Wiggle. Minimum order for free shipping halved?

uart

Wiggle. Minimum order for free shipping halved?

Postby uart » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:26 am

Has the amount of stuff that you have to order from Wiggle before you get free shipping been drastically reduced all of a sudden? I've only used them once before (last year) and I was pretty sure that the order had to be up around the $90 to$100 range before free shipping kicked in. I just went to put in an order yesterday and free shipping came up when the order was barely $50.

Has anyone else noticed this, and I wonder when it changed.

P!N20

Re: Wiggle. Minimum order for free shipping halved?

Postby P!N20 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:32 am

Yeah, looks like it's on orders over AU$49 now.

Funny, I get plenty of spam advertising material from Wiggle (I'm sure we all do) and I've never seen one stating this.

(My last order with Wiggle was March 2017 and I think it was free postage over $80.)

fergy1987

Postby fergy1987 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:01 pm

Well that is annoying :P I just bought a bunch of stuff the other week and had to keep filling my basket to get it to the $80 - Oh well least I now have a bunch of things I might need one day :P

Also - side note - Do wiggle not sell helmets or something?

RonK

Postby RonK » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:08 pm

fergy1987 wrote:Also - side note - Do wiggle not sell helmets or something?
Not Australian approved helmets.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

bianchi928

Postby bianchi928 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:22 pm

Yep, minimum order has halved, but unfortunately it seems there in stock items have as well. I was chasing some Elite bottle cages on Sunday, hardly any in stock at all. Same with the under armour socks I was going to get to go running.

I wonder if this is some sort of consolidation of their operations.

Edit - Just re-read my post which sounds a little negative. Not the case, just a thought about what Wiggle may be doing.
Stand on my dog I cut off your head

uart

Postby uart » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:50 pm

bianchi928 wrote:Yep, minimum order has halved, but unfortunately it seems there in stock items have as well.
That's the perennial problem that I have with them too Cam. Every time I go to place an order, I have enough stuff to get free postage, but *always* at least one of the items is showing out of stock. Now if I leave that item and split the order (to get the out of stock item later) then I'm gonna end up paying postage - possibly two lots of postage - so I instead trash the order and wait until that item is back in stock. Then two time out of three when that item is back in stock, one of the other items on my list is gone! I can't tell you how many orders from me they've missed out on (and sales gone elsewhere) due to this issue.

At least the reduced threshold for free shipping should alleviate this problem though. I'm going to be far more inclined to put my order through anyway (despite missing items) knowing that I'll still probably get free shipping if I split the order. Perhaps this is why they've done it. Perhaps they finally realised how many sales this was costing them?

eeksll

Postby eeksll » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:15 pm

P!N20 wrote:Yeah, looks like it's on orders over AU$49 now.

Funny, I get plenty of spam advertising material from Wiggle (I'm sure we all do) and I've never seen one stating this.

(My last order with Wiggle was March 2017 and I think it was free postage over $80.)
likewise.
RonK wrote:
I think they have a DHB brand which is Aus standards.

have to say, I like wiggle, they have fixed every issue I have ever had warranty/incorrect item/bad advice with no fuss. But the amount of stock they have available to Australia seem to be vastly dropping.

dl

Postby dl » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:31 pm

$49 on the front page, $80 in the shipping page - I ordered last night but was over $80 so didn't notice which is correct.

http://www.this link is broken.au/h/option/aus_delivery

Have ordered a Giro helmet from Chain Reaction before that had the Australian Standard Sticker on it. The sticker didn't last long though - completely perished within 18 months.

RonK

Postby RonK » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:32 pm

eeksll wrote:
RonK wrote:
No, they don't have any Aus approved helmets. That is why you can't see any for delivery to Australia. Change the site to UK delivery and they have plenty.

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:49 pm

Seems odd, I thought they were making moves to increase their Australian presence - by halving their free postage threshold suggests they are trying to win sales over their online competitors. Yet their low stock levels and no AS approved helmets seems in opposition to that.

RobertL

Postby RobertL » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:56 pm

I ordered some stuff on Wiggle on 6th February, and it was still $80 for free postage then, so it is a very recent change.

Thoglette

Postby Thoglette » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:35 pm

eeksll wrote:have to say, I like wiggle, they have fixed every issue I have ever
What drives me nuts is their inability to get tyre sizes correct in their webstore. This is their current list of wheel size for tyres
20" (451) (20" x 1 1/8") (1)
26" (559) (57)
26"/27.5" (1)
26"/27.5"/29" (8)
27" (650b) (65)
27.5"/29" (5)
29" (622) (54)
650c (571) (2)
700c (622) (133)

What &^%#$!(AT)$#ng morons do they have approving their product data?

