Ride Name: Mystery Brevet
Ride Type: [BA]
Distance Options: (145 km)
Start Location: TBA
Date: TBA/2016
Start time: After Sunrise
Ride Organiser : Me

Yes, a mystery brevet.
How does it work? You will be told where the start is and at what time you should arrive by. You will not know the course or checkpoints until the day of the ride.
The ride will be during daylight hours so no lighting check is required BUT you will receive your brevet card and a cue sheet at the start so it is important you arrive on time.
The cue sheet will have all the instructions for getting you to the first checkpoint. At the first checkpoint you will receive another cue sheet that gets you to the second checkpoint. You see how this works, you will only have cues to get you to the next checkpoint or finish.
Checkpoints will have opening and closing times as per usual Audax style. If you miss the checkpoint closing time you will miss out on receiving the next cue sheet.
I'll be announcing a final date when I have jumped through whatever hoops may be present to get this approved as an Audax ride.

madmacca

Re: [NSW][Sydney] [TBA/2016] Mystery Brevet

Postby madmacca » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:30 pm

What?? You mean I would have to like, navigate for myself, rather than just downloading the route into my GPS??? :o

robHflyte

Postby robHflyte » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:56 pm

that's the idea madmacca. No beeps, no of course warnings, no real idea of where the ride will be taking you.

madmacca

Postby madmacca » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:17 pm

robHflyte wrote:that's the idea madmacca. No beeps, no of course warnings, no real idea of where the ride will be taking you.
Shock!! Horror!!

Although I did do Sunday's Wandong Winter Wander with a rider who had the club's new Ride With GPS app activated, and his phone was whispering sweet nothings in his ear the whole ride, which was too much even for me.