Aero bar recommendations

WhingingPom

Aero bar recommendations

Postby WhingingPom » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:45 pm

I'm pulling together various bits and pieces to get my roadie in a fit state to be used for a few longer rides. Power/lighting is just about sorted and I'm now looking into getting a set of aero bars to give myself yet another position I can fidget into.

Top of the list at the moment seems to be Zipp Vula clip with the Evo 70 extensions as they seem to be infinitely adjustable.

Does anyone have recommendations for something that's likely to work for endurance riding? I'm looking for something comfortable and not particularly aggressive.

cancan64

Re: Aero bar recommendations

Postby cancan64 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:22 am

Profile design seem to be popular in the world of bike packing. You just want to be able to have the ability to have them fitted for endurance and be able to get risers in case you need them higher like the photo below

“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:34 am

Following on... you want the armrest to be moveable on the bars so you can get the best position, I have found Ski bends are better for wrist position... I tend to spend a lot of time on the aeros and initially went the lightest I could find but they were to low so was having to keep my head tilted on more of an angle which in turn gave me a sore neck after a few days... now have my aeros fitted by bike fitter... correct height so neck is not sore, elbows at 90° so arms Arms are holding me up and not straining shoulders and ski bend bars so wrist is straight.
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

RonK

Postby RonK » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:25 am

The Profile T3+ is very popular and can be found at reasonable prices. It's fully adjustable and there are a range of risers available to achieve a comfortable height.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

WhingingPom

Postby WhingingPom » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:36 am

Thanks for the Profile Design recommendations. I'll add these to the list.