rear light that clips to bag

zebee

rear light that clips to bag

Postby zebee » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:52 pm

I had a Cygolite hotshot which was a good light but it started going doolally and refusing to turn off. Then when I got it off it refused to turn on.

Hunting through the websites of the usual suspects I find lots of lights that have rubber straps to wrap around seatposts but few that have clips to clip to the racktop bag.

I'd prefer rechargeable but battery will do. Anyone got any currently available recommendations, preferably under $60?

Zebee

Jmuzz

Re: rear light that clips to bag

Postby Jmuzz » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:11 pm

I have one of these as a backup and extra light when on road.
Cheap quality, but is small, bright, rechargable, and clips. Has survived a few trains with no leaking.

100 Lumen LED Bike Light Rechargeable COB LED USB Mountain Bike Rear Tail Light Safety Warning Bicycle Rear Light Bicycle Lamp
http://s.aliexpress.com/Jvaaeiii?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

tez001

Postby tez001 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:01 pm

Grab another hotshot. It's what I run and they are a great light with good running time and the clip for the saddle bag (one of the models don't however)

zebee

Postby zebee » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:58 pm

Jmuzz wrote:
100 Lumen LED Bike Light Rechargeable COB LED USB Mountain Bike Rear Tail Light Safety Warning Bicycle Rear Light Bicycle Lamp
http://s.aliexpress.com/Jvaaeiii?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
Oddly enough I have 2 of these. I use them for mark the trailer when I'm towing it at night.

Certainly good enough for the rack and don't break the bank.

lewie15

Postby lewie15 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:12 pm

I've got a Bontraeger Flare R, which is a great light and bought a clip for it so it can attach to my saddle bag. Works well. The clip is very strong and holds it dead straight without any movement.

caneye

Postby caneye » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:42 pm

tez001 wrote:Grab another hotshot. It's what I run and they are a great light with good running time and the clip for the saddle bag (one of the models don't however)
I would suggest the same thing. The newer Hotshot is also brighter. (there's a HotShot Pro with 150 lumens too .. )

I use the Hotshot Micro - it does come with the rubber elastic band for wrapping around seatpost. I secure it tightly (shortest length) through the loop on my backpack.

If I'm using a saddle bag, then I'll clip my Hotshot on it.

fergy1987

Postby fergy1987 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:08 am

I recently bought this
http://www.this link is broken.au/blackburn-local-15-rear-light/
The price was right and it has a clip. AA batteries but for 8 bucks who can complain

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:57 pm

I bought this front and rear pair:

http://www.this link is broken/au/e ... prod163295

They've got a clip as well as the silicon straps. I use the strap on the front light, and use the clip to attach the rear light to my saddelbag's slot thingy
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

ValleyForge

Postby ValleyForge » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:15 pm

I've got the small CatEyes which are at least 5 yrs old & going strong. They come with a post-clip and a belt clip. I run them on rechargeable AAs. I put them on my rear jersey pocket on the road side.
Ha ha ha! Cookies on dowels.

zebee

Postby zebee » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:35 pm

Interesting that the Lezynes come with a clip, sure ain't obvious. The front is too small I think as I need a see-by light for my usual runs - unlit bike paths.

WHen I got the hotshot it was on special with a powerful front light. Which my mother has nicked, so I do have to pick one up. It is only for emergencies as the trike has lights powered by the e-assist battery. IF I run out of go-juice then I need a decent light to get home but it is unlikely to ever be used.

Bentnose

Postby Bentnose » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:47 pm

I just ordered one of these https://www.merlincycles.com/moon-ring- ... 85849.html can't say how good it is because I haven't received it yet, looks like it should be good though.
No signature

zebee

Postby zebee » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:12 pm

Ah so that's what I have Chinese ripoffs of!