In how much should I sell my bike?

Vicente

In how much should I sell my bike?

Postby Vicente » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:59 am

Hey Guys! how are you?

I got a new Merida bike 2 weeks ago and I have to sell it but i dont know how much would the price be.

- model: crossway 10
- 700c ring
- L frame
- Shimano V-brakes
- Ring bell and refractive lights
-3x7 gears.

Any help please!
Vicente.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: In how much should I sell my bike?

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:45 pm

Easy, as soon as a bike leaves the shop it immediately depreciates and you may lose 25 - 50%

I am sure you know what you paid for it - and if you received it as a gift, look online for the retail price (not the RRP, rather the actual price) and from this, you can calculate your price.

As a tip, a 'ring bell' is not the most compelling feature and a '700c ring' is nothing. 700c wheels are not special, just a common standard.

If it is not new, then I think you will have to settle for a nominal $100 as you will struggle to get more.
Cycling is in my BNA

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:57 pm

$309
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:27 pm

That's a hot bike.

brumby33

Postby brumby33 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:51 pm

AUbicycles wrote:Easy, as soon as a bike leaves the shop it immediately depreciates and you may lose 25 - 50%

I am sure you know what you paid for it - and if you received it as a gift, look online for the retail price (not the RRP, rather the actual price) and from this, you can calculate your price.

As a tip, a 'ring bell' is not the most compelling feature and a '700c ring' is nothing. 700c wheels are not special, just a common standard.

If it is not new, then I think you will have to settle for a nominal $100 as you will struggle to get more.
The very reason i won't be selling my old Alum. Diamondback Sorrento Sport MTB...its still a good bike although unridden for 3 years.
I had it fully serviced just before i bought the used Vivente. I was commuting to work on it and bought some really good commuting tyres for it but now am thinking about putting some trail tyres back on and hit some trails around the Sydney region.
Be lucky to get $150 for it these days as its still got the V-brakes...no discs.

It'll be good enough for a non-serious fun bike in the dirt.

brumby33
"ya gotta hold ya mouth right"

VWR Patagonia 2017
2003 Diamondback Sorrento Sport MTB

10speedsemiracer

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:54 pm

Find similar bikes on Gumtree and Bike Exchange (used) and price it similarly.
Campagnolo for show, SunTour for go

Vicente

Postby Vicente » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:56 am

Thx guys! I think i will be selling it in 250 plus helmet and lock. Thx for your help.

Jmuzz

Postby Jmuzz » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:21 am

Best to compare similar on Gumtree, pay attention to how long they have been listed since that indicates nobody will pay.

When listing on Gumtree be prepared for an onslaught of lowball offers and don't waste time talking to "is this still available" simply reply "yes".

Do consider sensible offers and their suggestions of why they think it's not worth more.

Shipping is not viable for the cost, so just ignore or block anyone interstate or who asks about shipping even if they say they will organise the shipping company, just time wasters and scammers.
Gumtree is for physical handover and cash in your hand.