Moron Motorists #3

Undertow

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby Undertow » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:21 am

Mulger bill wrote: [rant]My Fred, HOW do people put up with it EVERY damn day?
[/rant]
I have the same thought whenever I have to drive through peak hour. I just don't understand how people can put up with doing it every day.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:22 am

Undertow wrote:
[/rant]
I have the same thought whenever I have to drive through peak hour. I just don't understand how people can put up with doing it every day.
they look for opportunities to vent their frustration.. :x

warning: foul language is to be heard in the following video. me angry! :evil:

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:45 am

Undertow wrote:
[/rant]
Why do people take jobs in areas that they have to drive through this crap every day :shock: , They work 8 hours a day but drive over 2 for a crummy couple of dollars extra that they spend on there car anyway. Besides being away from their family do they hate them that much.

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:51 am

jules21 wrote:
Undertow wrote:
[/rant]
they look for opportunities to vent their frustration.. :x

warning: foul language is to be heard in the following video. me angry! :evil:
He probably doesn't even understand a word you said or have a licence for that fact

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:53 am

Dragster1 wrote:He probably doesn't even understand a word you said or have a licence for that fact
i'm pretty sure he understood the universal language of fist on boot and passenger window!

lobstermash

Postby lobstermash » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:48 pm

Undertow wrote:
[/rant]
It's amazing, isn't it... I ironically had to drive in peak hour traffic (which really isn't that bad in Canberra) yesterday evening to go and buy a 2nd hand bike. It was pure torture! I'd rather have my thighs burning and cheeks frozen than trap myself in a metal prison surrounded by fellow, similarly frustrated inmates...

VRE

Postby VRE » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:50 pm

lobstermash wrote:
Undertow wrote:
[/rant]
It's amazing, isn't it... I ironically had to drive in peak hour traffic (which really isn't that bad in Canberra) yesterday evening to go and buy a 2nd hand bike. It was pure torture! I'd rather have my thighs burning and cheeks frozen than trap myself in a metal prison surrounded by fellow, similarly frustrated inmates...
I find if your cheeks are frozen, then it's time to put on pants :P .

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:18 pm

jules21 wrote:warning: foul language is to be heard in the following video. me angry! :evil:
You're becoming quite the angry young man Jules :?
Melbs taxi "drivers" will do that to a rider. :(
We really need more reforms of the industry to improve driver training.
The standards need to be raised from abysmal to hopeless at the bare minimum.

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:30 pm

Mulger bill wrote:You're becoming quite the angry young man Jules :?
30 seconds a later an elderly woman walked out right in front of me and i stopped to let her through. i felt better about myself :)

i felt guilty getting angry after that, then watched it on video this morning and decided.. nah i was right to get angry. he just pulled out in front of me.

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:56 pm

jules21 wrote:
Mulger bill wrote:You're becoming quite the angry young man Jules :?
30 seconds a later an elderly woman walked out right in front of me and i stopped to let her through. i felt better about myself :)

i felt guilty getting angry after that, then watched it on video this morning and decided.. nah i was right to get angry. he just pulled out in front of me.
With his foot in his mouth, and his heart in his hand...

Cheers,

Cameron

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:13 pm

ironhanglider wrote:With his foot in his mouth, and his heart in his hand...
i'm in a new york state of mind!

Daus

Postby Daus » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:07 pm

This morning while I was waiting to cross a road with my bike I was swerved at deliberately and narrowly missed by a car with 2 woman in it, all I saw was their faces and they were laughing up a storm (yes a great joke). I am a husband, father and grandfather, what a tragedy for my family if I was killed for someones elses amusment. I am certain if I had been a pedestrian that they would not have bothered- all this very public media frenzy has singled out cyclists and we are now fair game in the war with the masses that live for their daily dose of reality TV- they probably have tweeted on one of the media shows about the kill they had today.
I suspect that their children ride bicycles and I know what reaction they would have if they were used for sport. The media has a lot to answer for. Unfortunately today I was unable to read the number plate on the car as I did not have prescription glasses on however tomorrow I will.

Don

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:09 pm

Hahahahahaha. I did an epic CCR overtake going onto Sandgate road. Had to be easily doing 640kph at the time. As usual the next set of lights is always red. Still doing 35-40kph I had some female bogans in their beaten up on its last legs 1995 Mitsubishi Magna far in the distance get on the horn and start abusing me because I was in the first thru lane (far left bike lane, left turn only, straight only, straight only) on the corner of Sandgate Road and Rode Road. I didn't take much notice but she got on the horn and either her or the passenger started yelling something about you don't pay rego, get in the bike lane. Being the kind person I am I slowed righhhhhhhhhht down and cruised the 2000m to the car ahead of me. Gave them a nice little wave. Now the angry cyclist that I had just overtaken at warpspeed goes past and says to me... atleast I think it was directed at me... "Way to be an !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !!, mate". I smiled back. Anyway the lights go green and the bogans get on the horn again despite the traffic in front of me still not moving. "I'm going to put this on facebook" which had me shaking in my cleats. "I'm gonna report this to the police" oh no I thought. Traffic finally starts moving and they are on the horn and yelling something else which I couldn't give a rats about. Get to the intersection and instantly pull alongside the car ahead as I get back into the bike lane. As the traffic gets up to speed the bogans come past with Shazza hanging out the window taking a photo because I was so damn sexy so I gave her a thumbs up. Powering towards the top of the hill I couldn't see the cyclist that called me an !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !!. Obviously still stuck at the traffic lights because they didn't activate :D

