltd                  218

AND

Tracking Events
Thursday, 25/1/2018   Event                  Code      Location
5:20 AM   Out For Delivery                  FP05      SEVEN HILLS PDC, AU
Wednesday, 24/1/2018   Event               Code      Location
5:59 PM   Parcel Processed at Carrier Terminal         FP01      SYDNEY PARCEL FACILITY, AU
1:44 PM   Handed Over to Partner Carrier            DH01   Sydney, AU
12:18 PM   Cleared Customs                  DC01   Sydney, AU
6:49 AM   Shipment Arrived within Destination Country   DA01      Sydney, AU
Monday, 22/1/2018   Event                  Code      Location
10:39 PM   Shipment Departed Origin Country         OU01   Colnbrook, Berkshire, GB
Friday, 19/1/2018   Event                  Code      Location
4:58 PM   SAC Manifest Exported               DC40   Colnbrook, Berkshire, GB
4:57 PM   Manifested for Outbound Transportation      OP02   Colnbrook, Berkshire, GB
Thursday, 18/1/2018   Event                  Code      Location
7:42 PM   SAC Manifest Exported               DC40   Colnbrook, Berkshire, GB
7:41 PM   Manifested for Outbound Transportation      OP02   Colnbrook, Berkshire, GB
7:39 PM   SAC Manifest Exported               DC40   Colnbrook, Berkshire, GB
7:38 PM   Manifested for Outbound Transportation      OP02   Colnbrook, Berkshire, GB
1:48 PM   Manifested for Outbound Transportation      OP02   Colnbrook, Berkshire, GB
Wednesday, 17/1/2018   Event               Code      Location
1:28 PM   Parcel Processed at Origin Hub            OP01   Colnbrook, Berkshire, GB
Monday, 15/1/2018   Event                  Code      Location
3:55 PM   Label Requested                  CI01      Basildon, GB

When I queried Merlin, they said they were checking with their courier, but the next scan should be when it cleared customs. However, you can see above that it got stuck at LHR (Colnbrook) from 17/01 until it departed on 22/01

Ross

Postby Ross » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:26 pm

I just ordered a light from Merlin this morning...interesting to see if it or my Wiggle order from 24th January arrives first! :lol:

uart

Postby uart » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:40 pm

queequeg wrote:When I queried Merlin, they said they were checking with their courier, but the next scan should be when it cleared customs. However, you can see above that it got stuck at LHR (Colnbrook) from 17/01 until it departed on 22/01

Ok I see what you mean. I thought that mine just got fannied about with because it got to the international exchange late on a Friday afternoon. It looks like yours got there lunch time Wednesday and they still stuffed around with it until after the weekend.

Still the overall delivery times aren't too bad, a week to 10 days. It all pales into insignificance compared with what happens if our customs guys get a hold of it. Expect a couple of extra weeks delay.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:55 pm

uart wrote:
queequeg wrote:When I queried Merlin, they said they were checking with their courier, but the next scan should be when it cleared customs. However, you can see above that it got stuck at LHR (Colnbrook) from 17/01 until it departed on 22/01

Ok I see what you mean. I thought that mine just got fannied about with because it got to the international exchange late on a Friday afternoon. It looks like yours got there lunch time Wednesday and they still stuffed around with it until after the weekend.

Still the overall delivery times aren't too bad, a week to 10 days. It all pales into insignificance compared with what happens if our customs guys get a hold of it. Expect a couple of extra weeks delay.

In comparison, here is a "Normal" one from Merlin, which I had done 2 weeks earlier. At a rough guess, they had some issues with their system that resulted in all items getting stuck and being manifested multiple times. It should have gone straight through. The only other possibility is that after being manifested, they had issues getting it on a plane, so it had to get manifested again etc

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:11 pm

My Wiggle order is still showing as "DESPATCHED", no further detail available (even on Aus Post website).

My order isn't particularly urgent, I guess I'm just spoilt having pretty much all my other deliveries here within a week.

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:37 pm

Ross wrote:My Wiggle order is still showing as "DESPATCHED", no further detail available (even on Aus Post website).

My order isn't particularly urgent, I guess I'm just spoilt having pretty much all my other deliveries here within a week.

See if you got the tracking details of tracking code in there and see if there`s AusPost info at the bottom or not. If not,then it might be different carrier. Wait till tonight or tomorrow and you might find it if it was logged in manifesto.

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:41 pm

Just as I hit the "post reply" button I received a text saying I have a parcel due for delivery soon. The tracking number is different to the one for my Wiggle order and it would be too early for it to be my Merlin order and too early for other items I bought from eBay recently.

Wonder what it could be?! :?:

Love new shiny stuff! :lol:

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:46 pm

Bunged Knee wrote:
Ross wrote:My Wiggle order is still showing as "DESPATCHED", no further detail available (even on Aus Post website).

See if you got the tracking details of tracking code in there and see if there`s AusPost info at the bottom or not. If not,then it might be different carrier. Wait till tonight or tomorrow and you might find it if it was logged in manifesto.

That is the screen I have but when I click the Aus Post button the result just says "pending".
I tried entering the tracking number on Startrack website too but it comes up as invalid.