Montville Road finally open! (Sunshine Coast)

jacob_T

Montville Road finally open! (Sunshine Coast)

Postby jacob_T » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:36 pm

Well, it's been a long time coming but Montville Road is finally up and running.

I went to check it out this morning, and ended up doing 2 reps it was that good.

It's a very nice training climb/descent with a comfortable and consistent gradient and beautiful views of the Sunshine Coast

I highly recommend getting out there if you're anywhere in the vicinity.

Comedian

Re: Montville Road finally open! (Sunshine Coast)

Postby Comedian » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:55 pm

Can you give us a link to look at showing location? Thanks. :)

jacob_T

Postby jacob_T » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:33 pm

Sure thing.

Here's my ride from this morning.

https://www.strava.com/activities/76011349" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:14 pm

Very cool news, it closed not long after I started riding so I've never been able to go up there, will definitely be getting down to Palmwoods asap.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Wakatuki

Postby Wakatuki » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:29 pm

Get off my hill!!!! :lol:

I went up again yesterday, love the TDF smiley faces and sprayed road messages.... Keep going :)

I can't believe that now it's open they start to patch up the rough bits, HELLO its been closed 3 years, you could have done it all....

Jacob T, if ever you want to climb the hill twice while I climb it once in the same time I'm sure I can help :D
My full circuit up is 32:07 down is 9:02. That's hitting the lights and roadworks in both directions. I often night climb it too, with the PWBMC, 3 members and getting smaller :lol: PM if you want to hook up.
I called you on Thurs Pinto where were you!

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:53 pm

I was out at the farm with no signal :( . Haven't done any riding since Tuesday thanks to all the work out at the farm. I'll have to meet you down there sometime in the next week or so, once my father-in-law gets back from working out west he'll want to be working on the farmhouse 24/7, and you know who is going to be dogsbody for all that lol.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

jacob_T

Postby jacob_T » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:35 pm

Hey guys. I live in palmwoods so been trying to get up this hill as much as possible.

Got approx 18:50 up the other day. Hoping to get a sub 18 time in the near future :)

But I'm always keen to take it slow and have a chat too. Let me know when you're headed up next and I'll try pop along.

Pax

Postby Pax » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:07 am

Fond memories of hammering down that hill in the mid 70s on a friend's "girls" step through bike with back peddle brake.

Wakatuki

Postby Wakatuki » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:16 am

Pax wrote:Fond memories of hammering down that hill in the mid 70s on a friend's "girls" step through bike with back peddle brake.
Back pedal brake :shock: well done sir.

Ride it last night on the MTB supposed to have been social, my heart rate and legs would disagree. Still trying to set this girl up properly. They decided to come back down on the razorback. The Avid hydro brakes with 160mm rotor are NOT suitable for my weight and those speeds. Glow, glow, glow ya discs, till the pads begin to melt, whats that smell, warped the disc, now they start to squeak!

Sorry Jacob only re checked the thread this morning. Will PM u my number. I am the slowest in the pack, I will be using the hill for the Strava climb challenge in the coming days. Have a good climber to hook you up with, a P'woods resident too. He would be a sub 20 guy. I am aiming for sub 30 next!

jacob_T

Postby jacob_T » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:54 am

I'll be doing a few reps in the next hour if you're keen to join?

Wakatuki

Postby Wakatuki » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:15 am

Sorry Jacob, work :(
Will be heading up Sunday in the AM, with the boss, Pam; you're welcome to pass us, think 55 minute climb!!!!
Always use the MTB when with Pam on the hill, it's like doing trackstands (which I can't do) all the way if you don't have super low gearing.
2 x Charge Cooker 29 er's in White/Black I'll be the mule wearing a red rucksack! Pam'll be in the Pink helmet saying hiya to everyone....
Probably on the hill between 7:45 and 9:00! Breakfast at the top :D Pm'd you my contact info. Cool runnings.