[WA] Mundijong Muddle (50/100K) Sat 28th

HappyHumber

[WA] Mundijong Muddle (50/100K) Sat 28th

Postby HappyHumber » Wed May 25, 2016 12:56 pm

I'm your allotted Ride Organiser for this Saturday's "Mundijong Muddle" ride, which consists of both 50 and 100 km options. Both are sublime and relatively flat rides; rolling out from Deep Water Point in Mt. Pleasant at 0800.

The WA Regional comittee of Audax Aust. is hoping to revive some of our shorter distance rides and variations to encourage and hopefully retain some new faces. Audax isn't all about the ultra-kilometres; it's more about setting your own goals and basic tenacity out on the bike. Existing and experienced riders are being encouraged to participate as a welcome to newcomers and make things a little more social.

Completing either the 50 or 100k variations contributes to your "Brevet Australia" (Audax Australia) personal tally & annual awards eligibility.

If you're considering riding either distance please fill out a form here (print & fill in by hand) or here (download & edit) and forward back to me before Saturday. Remembering though the ride fee : members $6 or non members $16. Exact change on the day much better guarantees I'm a nice person.

Electronic online registration hopes to better under way for WA soon, as local Ride Organisers begin to take it up. I've left it a bit late for this one ... :oops:

Kym
kymbo@iinet.net.au
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

robHflyte

Re: [WA] Mundijong Muddle (50/100K) Sat 28th

Postby robHflyte » Wed May 25, 2016 1:47 pm

good luck, enjoy the ride.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed May 25, 2016 3:12 pm

Would like to have made the 50 km as my back into it ride but alas cannot do Saturday. All the best with the ride.

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Mon May 30, 2016 11:40 pm

Well, for what it's worth..... by far the worst of the weather had blown over before sunrise. Kicking off at 0800, it was otherwise a brisk morning. The two of us who did the 100k only encountered a light bit of rain shortly before the Mundijong Control at the 58k mark. Mild West/Sou-Westerly winds which served us better for the final third of the route.

The ride route is a nice easy 100k loop. I hope to revisit it perhaps as a local Populaire with a little better marketing at a date perhaps more assured of good weather next calendar year to get in some new blood.
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.