Penrith Cycling Club - 28th July

Arty

Penrith Cycling Club - 28th July

Postby Arty » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:41 pm

Just a quick head's up for anyone interested!

A club race with a difference. All grades will be run over the usual distance plus 10km. ie: A grade - 90km, B grade - 80 km, C grade - 70km, D Grade – 60km, E Grade - 50km There will be sprint every 3 laps with points recorded for the first 4 placegetters. At the completion of the race the points will be tallied and the winner will be the rider with the most points. So who wins? The best sprinter? Not necessarily, if the other strong riders try and work over the sprinters, particularly after a sprint. Everybody will get tired as the race goes on, and we
expect to see some gaps appearing. So let's see some action in what should be an interesting set of club races!!

bigfriendlyvegan

Re: Penrith Cycling Club - 28th July

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:46 pm

A points race and a crit? Who let those two things breed. Cruel, cruel, cruel.

vander

Postby vander » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:16 pm

Every lap would of been better. Especially as they are 5km laps, would of been better for breakaways also.

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:41 am

bigfriendlyvegan wrote:A points race and a crit? Who let those two things breed. Cruel, cruel, cruel.
:lol:
I'm guessing a few lads have come up with some ideas. I reckon a couple groups will have eyes on the prize big time.

Pedaling

Postby Pedaling » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:28 pm

Was the meeting a success?
Were there more entrants than usual?
Can anybody tell us how the meeting went please, as this seems like a great idea.
Cheers,

Darrin.
"Life is just a ride" Bill Hicks
2012 C59 Colnago
2013 Giant TCR

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:54 am

I read the race report. 20 in 4 grades each? Small E grade. Sounds like it was a great tactical race in the higher grades. My suspicion about tactics was incorrect. Most winners led from the front, three sprints each. The lower grades had decimation, I think the E grade winner took all but one sprint.

scotto

Postby scotto » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:50 am

it was a great race. in c grade i think the winner got one sprint only and was consistently well placed. I got a second mid race, and a forth or fifth early on. With 3 laps to go a 6 man break formed and lasted only a lap and a half. I was all alone for the last lap and rolled across the line ( literally) about 200m ahead of the bunch. I then collapsed in exhaustion. I did enjoy it and was focussed on breaks ( i did about 4 laps out front in all ) purely for training for the masters TT in sept.

the hardest part is working out what to wear. its bloody cold for the first hour then warms up a lot ...

definately a great format, made better by discovering aftwerwards that the last sprint was a prime. this was amusing as the commisaires went to great lengths pre-race to let us know that the last sprint wasnt worth double points or anything fancy. they didnt mention the money...

Arty

Postby Arty » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:54 pm

Pedaling wrote:Was the meeting a success?
Were there more entrants than usual?
Can anybody tell us how the meeting went please, as this seems like a great idea.
Cheers,

Darrin.
1. Yes, good to mix it up and definately went better than i personally thought it would
2. Not really, few extras in A Grade but the other grades seemed around the normal numbers
3. Went well, good to see a club willing to mix things up a bit!

Pedaling

Postby Pedaling » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:20 pm

Great, thanks Arty.
I will suggest this to the guys at my club.
Thanks mate,
Cheers,

Darrin.
"Life is just a ride" Bill Hicks
2012 C59 Colnago
2013 Giant TCR