Aint it great

DoubleSpeeded

Re: Aint it great

Postby DoubleSpeeded » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:22 pm

hooman wrote:Freedom of thought and speech is not an excuse for uneducated, gutter and antisocial behaviour.

He doesn't need to explain himself, you are right. Not yet anyway.

I meant freedom of speech for Ronk... not gpz1100

gpz1100 wrote:
hooman wrote:Freedom of thought and speech is not an excuse for uneducated, gutter and antisocial behaviour.

He doesn't need to explain himself, you are right. Not yet anyway.

Ain't it great when people bite like this :twisted:
Not that i am a Fun-Police...

but i agree with hooman.

But out of curiosity about shinning your lights into oncoming pedestrians eyes... what sort of personal gains do you receive from that?

This type of entertainment i feel is just bullying people who are peaceful and cop it. Family man and his dog? Mother, with a pram and infant?

Imagine shinning into the eyes of the wrong people? of a bunch of Arab Bikies perhaps ... You'd sure get some gains from that.

but its your life buddy, you know what your doing

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:53 pm

HappyHumber wrote:
gabrielle260 wrote:I'm a bit like Mulger Bill... Whenever a bogan in a car yells abuse I just smile broadly and give them a friendly but frenetic wave ( as if I am manically pleased to see them). It really p@(AT)@es them off.
I've blown the odd kiss back.
That tends to really wind them up :)
Dogs are the best people :wink:

gpz1100

Postby gpz1100 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:03 pm

don't worry about bikies,they are very nice people.what about all the charity rides they do.
I would not shine my light into someone pushing a pram or a kid,but a guy walking his dog,that would be alright.

RonK

Aint it great

Postby RonK » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:42 am

gpz1100 wrote:aw come'on gronk,just a bit of fun
I take it back - I thought your troll was too obvious, but it is working...
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

munga

Postby munga » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:07 am

i mean no disrespect to our feathered friends when i say this, but you, sir, are a goose.

Marty Moose

Postby Marty Moose » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:51 am

I like running red lights, riding really fast on foot paths clipping people especially really old people who fall over, fighting with anyone who abuses me, having ubber bright lights the psp while speeding of course, doing 60 plus in school zones, drinking the beer out of the cans thrown at me.These are just a few things I love to do :) Oh I forgot scratching cars with my cleats.....

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

birdbrain

Postby birdbrain » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:05 am

Marty Moose wrote:
I like running red lights, riding really fast on foot paths clipping people especially really old people who fall over, fighting with anyone who abuses me, having ubber bright lights the psp while speeding of course, doing 60 plus in school zones, drinking the beer out of the cans thrown at me.These are just a few things I love to do :) Oh I forgot scratching cars with my cleats.....

I like drinking from a dirty glass.

clackers

Postby clackers » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:32 am

gpz1100 wrote: I would not shine my light into someone pushing a pram or a kid,but a guy walking his dog,that would be alright.
That's the Anzac spirit!

gpz1100

Postby gpz1100 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:51 am

RonK wrote:
I'm am not trolling,I get a lot of great use out of this website.I did not intend on treading on anyone's toes by creating a post like this.I just bought a new light,having previously having crap ones and was at first shocked by padestrians reaction and then I'll admit found their reaction slightly amusing.I did not realise I would be judged so harshly
I apologise to anyone who may taken offence by my actions,and further to this I will dip the beam and make further considerations for padestrians and others whilst riding shared paths.
the post was intended to be a bit of fun and some replies where great,I'm glad some people could see the funny side of it.
I'd say about 4 people got a dose of 1800 whilst on may way to work over 2 days.probably around 430am.
I apologise to those individuals.
I'm sorry bna,can you find it in your hearts to forgive me.

regards

Jeff

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:12 am

:lol:
FPR Ragamuffin

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:15 am

warthog1 wrote:
HappyHumber wrote:
gabrielle260 wrote:I'm a bit like Mulger Bill... Whenever a bogan in a car yells abuse I just smile broadly and give them a friendly but frenetic wave ( as if I am manically pleased to see them). It really p@(AT)@es them off.
I've blown the odd kiss back.
Does it have the same effect if you're a female cyclist blowing the kiss? Or is the anger-factor lost because of the changed gender? I've been thinking about putting this in my repertoire of hand signals.

thecaptn

Postby thecaptn » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:19 am

gpz1100 wrote:
RonK wrote:
I'm am not trolling,I get a lot of great use out of this website.I did not intend on treading on anyone's toes by creating a post like this.I just bought a new light,having previously having crap ones and was at first shocked by padestrians reaction and then I'll admit found their reaction slightly amusing.I did not realise I would be judged so harshly
I apologise to anyone who may taken offence by my actions,and further to this I will dip the beam and make further considerations for padestrians and others whilst riding shared paths.
the post was intended to be a bit of fun and some replies where great,I'm glad some people could see the funny side of it.
I'd say about 4 people got a dose of 1800 whilst on may way to work over 2 days.probably around 430am.
I apologise to those individuals.
I'm sorry bna,can you find it in your hearts to forgive me.

regards

Jeff
Don't let the self appointed thought police get to you Jeff, this is BNA you're allowed to have a laugh.

rjk

Postby rjk » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:35 pm

i have no problem of you flashn the odd stooopid ped about to step out infront of you with their brain holding devices in their ears, they deserve it.

