Shogun Team Issue road bike seatpost needed

sevans3

Shogun Team Issue road bike seatpost needed

Postby sevans3 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:48 pm

Hi all.
I've got a much loved Shogun Team Issue with full Shimano 600 componentry. Unfortunately, the seatpost has a hairline fracture in it and I'm finding it difficult to replace.
Does anyone know of any suppliers, rebuild buffs or classic bike enthusiasts that may have helpful ideas?

Eug1

Re: Shogun Team Issue road bike seatpost needed

Postby Eug1 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:41 am

If you're not successful on here, there's one on fleabay at the moment (not mine, I just did a quick search when I saw your post). If you're on FB try some of the retro/steal is real/vintage interest groups. I've come across parts that way.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:04 am

sevans3 wrote:Hi all.
I've got a much loved Shogun Team Issue with full Shimano 600 componentry. Unfortunately, the seatpost has a hairline fracture in it and I'm finding it difficult to replace.
Does anyone know of any suppliers, rebuild buffs or classic bike enthusiasts that may have helpful ideas?
What is the particular post - I would be surprised if it was unique to shogun - eg 1992 "team issue" shogun's came with a black "Strong NS3" seat post with Shogun in white. I thought the earlier bikes had a plain alloy seat post that would be one of the major japanese brands - Shimano, Sugino or Strong.

Do you have a pic of the seatpost ?
Anything you can do, I can do slower

sevans3

Postby sevans3 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:36 pm

Thanks for your reply.
The seatpost is original black post with Shimano in white print. The fractire is vertical from the connection to the seat clamp rim and about 3 inches long. It means my seat twists, even though the seatpost is clamped tight and the seat itself is clamped onto its mount.
I'll continue my search for a Shimano replacement post.