WA Region Riders - General Thread

HappyHumber

WA Region Riders - General Thread

Postby HappyHumber » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:24 pm

Whilst I don't think I'll name names here just yet I thought I'd follow bigfriendlyvegan's lead as he's done for Sydney. Perth might as well be WA in so far as active riders go.

As ever the definitive list of upcoming calendar rides is published at the Audax Austrslia website. WA Rides specifically can be reached here via the WA Page off the national site. This page automatically applies the WA filter to the National Calendar linked from the site home page

Post here if you have queries about local Audax events. I'm sure myself and one or two BNA Active Perthonalities will subscribe and may be to help you out, or at least refer to someone who can locally.

I'll probably have something to say about Permanent Rides locally soon enough, since I'm presently the Regional Perm secretary. Broader public announcement/guidelines on this topic aim to be distributed after the next regional committee meeting.
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

HappyHumber

Re: WA Region Riders - General Thread

Postby HappyHumber » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:19 pm

Wooo Yeah! We're on fire as ever hey guys? :lol:

Anyway, for what it's worth I'm Ride Organiser for this Saturday's Carriage to Kalamunda Loop 100km Populaire. If you're a present WA member, and our ever trusty WA email member scattergun approach works for you; you may have received an e-mail from me today already.

I have done a partial route recce ride, and also slightly adjusted a small portion of what is (at present) linked from the Ride Calendar. The version I intend running is here.

Members $6.00, Non $16.00
Entry Forms [PDF] or [Word Doc] to me ASAP ahead of the day. PM me here for my e-mail if you don't already have it.

Sat. 12th September Ride Start 0700, Carriage Cafe, Freo Esplanade. Please arrive with enough time to process a bit of the paperwork; ideally 20-30 minutes ahead. Exact change for entry fee is greatly appreciated.
--

rusty842

Postby rusty842 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:29 pm

Happy. Only saw this then. Whilst I would want to start getting involved in these this Saturday is no good.

I did notice the 2 lights and rear reflective checklist and reflective garment. Can you elaborate on this requirement

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:03 pm

tah Rusty,
replied via PM

in other news; the official calendar link for the route has been updated. WA Calendar here.

Present forecast indicates a chance of rain; but nothing of biblical proportions. Time will tell, I guess.
--