Young 13 yr old Britt riding Across Australia

brumby33

Young 13 yr old Britt riding Across Australia

Postby brumby33 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:46 pm

I accidently happened to meet 3 people on a bus from Randwick to City, including young Siam Juntakeret from Cornwall UK and got to have a chat with them on the way into Sydney City, anyway when I asked them about their trip in Australia and what they are planning to do whilst here ( i could tell they weren't local Poms lol) they said they were over here to break a new world record for the first Child to ride across Australia within 33 Days.....there was one prior attempt by another youngster taking over 40 days but Siam has his sights on 32-33 days starting from Forster Tuncurry on the East Coast and riding across the Nullabor to Perth working on a 100 mile (160km) average daily distance.

His Mum and Trainer were among the 3 that I met and young Siam had his arm kinda slung up due to a bit of a stack before his flight over here. His Trainer Bob couldn't beleive how much Sydney has changed since being here before. Apparently very much the athlete himself.

Heres the article I found on him....http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/13-year ... story.html

I hope he achieves what he set out to accomplish.

This is a bit about his trainer....he is organising a huge Cycle event also for later in the year.
http://www.bobbrownendurance.com/

You just never know who you're gonna meet on a Sydney Bus (I wasn't driving this one...just a passenger )

Cheers

brumby33
"ya gotta hold ya mouth right"

VWR Patagonia 2017
2003 Diamondback Sorrento Sport MTB

HyperHorse

Re: Young 13 yr old Britt riding Across Australia

Postby HyperHorse » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:05 am

Damn... Just riding around the Gold Coast was a big deal for me when I was 13.
And... How dead is this forum!?!?!? :-(
COME ON PEOPLE!!!!!
GT Outpost, Silver, Medium..
Standard except for Serfas Drifters Road tyres..

brumby33

Postby brumby33 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:03 am

HyperHorse wrote:Damn... Just riding around the Gold Coast was a big deal for me when I was 13.
COME ON PEOPLE!!!!!
Interesting how you mentioned about the forum...we had a discussion over the past week about how many use FB groups and stuff as it's easier to post pics since Photobucket took it's bat and ball home and didn't wanna play nice guy anymore and removed 3rd party photo sharing capabilities and have left massive holes in forums with no pics...only a tab of Photobucket....they wanted money for it to happen.
http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... 23&t=96586

Boy oh boy you must've been bored tonight....I thought this post I wrote was well & truly in the archives by now...Last March. Well he made it accross but I think a day or two out from his calculations but still took out the record....but I don't think he had it recorded as the cost of doing so wasn't cheap....anyway, that article about him doing the ride is no longer available so it looks like the Herald must've wiped it from their cache of stories.

Hyperhorse...couldn't help noticing on your location profile that being on the Gold Coast and missing Sydney....really?!!!! Can't wait to get outa this place and head up to the Goldie....wanna swap places? :lol:

Cheers

brumby33

VWR Patagonia 2017

HyperHorse

Postby HyperHorse » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:13 am

brumby33 wrote:
HyperHorse wrote:Damn... Just riding around the Gold Coast was a big deal for me when I was 13.
COME ON PEOPLE!!!!!
Interesting how you mentioned about the forum...we had a discussion over the past week about how many use FB groups and stuff as it's easier to post pics since Photobucket took it's bat and ball home and didn't wanna play nice guy anymore and removed 3rd party photo sharing capabilities and have left massive holes in forums with no pics...only a tab of Photobucket....they wanted money for it to happen.
http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... 23&t=96586

Boy oh boy you must've been bored tonight....I thought this post I wrote was well & truly in the archives by now...Last March. Well he made it accross but I think a day or two out from his calculations but still took out the record....but I don't think he had it recorded as the cost of doing so wasn't cheap....anyway, that article about him doing the ride is no longer available so it looks like the Herald must've wiped it from their cache of stories.

Hyperhorse...couldn't help noticing on your location profile that being on the Gold Coast and missing Sydney....really?!!!! Can't wait to get outa this place and head up to the Goldie....wanna swap places? :lol:

Cheers

brumby33
No. You do not want to come here. I cannot emphasise that enough. Perhaps I could tell you why over a coffee or something once I get down there...
I want to get back so badly but first I must sell my late father's car.
GT Outpost, Silver, Medium..
Standard except for Serfas Drifters Road tyres..

brumby33

Postby brumby33 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

Crikey :shock: now you've really got my attention....Ok PM me...as I was looking at somewhere at the Goldie in a couple of years for semi-retirement....now you're scaring me :lol:
I was hoping for a more laid back lifestyle of bicycles and beaches...or is that bitches...maybe both :mrgreen:

VWR Patagonia 2017