National Committee

robHflyte

National Committee

Postby robHflyte » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:59 pm

Will anyone here be putting up their hand to assist run our great club?

If you have a firm idea of which direction you'd like to see Audax go, step up, soon.

just4tehhalibut

Re: National Committee

Postby just4tehhalibut » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:34 pm

Gotta ask, how does a national committee meet? And how much work is it to be on the committee or at 'meetings'?

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:03 am

robHflyte, would you mind editing your OP heading as Audax to make your context clearer.

For those using apps readers may or may not show the thread hierarchy.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

robHflyte

Postby robHflyte » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:13 pm

not sure how to change the heading.

meetings are by phone link up, every 2nd month. They are about 2.5 hours long.
Apart from that time, anything extra is tasks you pick up and emails. I'll see if I can find a document on the expected time per week/month.

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:52 pm

ColinOldnCranky wrote:For those using apps readers may or may not show the thread hierarchy.
The beauty of standards. There's so many to chose from.

I'm only really involved at Regional level in WA. Though I have sat in on what was a National presentation earlier this year for what is now the new hosted membership system (WildApricot) That presentation worked quite well via PC netmeeting/teamviewer/webinar (I've lost track of what the generic term for this collaborative software is called these days) Even with my pretty average ADSL connection, the link, screen refresh and sound was fine. It all seemed to work smoothly enough, with a disparate range of technical nous between those in attendance. Russ Noble ran it very well, I thought.

Some meetings maybe run in conjunction with the collaborative software and a toll-free (or at least 13xxxx local call) phone number as a contingency.
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.