Canyon Endurace - how was your buying experience?

rkelsen

Canyon Endurace - how was your buying experience?

Postby rkelsen » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:21 pm

Guys,

Looking at a Canyon Endurace. There are a lot of very positive reviews of this bike online. It seems to tick all of the boxes for me, and their pricing is very hard to beat. I've got approval from the minister for war and finance, and am very close to ordering.

BUT, I'm seeing lots of negative reviews online relating to their delivery times, messed up orders, etc.

What has your experience been? Would you buy from them again?

madmacca

Re: Canyon Endurace - how was your buying experience?

Postby madmacca » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:43 pm

I;m looking very hard at one myself at the moment.

As I understand it, they had a pretty major SNAFU with the introduction of a new inventory management system in 2016, which led to a range of delivery issues. And there is a fair bit of (well deserved) heat in online forums, reviews, etc from that time period, but the experience in 2017 and 2018 has been considerably better. You may want to consider this timing in how much weight you give to various online reviews.

From their website, I think their factory is in a 1 week stocktake shutdown until 4 Oct, (and presumably switching over to 2019 model year production?), so their listed inventory right now is low.

rkelsen

Postby rkelsen » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:54 pm

Thanks Madmacca.

There were a few of them at the AGF ride a couple of weeks ago. They're great looking machines, and I can't find anything else with the same specs for the price.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:06 pm

Give Canyon a call. I will admit that when they launched in Australia and immediately suffered their technical meltdown, the phone information was not accurate but those were the early days and I would expect that they should be able to give you a clearer picture.

The general feeling is that if you go for the absolute standard config / spec, then it is ok. As soon as you have any changes, it is then all too hard or there are problems and delays which you have to try work through.
Cycling is in my BNA

mogwaiboi

Postby mogwaiboi » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:15 pm

I ordered my 'in stock' Ultimate on the 12th Sept. It was originally meant to ship between 17th-21st September, but that went by and no shipping notification. Then I got an email on the 25th saying sorry for the delay but it's now estimated to ship 1st-5th October. Obviously not the end of the world, but I'm getting impatient...I want my new bike!
Avoiding pissed of bogans in SUV's...

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:13 am

It is so simple.... when a company can’t meet their own deadline, they need to let the customer know in advance. There is difference in customer satisfaction when a customer is informed and has a chance to show understanding (and potentially even cancel) to the case where the deadline passes, the customer is never informed and gets impatient or annoyed and has to follow up themself.
Cycling is in my BNA

mogwaiboi

Postby mogwaiboi » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:28 pm

Another shipping ETA passes and not a peep. Other people I have spoken to are onto their 3rd shipping ETA and have been waiting up to 6 weeks for an 'in stock' bike. Doesn't fill me with confidence....

fergy1987

Postby fergy1987 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:23 pm

I just got back from the factory in Koblenz....amazing stuff and seems really good if you are in Germany, but when I asked how long to arrive in Australia it went from 2 weeks to 4 weeks pretty fast with a bit of a shoulder shrug lol. But still amazing machines, so it probably wont stop me. I was fanging around the factory on the endurace for ages in 6 degree weather lol. The AL model is actually super light...well compared to my current bike which weighs the same as a small truck

mogwaiboi

Postby mogwaiboi » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:46 pm

My Ultimate finally arrived, I got her tweaked to my liking...pretty happy with how it turned out :D

madmacca

Postby madmacca » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:01 pm

fergy1987 wrote:I just got back from the factory in Koblenz....amazing stuff and seems really good if you are in Germany, but when I asked how long to arrive in Australia it went from 2 weeks to 4 weeks pretty fast with a bit of a shoulder shrug lol. But still amazing machines, so it probably wont stop me. I was fanging around the factory on the endurace for ages in 6 degree weather lol. The AL model is actually super light...well compared to my current bike which weighs the same as a small truck
If you were in Koblenz, you should have picked up your bike direct from the factory. :D

fergy1987

Postby fergy1987 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:17 pm

madmacca wrote:
fergy1987 wrote:I just got back from the factory in Koblenz....amazing stuff and seems really good if you are in Germany, but when I asked how long to arrive in Australia it went from 2 weeks to 4 weeks pretty fast with a bit of a shoulder shrug lol. But still amazing machines, so it probably wont stop me. I was fanging around the factory on the endurace for ages in 6 degree weather lol. The AL model is actually super light...well compared to my current bike which weighs the same as a small truck
If you were in Koblenz, you should have picked up your bike direct from the factory. :D
Yeah i did ask about that. None in stock unfortunately lol. Plus i have a few more weeks on my trip and didnt want to lug it around haha.

rkelsen

Postby rkelsen » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:02 pm

mogwaiboi wrote:My Ultimate finally arrived, I got her tweaked to my liking...pretty happy with how it turned out :D

Sweet! :)

Looks fast standing still!

FJL

Postby FJL » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:51 pm

I''ve had my Endurace almost a year and couldn't be happier. I was also worried about my order. The production time for the colour I wanted was quite long, but in the end it came earlier than expected, so probably there's some uncertainty that can go both ways. I also found the Melbourne office very helpful wih advice by chat and email through their site. I would happily go Canyon again!

fergy1987

Postby fergy1987 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:57 am

My only issue now is "Stealth" or "Airwave Blue" - seems alot of manufacturers are going down the stealth line so thats turning me off a bit.....but it does look sleek AF