Pro forma for BNA posts promoting rides & discussing after ?

HappyHumber

Pro forma for BNA posts promoting rides & discussing after ?

Postby HappyHumber » Wed May 25, 2016 9:52 pm

I'd personally like to see the BNA Audax/Randonneuring sub-forum used as little bit better tool for promotion of upcoming rides and then maybe discussion afterwards.

Just throwing this out there; but perhaps extending on what I posted earlier today for the WA ride this weekend. There's no obligation to post - it's entirely up to the Ride Organiser, any supporting crew or especially enthusiastic participant who might be active here on BNA to do so. But it has always frustrated me somewhat that you can't merely send someone a link to a calendar entry or quickly share an upcoming ride on social media easily. Not that I'm a soshal meeja savant by any means.. but I do acknowledge it's pervasiveness in our modern world.

BNA threads started for particular rides can be a direct URL substitute for sharing elsewhere.

What I'm getting at is something similar for the Market Place conventions. For an upcoming ride, create a new post here under 'Audax / Randonneurring' on BNA with a subject

[STATE][Region] [DD/mm/YYYY] Ride Name (X/Y/Zkm distance options)

And then in the first post perhaps expand on the restrictions of the character limit in the subject

Ride Name: Loopy Local & Personal Reference Label
Ride Type [BA|BRM|UAF]
Distance Options: (x|y|z km)
Date: DD/MM/YYYY Start time HH:MM
Ride Organiser : John Doe

Some basic calendar extralopation here (optional)
- link to online registration if available
- links to maps of different routes
- links to soft copies of cue sheets

I don't know. Keen to hear other opinions. If there's any support, I'm happy to discuss here in this thread.. and then maybe have the mods post a sticky of the most agreed upon (and sanitised) version of what I just mocked up above.
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

bigfriendlyvegan

Re: Pro forma for BNA posts promoting rides & discussing after ?

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Wed May 25, 2016 10:04 pm

Sounds like a good idea, Kim, but there are lots of rides and the ride organisers don't necessarily post here. The title format sounds good, and a link to the ride somewhere in the first post would be really useful, but so far this forum is being used to coordinate little riding groups for rides and get like minded BNAers along for the ride.

Maybe we could make BNA the official Audax forum and then the ride organisers can post something more formal. At the moment, an organic approach will probably work best, with a little structure for clarity.

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Wed May 25, 2016 10:10 pm

Oh look.. I understand there's lots of ROs and not just riders, at all varying levels of PC/tech engagement. (GPS vs. cue sheets anyone!?)

As I said, it's nothing to be enforced... just a suggested convention for those of us active here.

I think some passing BNA users that aren't otherwise involved in Audax maybe more likely to pick up on upcoming rides, and as such it's a means to attract new participants. Of course the issue of attracting and then retaining new riders is entirely another kettle of guppies.

As for being 'official' ? Little baby steps.... little baby steps.
--

robHflyte

Postby robHflyte » Thu May 26, 2016 7:12 am

looks good. I may pick up rides from non-BNA member ROs and post here with there permission.

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Thu May 26, 2016 1:20 pm

The only thing that made me hesitate is posting RO's contact details. The official and only definitive Audax Australia calendar mandates a phone number & email which then becomes clickable. Not knowing enough about it, I don't know how prone that is to crawlers/spambots or whatever. I repeated my own email for the Mundijong Muddle ride; but that's me. I'd hesitate more linking anyone elses info without their explicit permission.

Maybe one for the mods/devs to comment on ?
--