Great Customer Service from Knog

Newcastle Dave

Great Customer Service from Knog

Postby Newcastle Dave » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:24 pm

I bought three Knog Oi bells back in 2016 via their via kickstarter. I always thought they looked great (the black on my black bike is super stealth).

They were never a super loud bell, but when I actually measured it against a standard BBB bell that was supplied with one of my bikes, it was equally as loud, with a longer sustain time. (Actually had a slight disagreement on here with someone who "felt" his wasn't as loud and that his feelings were as valid as an actual measurement - bit of a post truth Trump thing I guess)

Anyway, the weak point always seemed to be the spring that the striker is attached too, and sure enough on the bike I use the most, the spring failed the other day. It was severely corroded and basically wouldn't "Spring" anymore. That's OK I thought, I will swap the bell with one of the others (on a bike that was hardly ridden) and see if I can find a spring and swap it out.

Unfortunately, the spring wasn't the only thing corroded, the screw holding it on was completely seized and I striped the head trying to get it out. I ended up drilling out the screw to remove it

So I contact knog via their webpage and explain what happened. A few minutes later I get an email asking what colour and size the bell was.

I replied and a few minutes after that I get an email saying that they have made a few changes since the initial release and a new one is on its way.

Just over 48 hours later the new bell is here and installed - it looks just as good and sounds even better :D

So big thumbs up to Knog !!

nezumi

Re: Great Customer Service from Knog

Postby nezumi » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:57 am

I had a similar experience with Knog, replacing without question a bell that I had bought, taken ages to mount, used for a week before the spring failed, then wasn't able to submit the warranty claim because the whole bike was at the shop waiting for Merida to assess it as a warranty claim - which the denied (and I am still sour about).

Once I made contact I had a similar experience - new bell sent out, not asked to return the old one. All good.
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Great Customer Service from Knog

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:54 pm

Essentially, the first batch were problematic - this primarily impacted the kickstarter supporters but fellow riders with version 2 bells have also experienced issues - all which get quickly resolved by the bikeshop or knog direct (replacement).

The second generation can be identified as a deeper scoop is used on the hammer and I understand that the spring length and resistance was also improved.