Cell Bikes

Ross

Re: Cell Bikes

Postby Ross » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:56 am

Going OT a bit, but Torpedo 7 might be lurking here as I got an email from them yesterday with a very generous solution to an issue I had with them. Hopefully they follow through and it is resolved soon.

One small gripe I have with Cell Bikes' website is that you need to look in about 10 different places to find all the specials. I'm a bit (ok, a lot!) of a bargain hunter and tend to buy when stuff is on sale but there is the 48 hour specials, there is the Under $10 specials, Clearance specials, Clothing specials etc etc. I would be good if you just had one area where all the specials were.

rdp_au

Postby rdp_au » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:37 am

Plus, I would really like a way to quickly see what sizes are available. It's frustrating to like the look of something, check on 'buy' and find the size you need is out of stock.

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:07 pm

So Mark,

As a recent competition winner on your facebook page, I couldn't help but notice the new CHINA signature blocks in the emails from the staff there.

How much of Cell Bikes is actually based in China? Do any orders get shipped from there or is just a back-office / manufacturing dept there and all orders are handled & dispatched from Australia?

I assume you're still mainly Aust based or is Cell China much larger and we just don't get the exposure of them here.... ?

Are you planning to "move" there like cyclingexpress have done or are you going to stay Aust. based?

Regards,

T.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:35 pm

rdp_au wrote:Plus, I would really like a way to quickly see what sizes are available. It's frustrating to like the look of something, check on 'buy' and find the size you need is out of stock.
Hi rdp_au, we are actually working on this now!

You're right, it does suck! I hate it myself. Wiggle & C.E. have this, and it's nice to just see what they have, at first glance.

We're all about a positive UE, user experience...and what we have now, is kind of like getting a show bag, but with nothing inside! (doh)

I'll forward your feedback to the people that need to know, so we can get this done sooner, rather than later!
-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:40 pm

thomashouseman wrote:So Mark,

As a recent competition winner on your facebook page, I couldn't help but notice the new CHINA signature blocks in the emails from the staff there.

How much of Cell Bikes is actually based in China? Do any orders get shipped from there or is just a back-office / manufacturing dept there and all orders are handled & dispatched from Australia?

I assume you're still mainly Aust based or is Cell China much larger and we just don't get the exposure of them here.... ?

Are you planning to "move" there like cyclingexpress have done or are you going to stay Aust. based?

Regards,

T.
I'm actually working out of our China office now.

Our headquarters is in Sydney, as is our shipping warehouse. There's also the store in Melbourne. Our China office is more for product listings and handling admin stuff for factories in Asia. Nothing is shipped from China to you, as that would take AGES.

If a business has a 'regular' delivery time of more than 10 days, they are most likely shipping from an Asian warehouse.
-website mgr Mark

dajackal

Postby dajackal » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:49 pm

CELL Bikes wrote: I'm actually working out of our China office now.

Our headquarters is in Sydney, as is our shipping warehouse. There's also the store in Melbourne. Our China office is more for product listings and handling admin stuff for factories in Asia. Nothing is shipped from China to you, as that would take AGES.

If a business has a 'regular' delivery time of more than 10 days, they are most likely shipping from an Asian warehouse.
-website mgr Mark
that. is amazing. the LBS of the globalisation era. curious to hear more about your operations.

it also explains why the email i received had such poorly worded engrish. :wink:

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:27 pm

that. is amazing. the LBS of the globalisation era. curious to hear more about your operations.

it also explains why the email i received had such poorly worded engrish. :wink:
Haha, yeah, that's my mate Charles. The staff here are wonderful, work so hard and really love working for an Aussie bike company!
Actually, Cadbury and Continental are also in the area! If anyone ever gets tired of life in Oz...you'll quickly appreciate it, when you come here, and the sky looks like 'pea soup' and breathing the air here, is like smoking a pack a day, depending on where you're riding!

What's nice about China is that they have a bicycle friendly infrastructure, and it's easy to get around by bike (at least where we're at).

There are a lot of Germans and French here as well. Audi has a big presence in this area. Most Chinese in the area, if they have money, will ride either a Merida, or a GIANT.
-website mgr Mark

jillybean

Postby jillybean » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:56 pm

Oops - double post. I often wondered how that could happen and now I know.
Last edited by jillybean on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1987 Colnago Master Piu | 1994 Trek OCLV Carbon |2013 Colnago CLX 3.0 Di2

jillybean

Postby jillybean » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:58 pm

Does anyone else have a problem accessing the Cell website from a tablet (android)? All I can get is the mobile view no matter what browser/settings I use. (Apologies if this has come up earlier in the thread, but I haven't read it all - obviously :) )

Jill
1987 Colnago Master Piu | 1994 Trek OCLV Carbon |2013 Colnago CLX 3.0 Di2

LM324

Postby LM324 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:32 pm

Yes, happens with me as well. I once asked someone and got a reply along the lines of we will look into it. That was around the start of the year.

schroeds

Postby schroeds » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:03 pm

I ordered sine stuff 11pm Tuesday night and it was dispatched 2pm the next day. That's impressive. Good job, Cell.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
Not so much a cyclist...more of a sit down comedian

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:10 pm

Hi jillybean and Philipthelam,

We've been waiting for our ERP system to release an update that will make for a better user experience when using a mobile device. Apologies it's been taking so long. We know how important it is to get it sorted, and I share your frustrations as well, as I only want the best for you guys. When all of you share your frustrations and feedback on how we can improve, I want to get it done asap. However when what you need to get done, requires another party to sort things out, the wait is maddening.

jillybean and Philipthelam, when we release our new mobile site, which will actually be a dynamically scaling version of the regular site, send me a reminder of this post and I will have something special to thank you for your patience.
-website mgr Mark

rumble11

Postby rumble11 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:27 pm

I ordered two Continental GP4000S tyres from Cell on the 7th. They arrived in Cairns yesterday. Communication with Cell was good. They were cheaper at Cell than anywhere else (Believe me - I checked). Delivery time was good. I've used them before - I'll use them again.

