Brisbane City to Kedron Brook Bikeway?

ausmomo

Brisbane City to Kedron Brook Bikeway?

Postby ausmomo » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:29 am

Hi all,
I'm a Southsider, and last weekend I tried to ride from Brisbane CBD to Toombul. It was the most unpleasant ride. Essentially went Town, New Farm, Newstead, Kingsford Smith I'M GOING TO DIE drive, then to Toombul.

Is there a better way? Please, please tell me there is...

cheers :)

Lukeyboy

Re: Brisbane City to Kedron Brook Bikeway?

Postby Lukeyboy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:09 am

Town, Bowen Hills, Grange (enter Kedron Brook bikeway), Kedron and then Toombul :)

brett.hooker

Postby brett.hooker » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:53 am

Absolutely...
Look for enoggera creek bikeway and also Kedron Brook road...
You can come up from the bicentennial bikeway through Roma street and past the rbh and then onto enoggera creek and then Kedron brook road, uxbridge street and then you are on the kbb.

You can also go through Bowen hills from the valley, down butter field street, onto enoggera creek bikeway and the Kedron brook road etc...
Loving my Merida's and working towards adding a Pinarello to the stable... Go go go...

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:14 am

Yep. Maps might be better :P Town, Roma Street via the bikeway to Bowen Hills/Herston, Grange and bikeway would be the best way if going via South Bank. Going over The Story Bridge via the Valley, Bowen Hills, Grange and bikeway would be best if going that way (if your confident going along Bowen Bridge Road/Brunswick Street go for it but I find there to be major pinch points along Brunswick Street due to the lack of space with large vehicles and especially due to the amount of buses that go from the Valley to RBWH - during the week there's supposed to be a bus every 3-4 minutes but in reality they all go past at the same time leaving very little room as there is a stop every 50m or so however that might be different on the weekends).

Ryanricardfth

Postby Ryanricardfth » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:16 pm

hey

here are 3 other ways i've riden from the city to the kedron brook they all meet up at different points along the way.
personally i prefer the last one even though its one of the longest ways

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/321994461" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - meets at shaw rd
http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/304411283" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - meets in gordon park
http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/320222449" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - meets up in alderley
there is a fourth way which involves coming through the gap and settlement rd, i haven't ridden/mapped that however

dclnmurray

Postby dclnmurray » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:17 am

ausmomo wrote:Hi all,
I'm a Southsider, and last weekend I tried to ride from Brisbane CBD to Toombul. It was the most unpleasant ride. Essentially went Town, New Farm, Newstead, Kingsford Smith I'M GOING TO DIE drive, then to Toombul.

Is there a better way? Please, please tell me there is...

cheers :)
There is, we ride this ride a lot from 8MP's out to Sandgate. It is a pleasant back street ride. Although you have to go over a 50mtr hill just take it easy and listen to the bird life, not the exhaust life ;)
Here is the route http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3121236" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards

Dave

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:08 pm

Ryanricardfth wrote:hey

here are 3 other ways i've riden from the city to the kedron brook they all meet up at different points along the way.
personally i prefer the last one even though its one of the longest ways

there is a fourth way which involves coming through the gap and settlement rd, i haven't ridden/mapped that however
That's is a very long way, scenic yes! :shock:
Lisa

Ryanricardfth

Postby Ryanricardfth » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:42 pm

i took this photo on the way out to the western end of the kedron brook the other week definitely worth the trip out there imo