To be fair, all of the "big" online retailers (except Cell) seem to have the same problem.
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:19 pm

They may have halved the min order threshold, but their prices have gone up and they rarely have stock. They've screwed them-self.
Most of my business now goes to Merlin.

eeksll

Postby eeksll » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:51 pm

RonK wrote:
eeksll wrote:
RonK wrote: Not Australian approved helmets.
No, they don't have any Aus approved helmets. That is why you can't see any for delivery to Australia. Change the site to UK delivery and they have plenty.
indeed they don't, I thought they did have some Aus standard dhb helmets, but I probably remembered wrong.

RonK

Postby RonK » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:55 pm

eeksll wrote:
RonK wrote:
eeksll wrote:
indeed they don't, I thought they did have some Aus standard dhb helmets, but I probably remembered wrong.
No, you remembered right - they did once have some Aus approved helmets but they don't anymore.

Jmuzz

Postby Jmuzz » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:59 pm

P!N20 wrote:Seems odd, I thought they were making moves to increase their Australian presence - by halving their free postage threshold suggests they are trying to win sales over their online competitors. Yet their low stock levels and no AS approved helmets seems in opposition to that.
Probably changing to a system of an Australian warehouse (Amazon fulfillment perhaps?). Which means lower shipping costs for them, but also reduced stock in the smaller Aus warehouse.

OnTrackZeD

Postby OnTrackZeD » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:30 am

Crawf wrote:They may have halved the min order threshold, but their prices have gone up and they rarely have stock. .
Yes alot of the stuff I look at has gone up $10 or more so that means one item has gone up more than the price of shipping, no wonder they start free shipping at $49.

bianchi928

Postby bianchi928 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:56 am

Crawf wrote:They may have halved the min order threshold, but their prices have gone up and they rarely have stock. They've screwed them-self.
Most of my business now goes to Merlin.
This is spot on.
Stand on my dog I cut off your head

Trevtassie

Postby Trevtassie » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:58 pm

Haven't bought anything from the UK based retailers for ages, all my stuff comes from Germany now, most of them use a 20 euro DHL service, doesn't matter how big the shipment, it's 20 euros. Can't argue with a SP Dynamo front hub for 69 euros! The only thing they suck on are US made components, like Surly or Jones bits, still need to get those from the US...

uart

Postby uart » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:33 am

Has the level of detail in their tracking (of the shipment) also been dumbed down recently. I seemed to remember getting more detailed parcel tracking when I ordered with wiggle about 12 months ago. My next two orders after that were with merlin and they gave very detailed tracking info.

My latest order with wiggle (on the way) seems to have very limited tracking info, particularly at the Aussie end. Has anyone else noticed this. So far the sole extent of tracking in Australia consists of a single event saying "Your parcel is coming". No mention of where it actually is, has it cleared customs? Has it been transferred to the partner courier? No idea.

BTW. Seems that others have mentioned the same thing here in the recent thread below. Is this a new thing or did I just not notice it before?
http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... lit=wiggle

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:42 pm

[quote="uart"]
My latest order with wiggle (on the way) seems to have very limited tracking info, particularly at the Aussie end. Has anyone else noticed this. So far the sole extent of tracking in Australia consists of a single event saying "Your parcel is coming". No mention of where it actually is, has it cleared customs? Has it been transferred to the partner courier? No idea.

Was the info of "Your parcel is coming"from AusPost?
If so, then wait 2 days and it will show up as "It's on it way", and then " It's coming today."
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

uart

Postby uart » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:48 pm

Bunged Knee wrote: Was the info of "Your parcel is coming"from AusPost?
If so, then wait 2 days and it will show up as "It's on it way", and then " It's coming today."
Yes it was. It's just that I'm pretty that last time I ordered through them that I got a bit more detailed info. Not 100% sure though, maybe I'm confusing them with Merlin?

eeksll

Postby eeksll » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:14 pm

likewise the Aus Post tracking section for me is variable.

Sometimes they update well.
Sometimes nothing then everything + its coming today
A couple of times, no updates what so ever till after I had received it.

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:38 pm

uart wrote:
Bunged Knee wrote: Was the info of "Your parcel is coming"from AusPost?
Yes it was. It's just that I'm pretty that last time I ordered through them that I got a bit more detailed info. Not 100% sure though, maybe I'm confusing them with Merlin?
Check your order # from Merlin or Wiggle and match that # and you'd find out of which OLBS is it from.

Not from cycling parts order. Ordered from Fleabay and was sent a msg from AusPost app yesterday.
Your parcel is coming means that parcel had been dropped off at Post office or picked up by courier to depot in the country.
Later on, We got it, means that it had been picked up by driver but not on way to you yet.
It's on its way means in the van/truck on way to depot.
And It's coming today means from the depot nearest your place with driver on it's way to you.

ps, I had put the name of furniture in place of order # so I know what is it.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:21 pm

Looks like the free shipping threshold is back up to $80.