Popular Bike Shops
Join the Cycling Forums on Strava
Australian Cycling Forums on Strava
Latest Reviews and Articles
Will your next bike be Intelligent? ABS and Smart Bike Tech
Vitus Vitesse EVO Disc Review – Speed Machine indeed!
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:23 am
- Location: Grange (BNE)
Looking for frame to build a ladies comfort/commuter. What I need in a frame:
- step through
- at least front suspension (and rear if possible),
- internal hub gears (nuvinci 380) without chain tensioner (i.e. sliding/horizontal drop-outs)
- 700c wheel spacing.
- front and rear disc brakes.
Will also become electric with a mid mount kit.
She is currently riding a Reisse and Muller e-bike but it is a large and she could use a small. And she wants to go faster than the Bosch allows (yes I know I can mod the Bosch - may still go down that route)...
- Posts: 7691
- Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 8:42 pm
- Location: Sydney
- Posts: 111
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:52 pm
- Posts: 4030
- Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:01 pm
cram wrote:- at least front suspension (and rear if possible),
Brooks B67S That's a sprung saddle. And add some fatter tyres.
cram wrote:- 700c wheel spacing.
What exactly do you mean? I'm presuming 700C with 135 rear and 100 front drop out spacing
Why do you need 700C? Especially as you need a small frame (and fat tyres). Mix these with 700C wheels and you end up with a badly compromised geometry.
cram wrote:How hard can it be?
Well, you didn't specify carbon or titanium
Seriously, you are asking for a fair bit. Probably the closest I can think of is a Rivendell Clem-L with a new (disc) front fork. (There are adapters to mount discs on the rear of non-disc frames if you must)
Maybe the best move would be to modify an existing e-bike, like the EARTH ui-5 or e-bikes ui-ryder, which tick most of your boxes ???
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Malvern Star
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users