I have also done dumb things and prob will continue to do it the rest of my life.

Wouldnt it be boring if we all did exactly the same damn thing.

come on peeps admit you have done dumb things in your life, or admit to being raised in switzerland
Boardman CX pro now the commuter, Salsa Casseroll, Trek Domane

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:57 pm

Summernight wrote:
warthog1 wrote:
HappyHumber wrote: I've blown the odd kiss back

Does it have the same effect if you're a female cyclist blowing the kiss? Or is the anger-factor lost because of the changed gender? I've been thinking about putting this in my repertoire of hand signals.
I'm not sure if the effect will be the same coming from a woman. You'll have to try it but beware it can send the odd bogan troppo.
Last edited by warthog1 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

DoubleSpeeded

Postby DoubleSpeeded » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:57 pm

Marty Moose wrote:I like running red lights, riding really fast on foot paths clipping people especially really old people who fall over, fighting with anyone who abuses me, having ubber bright lights the psp while speeding of course, doing 60 plus in school zones, drinking the beer out of the cans thrown at me.These are just a few things I love to do :) Oh I forgot scratching cars with my cleats.....

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2
which prison are you typing to us from?
:mrgreen:

DoubleSpeeded

Postby DoubleSpeeded » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:59 pm

rjk wrote:i have no problem of you flashn the odd stooopid ped about to step out infront of you with their brain holding devices in their ears, they deserve it.

I have also done dumb things and prob will continue to do it the rest of my life.

Wouldnt it be boring if we all did exactly the same damn thing.

come on peeps admit you have done dumb things in your life, or admit to being raised in switzerland
dumb things in life...

but...sometimes, some stupid things in life can haunt you.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:08 pm

Usually after saying "Hold my beer".

DoubleSpeeded

Postby DoubleSpeeded » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:10 pm

gpz1100 wrote:don't worry about bikies,they are very nice people.what about all the charity rides they do.
I would not shine my light into someone pushing a pram or a kid,but a guy walking his dog,that would be alright.

ive known of some in my old Neighbourhood of Sunny Auburn in Sydney's South West... and i can tell you.... "nice" is not the correct word to describe them... But hey...They might actually be... if you perhaps flash them with your 1800lumen LED! light :lol:

flashing a guy walking his dog is alright?
well remind me never to walk my dog in your neighbourhood because you might blind me...and i might hold my eyes and accidentally release my dogs on you. :wink:

People have been attacked for things far less than that...
I remember an incident in Bankstown Gym... somebody got stabbed in the head/skull.. due to just looking/glancing at someone wrongly.

like i said before champ, those things can get you in trouble if you happen to land in the wrong place at the wrong time... and in your case.. the wrong person.

Sprocket

Postby Sprocket » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:41 pm

post removed - thread deteriorating rapidly back to its poor start.
Last edited by Sprocket on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

gpz1100

Postby gpz1100 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:20 am

ive known of some in my old Neighbourhood of Sunny Auburn in Sydney's South West... and i can tell you.... "nice" is not the correct word to describe them... But hey...They might actually be... if you perhaps flash them with your 1800lumen LED! light :lol:

well remind me never to walk my dog in your neighbourhood because you might blind me...and i might hold my eyes and accidentally release my dogs on you. :wink:

I remember an incident in Bankstown Gym... somebody got stabbed in the head/skull.. due to just looking/glancing at someone wrongly.

like i said before champ, those things can get you in trouble if you happen to land in the wrong place at the wrong time... and in your case.. the wrong person.
[/quote]

doublespeeded,jeez your a tool.

DoubleSpeeded

Postby DoubleSpeeded » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:42 pm

gpz1100 wrote:

doublespeeded,jeez your a tool.[/quote]

really? fairdinkum?

if im the "tool"

You would be the, Fool!

Looks like your in Sydney...And i guess for future reference...if someone flickers thier 1800lumen LED light in my eyes for no reason.. ill be sure to know its you.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:34 am

Aaaand that'll be the end of that before things go from rather unattractive to downright ugly.

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011