Happy with Personal best

auswi2

Happy with Personal best

Postby auswi2 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:59 am

Hello,

I went out on our group ride on Sunday and decided to do the longer ride with the faster group. I ended up travelling 46.5km in 1h 40mins with an average speed of 27.4kph with a aberage cadence of 82. The back half of that ride was only 3 of us as the faster guys and girls take a slightly different route.

From Cleveland out to Carbrook and back. I did a similar distance 2 weeks earlier on a solo ride for 50km in 2h 10mins.

I know one was solo and one was a group ride but still happy that I could maintain a solid pace. I think the difference this time was not to think about the higher pace and the hill climbs but to try and stay relaxed and be in the right gear.

Have the 100KM Charity ride this Sunday so will adopt the same mindset

Cheers

Auswi

foo on patrol

Re: Happy with Personal best

Postby foo on patrol » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:55 am

auswi2 wrote:Hello,

I went out on our group ride on Sunday and decided to do the longer ride with the faster group. I ended up travelling 46.5km in 1h 40mins with an average speed of 27.4kph with a aberage cadence of 82. The back half of that ride was only 3 of us as the faster guys and girls take a slightly different route.

From Cleveland out to Carbrook and back. I did a similar distance 2 weeks earlier on a solo ride for 50km in 2h 10mins.

I know one was solo and one was a group ride but still happy that I could maintain a solid pace. I think the difference this time was not to think about the higher pace and the hill climbs but to try and stay relaxed and be in the right gear.

Have the 100KM Charity ride this Sunday so will adopt the same mindset

Cheers

Auswi
This is the way to attack/ride all races and train. :idea: :wink:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

cerb

Re: Happy with Personal best

Postby cerb » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:24 pm

foo on patrol wrote:This is the way to attack/ride all races and train. :idea: :wink: Foo
I reckon in training you need to specifically be conscious of your speed/effort/power/HR as it is what you are trying to build!

Definitely agree that you need to be relaxed for races and longer rides though... :)