- Posts: 456
- Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:54 pm
- Posts: 12499
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:30 pm
- Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney
- Posts: 5878
- Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 8:21 pm
- Location: On The Tools
- Posts: 441
- Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:18 pm
it happened to me before and i had to exchange it for a Titanium railed version.
the Two things you need to watch out for:
1.) Titanium or steel rails are round in diameter.
alot of the Carbon saddles are oval shaped.
You may need a new clamp that is suited to carbon saddles.
2.) Depending on the type of bike which you did not specify.
if its a MTB or Road bike that has a cylindrical seat post.. i think ritchey sell a retro fit carbon clamp/conversion.
but if it was like me... my TT bike had an Aero Carbon seat post that is specific to the bike brand.. not a universal cylindrical . and the clamp is also specific to the brand of bike... and the manufacturer did not design or make a clamp to suit carbon saddles.
as you can See, Quintana Roo supplied the Adamo which is round titanium...
several people online have actually drilled out the clamp to suit the carbon saddles... but i would not recommend this as it is not manufacturer intended and can be a hazard to your health if something goes wrong
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:08 pm
- Location: Kyoto, JAPAN originally Gold Coast, QLD
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Cell Bikes
- Malvern Star
- Santa Cruz
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.