If anyone sees any facebook posts give me a heads up. I need a new profile photo on Strava :)

Just an FYI for those that don't know about the intersection of Rode Road and Sandgate road. The bike line should be avoided at all costs. Drivers constantly shortcut the corner by crossing the bikelane and at times ignoring the red no turn arrow and turn when the green bike symbol is displayed/going straight ahead. Not to mention that's if the buzzer to activate the bike lights to stop the turning traffic actually works (KonaCommuter? I think has a great video of the lights not working :P).

Not my video by the way.
Last edited by Lukeyboy on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:15 pm

jules21 wrote:
ironhanglider wrote:With his foot in his mouth, and his heart in his hand...
i'm in a new york state of mind!
You showed him the mohawk and said "You talkin' to ME?" :shock:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:38 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:As the traffic gets up to speed the bogans come past with Shazza hanging out the window taking a photo because I was so damn sexy so I gave her a thumbs up.

If anyone sees any facebook posts give me a heads up. I need a new profile photo on Strava :)
Gold :mrgreen:

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:56 pm

Bogan ... from Logan?

FuzzyDropbear

Postby FuzzyDropbear » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:49 pm

Had an idiot cut me off this morning, but haven't put the footage up as it's on my work PC and stupid work decided to upgrade to windows 7 and so nothing is working. lol.

But had these other ones; bit more of a laugh on the way home. Well, not sure about the first one, no idea what he was honking at, apparently he gets excited when he sees a bicycle on the road?? I'm assuming this guy saw the stupid TV show as you can see him swerve into my lane with 2 wheels, then as he goes past he lays on the horn... No idea what his issue with life is... Purhaps he's !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! that he's driving a 1994 Falcon that sounded like a box of sno+ as it went past. The other guys I had to laugh, after all the OH&S stuff on building sites these days, they decide to have a meeting in the middle of the road.. But hey, it's ok, they have high-vis on so they're safe. lol.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:01 pm

Mulger bill wrote:You showed him the mohawk and said "You talkin' to ME?" :shock:
if i saw that guy in the cab i'd have stayed quiet :mrgreen:

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:07 pm

Love the story, Lukeyboy. :D

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:As the traffic gets up to speed the bogans come past with Shazza hanging out the window taking a photo because I was so damn sexy so I gave her a thumbs up.
I was thinking about this today. Are you sure it wasn't bike envy? You do have a nice bike, and it is worth more than their car :lol:

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:03 pm

InTheWoods wrote:
I was thinking about this today. Are you sure it wasn't bike envy? You do have a nice bike, and it is worth more than their car :lol:
They didn't strike me as the type of people that would be doing something healthy let alone riding a bicycle. Carsales has one currently going for $850.... Just enough to pick up a rear wheel of those new Zipp 60 aerowheels :P

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:50 pm

trailgumby wrote:Bogan ... from Logan?
No longer unfortunately, they have migrated to all parts of SEQ these days...
We have the Redlands version, the Pine Rivers version and well as the original Bogan from Logan.... :wink:
Lisa

HiChris

Postby HiChris » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:56 pm

The Redlands bogans tend to hang out on German Church Road for some reason.

jimsheedy

Postby jimsheedy » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:45 am

This morning at about 645 heading north down the spit hill at about 55 kmh our group was tailgated ( less than a metre clearance from the closest rider's rear wheel) by a hero in a ute with BRADSTREET BUILDING sign writing on it. The genius also sat on his horn the whole way. As he went past at the bottom he wound down the window and let go with some abuse. It is a three lane main road. we were in the left lane and boxed in by other cars. This bloke was driving recklessly and extremely aggressively. The consequences of him hitting the rider in front (myself) would've been dire to say the least. Our group of a dozen riders include a few architects a criminal barrister and a senior news limited exec. A letter is on its way although on noting their website that they are a family run company not holding out much hope of a compassionate hearing. Anyway remember the name BRADSTREET BUILDING.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:18 pm

I'll remember that name and not give any business to that company.

Today's MM for me was the young clown in the old yellow WRX with the STi rear wing, huge wheels and Lancer Evo style diblets on the roof. Doing a standing start in Maccas car park at Prestons.

You Sir are a complete and utter fool. Grow up and drive safely. There are people with kids there.