It is good to see Mark posting constructive replies on here without being defensive or argumentative.

The slowest thing about delivering to Cairns is Australia Post. Items will get from the UK to Brisbane faster than they will get from Brisbane to Cairns.

Marty Moose

Postby Marty Moose » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:45 pm

I'll add 2c here:) I ordered off cell and the items were out of stock. The Communication was great honest and quick.

MM

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

Robinho

Postby Robinho » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:30 am

Ordered several things over the last year from Cell and have always been pleased with the kit and the time to get to me in WA. It is a little frustrating when you find something you want, only to find it is not available in your size, only today I was in for a jersey and a rain jacket (both cell brand) but ended up getting similar on Wiggle as they had stock, albeit slightly more expensive.

Generally though I find Cell as competitive as anyone and usually wait until I want a few things so I can get free delivery.

Sent from North Korea using the dark network

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:53 am

Robinho wrote:Ordered several things over the last year from Cell and have always been pleased with the kit and the time to get to me in WA. It is a little frustrating when you find something you want, only to find it is not available in your size, only today I was in for a jersey and a rain jacket (both cell brand) but ended up getting similar on Wiggle as they had stock, albeit slightly more expensive.

Generally though I find Cell as competitive as anyone and usually wait until I want a few things so I can get free delivery.

Sent from North Korea using the dark network
Hi Robinho, thanks for considering us for some of your purchases. We do our best to keep stock, but when another store has what you need, when you need it, it is our fault for losing out. I share your frustration, as keeping this in stock also depends on our factory turnaround, as well as other Australian suppliers.

Wiggle does a great job, has more resources and money, so we're so grateful to even be in the conversation with them!

Australia represents a much smaller market than the UK, so the stock Wiggle has access to, vs the stock we have access to represents a huge disparity that we will continue to do our best to fight.

Thanks for your feedback and ride safe and have a great weekend.
-website mgr Mark

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:59 am

Hi,
Do the emails that cell send out actually advertise specials or just the current price?

Had an email the other day advertising shimano components at 40% off etc. Went to check them out and the prices were the same as a few days earlier, because I had just been checking out cassette prices etc, thus I knew what the prices had been.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:30 pm

ozzymac wrote:Hi,
Do the emails that cell send out actually advertise specials or just the current price?

Had an email the other day advertising shimano components at 40% off etc. Went to check them out and the prices were the same as a few days earlier, because I had just been checking out cassette prices etc, thus I knew what the prices had been.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2
Hi ozzymac, it's a combination of both. Products that are already heavily discounted are introduced, and products that we want to move are reduced. We do our research to make sure that we try to have the lowest price of any Australian-based business, while being competitive with Wiggle if we can. However sometimes it's very difficult, as Wiggle sells some things $30 cheaper than our wholesale price.

Also, before the newsletter goes out, the prices are reduced the previous night, as we go home and need the prices to be at their special price when the newsletter goes out early in the morning.
-website manager Mark

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:52 am

http://www.this link is broken/Campagnolo- ... ory=240962" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So.... $35.20.

Anyone EVER bought them for that price or have you never actually sold them at that?

Has anyone here EVER bought any pair of socks at >$35 each? I thought the $20 for the BNA team kit socks was excessive.

Cell, you really need to review how you sell/advertise stuff.

p.s. What's with your current ordering delay? I placed a 2 item order on Friday and it still hasn't shipped. That's unlike you folk.

T.

comehome

Postby comehome » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:12 am

ordered a bunch of things sunday night, delivered to melbourne tuesday morning. pretty damn good.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:10 am

thomashouseman wrote:http://www.this link is broken/Campagnolo- ... ory=240962

So.... $35.20.

Anyone EVER bought them for that price or have you never actually sold them at that?

Has anyone here EVER bought any pair of socks at >$35 each? I thought the $20 for the BNA team kit socks was excessive.

Cell, you really need to review how you sell/advertise stuff.

p.s. What's with your current ordering delay? I placed a 2 item order on Friday and it still hasn't shipped. That's unlike you folk.

T.
Hi thomashouseman,

Thanks for showing us that link. This definitely looks like a pricing error. We have thousands of products online, and sometimes something 'wonky' happens, and thanks to people like you, we become aware of it, sooner, rather than later. This is one of the reasons why we're in this forum, to be made aware of things we can fix.

Let me see what's happening with your order. Apologies for any delay.

-website mgr Mark

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:12 am

Just checked this link http://www.this link is broken/Campagnolo- ... ory=240962" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and someone has already revised the price to what it should be.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention thomashouseman.
-website mgr Mark

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:39 am

http://www.this link is broken/Campagnolo-STD-Basic-Socks is still showing a $35.20 rrp to me.

Thanks for looking for my order: 137-SO196335

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:20 pm

http://www.this link is broken/Campagnolo-STD-Basic-Socks

Hi thomashouseman,

mate, can you refresh a few times CTRL+F5

-website mgr Mark

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:30 pm

Oh! Sorry mate, you meant RRP!!!

Yeah! You're right, that is too high!

Forgive me, I thought you meant the actual selling price was too high.

Yes, that RRP...not sure where it came from! I'll fix it right now.

Something may not have carried over correctly in a product spreadsheet import from the supplier.

-website mgr Mark