Ventyx Ride for Research (Wesley Hospital)

BrisVegas

Ventyx Ride for Research (Wesley Hospital)

Postby BrisVegas » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:40 am

Hi all,

I'm off on a 7-day 700km charity ride this Friday 6th Sept. My employer (Ventyx, fromerly Mincom) sponsors the Wesley Research Institute and this year's major fundraiser is a bike ride. There are 16 of us going and we've raised just over $30k so far, half of which has come from individual sponsors. The rest has come from raffles, brekky's and Bunnings sausage sizzles, silent auctions and garage sales etc. Corporate sponsorship has been almost non-existant. :( Sign of the times I guess.

I've been back on the bike for nearly two years on and off and i've done a couple of 100km mass participation rides. I've been trying to be consistent with my riding this year to get ready and have done 4,500km so far. I haven't done anything like a 7-dayer since I was 16 though! :shock: I'm still a big unit, so it'll be hard work. There's a couple of really fit guys in the team, a few of us who are mediocre riders and a couple of newbies. We're aiming to avg 25km/h.

The route is Brisbane-Laidley-Toowoomba-Dalby-Kingaroy-Kilcoy-Bribie-Brisbane, so there's a few decent climbing days.

Feel free to check out progress and pics as we go and of course all donations are greatly appreciated!

Wish me luck! 8)

Dion
https://rideforresearch.everydayhero.com/au/dion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2004 Litespeed Tuscany Ti SRAM Force 2x10 & 2021 Bombtrack Hook EXT SRAM Rival 1x11

jasonc

Re: Ventyx Ride for Research (Wesley Hospital)

Postby jasonc » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:17 pm

good luck!

BrisVegas

Postby BrisVegas » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:19 pm

jasonc wrote:good luck!
thanks mate. :lol:
2004 Litespeed Tuscany Ti SRAM Force 2x10 & 2021 Bombtrack Hook EXT SRAM Rival 1x11

Undertow

Postby Undertow » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:03 am

You should all totally ignore dions link as it is incorrect. The correct link to go to do donate is
https://rideforresearch.everydayhero.com/au/steven" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D

BrisVegas

Postby BrisVegas » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:37 pm

Undertow wrote:You should all totally ignore dions link as it is incorrect. The correct link to go to do donate is
https://rideforresearch.everydayhero.com/au/steven" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D
:lol:

where'd "undertow" come from?