Power2max contact Sam

Strawburger

Power2max contact Sam

Postby Strawburger » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:50 pm

Hi all,

Anyone got the phone number for Sam Layzell from P2m aust?

Been chasing him on a few things and can't get a hold of him in the last month.

Thanks

SB
n=10 (2013 & 2004 roads,2010 track,2x 2009 foldups,1990 hybrid,1992 trainer,2007 rental,1970's step through,1980's zeus)

Derny Driver

Re: Power2max contact Sam

Postby Derny Driver » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:22 pm

Message him on facebook or via the Olivers Real Food Racing page

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:28 pm

Strawburger wrote:Hi all,

Anyone got the phone number for Sam Layzell from P2m aust?

Been chasing him on a few things and can't get a hold of him in the last month.

Thanks

SB
He has not responded to me since Dec 28th, despite multiple attempts. He is not reading his Facebook messages as none of them show up as having been read.
I have sent him an e-mail as well.

I suspect that he is out on the road with the Oliver's Racing Team and is not attending to the p2max business in the meantime. I was due to get my power meter and cranks in the first week of January. Still waiting. Hopefully I get them before my frame shows up.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

Strawburger

Postby Strawburger » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:04 pm

Derny Driver wrote:Message him on facebook or via the Olivers Real Food Racing page
Thanks DD, done that and multiple emails! Lost his mobile number so that's all I have to go on unfortunately...
queequeg wrote:
He has not responded to me since Dec 28th, despite multiple attempts. He is not reading his Facebook messages as none of them show up as having been read.
I have sent him an e-mail as well.
Me too, I was starting to think he was avoiding me, perhaps he is just super busy on the road. Thanks QQ
n=10 (2013 & 2004 roads,2010 track,2x 2009 foldups,1990 hybrid,1992 trainer,2007 rental,1970's step through,1980's zeus)

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:55 pm

I finally got a reply from Sam via e-mail.

My power meter was not in the shipment it was supposed to be in, but should be in the order that arrived in Sydney last night.

He sent me the tracking number for the shipment, which lines up. As soon as he receives it he is sending it straight out, which should be on Monday.

Hopefully anyone else waiting for stuff will see it come through next week as well.

Paul
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:05 pm

Finally got my cranks & p2max NGeco today. Glad to have that out of the way after such a long time!
At least now I can rest easy knowing that when my frameset shows up, I'll have a crank to put in it.

macca33

Postby macca33 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:54 pm

My experience in buying anything from P2M Aust has been similar - poor communication, in general.

I realise he (Sam) may be busy, but the expectation that people ought to be handing over $1k+ for purchases, yet receiving little by way of response, for extended periods, isn't really best-practice.

When you can/do get hold of him, he's a pleasure to deal with, but until then....

I love their product and would buy again, but they really need to improve their commitment to retail custom/communication, being the sole distributor...

cheers
CAAD10 Berzerker & Focus Mares & Ridley Noah SL

tomee

Postby tomee » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:28 pm

i was advised by P2M north america to purchase from the European site as they ship to Australian and have the full range, cheaper too.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:38 pm

tomee wrote: ...purchase from the European site as they ship to Australian and have the full range, cheaper too.
Yup. If it wasn't for the Black Friday sale price, that's what I was looking at.

At the end of the day, the fact that you have to pay up front and wait ages, is not good enough in this day & age. It was enough to make me look elsewhere, and Sam lost a customer, probably for good.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:11 pm

macca33 wrote:My experience in buying anything from P2M Aust has been similar - poor communication, in general.

I realise he (Sam) may be busy, but the expectation that people ought to be handing over $1k+ for purchases, yet receiving little by way of response, for extended periods, isn't really best-practice.

When you can/do get hold of him, he's a pleasure to deal with, but until then....

I love their product and would buy again, but they really need to improve their commitment to retail custom/communication, being the sole distributor...

cheers
If I have to go through this again, I will just be buying from the European site. When you can get a hold of Sam, he is good...but, and it's a big but, he goes dark for extended periods, and you are left with no idea what is happening, and you constantly have to chase him. He will commit to a date, and when that date passes with no communication, you have to chase him again to find out why.
There has always been a valid reason, but as a customer who has shelled out $1,500 for a product 6 months ago, having to constantly seek updates was frustrating. I had multiple promises of when it would arrive, and those dates would come and go with silence from their end.

I think Sam needs to make a choice on whether to continue operating as the local distributor. I don't think you can run a racing team (sponsored by p2max!) and be the only contact for the product in Australia. It's probably not a high enough volume business in Australia to justify it as a full time job, at least when you aren't out there actively marketing the business. The website rarely gets updated.

Anyway, at least I have my Rotor Cranks, NGeco and Praxis rings all waiting here for my frameset to arrive in a few weeks, so in the end it has not caused my any issues. I will say, the last p2max I bought from Sam prior to this one, I had in under 24 hours!

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:20 pm

Me Queequeg, you are MUCH more patient than I would have been.

I would have demanded a full refund after 1 month. 6 months to deliver is just fully inexcusable, especially when it is in stock

eeksll

Postby eeksll » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:39 pm

how do you order from the european website? I tried just now and it wouldn't give me the option to ship to Australia

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:00 pm

MichaelB wrote:Me Queequeg, you are MUCH more patient than I would have been.

I would have demanded a full refund after 1 month. 6 months to deliver is just fully inexcusable, especially when it is in stock
When I ordered back in August, I ordered a Type-S. The day after I ordered, p2max announced the NGeco, which has a cheaper price. Sam offered me the Type-S at the same price as the NGeco, or I could wait for the NGeco instead. I wanted the Bluetooth connectivity, so I opted to wait, as I was told it would arriving in October (and my Frameset wouldn't be ready till Feb anyway). Anyway, October shipment date slipped, then the November one slipped, then it was Christmas, then the first shipment came in January but mine was not there, then it finally arrived in the February shipment, then Sam had to assemble it (as I ordered cranks as well and didn't want to spend extra on the spider or spider removal tool).

As far as I can tell, Sam still hasn't even added the NGeco to the local website, so unless you are like me and have pre-ordered it, you won't have been able to get one locally even if you wanted to.

If it weren't for the fact I am off the bike from injury and still waiting on the frameset, I would have lost it a long time ago :-)

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:13 am

Interestingly, if you go direct to P2m de, they still have the Type S in compact for the Spesh crank (which is what I'd need it for) at Euro 590 incl VAT but w/o shipping (discounted by Euro 200). The NG Eco versions are the same price as the discounted Type S.

When you get through to the final payment, the unit is Euro 496 (with taxes removed), but shipping adds a stonking Euro 85 (so they effectively cancel each other out, with a landed price of Euro 580.

Based on the exchange rate of 0.627, that makes it a neat A$925. (But it's A$1,499 on the Aus site for the NG :shock: ) No Type S (either compact or std on the Aus site.

That's why I think the FSA Powerbox (despite it's proprietry chainrings ) at A$720 landed when I got it is a pretty dammed good deal.