Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

jasonc

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jasonc » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:55 am

thomashouseman wrote:Ordered last Friday from Cell - only two items in the order, still not dispatched.

T.
have you contacted mark yet?

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:48 am

gretaboy wrote:I am pretty peeved at Wiggle. Ordered parts on the 2nd August...every item status stated that product was available.

It is now 27th August and I am still waiting for a single item to be delivered. Have heard nothing from them either. Will say rest of order got delivered relatively quickly. The part I am waiting for is a bottom bracket, a stock standard item, so cant see uniqueness being the issue

Follow up: sent an email to them yesterday outlining my frustrations. Got a reply and also item has now been dispatched. Reply did not say why it was delayed but did give an apology

ACT SC600

Postby ACT SC600 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:39 am

A few experiences regarding my online shopping
http://www.bicycleexpress.com.au/store.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; awesome pic up by the cheese and kisses for my Birthday pressie (Garmin 800 bundle) $379 posted (very fast postage)
Cell Bikes – never had a problem and postage always very quick
Pushy’s – ordered some stuff before my Alice to Katherine ride and they missed 3 packs of tubes… called up when I got back from the NT and they investigated and sent out 3 tubes express (excellent customer service)

Carrots

Postby Carrots » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:02 pm

ACT SC600 wrote:A few experiences regarding my online shopping
http://www.bicycleexpress.com.au/store.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; awesome pic up by the cheese and kisses for my Birthday pressie (Garmin 800 bundle) $379 posted (very fast postage)
Cell Bikes – never had a problem and postage always very quick
Pushy’s – ordered some stuff before my Alice to Katherine ride and they missed 3 packs of tubes… called up when I got back from the NT and they investigated and sent out 3 tubes express (excellent customer service)
They're selling the 800s for $379 over the counter also.

CoffsGal

Postby CoffsGal » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:17 pm

Ordered Shimano Ultegra 6800 groupset (11 speed) from http://www.merlincycles.com/ at midnight Wednesday and it arrived on Tuesday morning.
So 5 days from the UK.
Great price ($892) and quick delivery.
They appear to have a good range of items too.

Emma

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:10 pm

jasonc wrote:
thomashouseman wrote:Ordered last Friday from Cell - only two items in the order, still not dispatched.

T.
have you contacted mark yet?
He has! All sorted!

Thanks again to this great forum for letting us know when something needs to be addressed!
And thanks to everyone who has ordered from us! We appreciate your business and thank you for using us for any of your needs!

There are so many other shops out there, so we never take any of you for granted!

Ride safe and have a great night everyone!
-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:44 am

thomashouseman wrote:Ordered on the 9th from Wiggle, advised one item not in stock, rest sent. Still hasn't arrived and not in stock item still on back order.
Ordered last Friday from Cell - only two items in the order, still not dispatched.

T.
Wiggle order arrived yesterday, box smashed to bits but all contents still in it (amazingly!) Backorder product still on backorder.
Cell contacted, was a warehouse/stocktake mixup. Order dispatched yesterday. Hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully today.

ball bearing

Postby ball bearing » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:34 am

thomashouseman wrote: Wiggle order arrived yesterday, box smashed to bits but all contents still in it (amazingly!)
Wiggle packers do have a Zen-like minimalist approach to boxing up their parcels.

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:53 am

ball bearing wrote:
thomashouseman wrote: Wiggle order arrived yesterday, box smashed to bits but all contents still in it (amazingly!)
Wiggle packers do have a Zen-like minimalist approach to boxing up their parcels.
Yeah, I had cassettes arrive from Wiggle and the box was ripped down the sides. The cassettes had small free moving parts that weren't packed in well so I was very lucky I didn't lose them through the huge gap.

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:26 am

Summernight wrote:
ball bearing wrote:
Yeah, I had cassettes arrive from Wiggle and the box was ripped down the sides. The cassettes had small free moving parts that weren't packed in well so I was very lucky I didn't lose them through the huge gap.
Happens all the time, they usually send small item in a huge box too!

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:44 am

Wiggle

27/8 - ordered, confirmed and dispatched
30/8 - arrived

bloody hell! got the the dhl card and assumed it was the wifeys as there was no way it could have been mine, or so i though!

AJ.ROK

Postby AJ.ROK » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:01 pm

Placed order Wednesday 28th online with Merlincycles UK.
Arrived today !! Amazing. Did not realise the UK was that much closer than Asia. Seems to take 14 days or longer from there.
Big thumbs up to Merlincycles.

jandb

Postby jandb » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:01 pm

Have had good experiences with Torpedo7 when buying accessories & parts however 1 recently ordered a full bike from them & things haven't gone so smoothly. Bought a Felt Edict Nine 3 for $3k on 28 Aug. It left their warehouse after 4 days which is ok I guess but a week later I rec'd a notice from Customs that I now need to submit forms & pay duty/GST/processing fees. Will probably take another 2 weeks. Maybe I should have known that but I assumed as I was paying $A and T7 also has a warehouse in Sydney that this transaction included all taxes. Bottom line is that landed cost will be same as I could have paid locally and will take almost a month to receive and I have no local support. To return I need to pay own costs. Should have bought from LBS.

nezumi

Postby nezumi » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:42 pm

Disappointed with c r c so far.

My shipping address in their system is:
Level X
XXX Colins St
Melbourne
Victoria 3000

I got an email saying my order was dispatched - awesome! except it was sent to:

Level X
Melbourne
Victoria 3000

This doesn't bode well. I have emailed them and I am waiting for the reply.

EDIT: They replied overnight to confirm that the correct shipping address was used. The address displayed on their site was wrong, but that's all. Whew!
Last edited by nezumi on Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

Shpox

Postby Shpox » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:20 pm

Ordered something from Wiggle that has a stock TBC 2-4 weeks. Going to see how the process goes and how long it takes them in this scenario :mrgreen:

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:44 pm

jandb wrote:Have had good experiences with Torpedo7 when buying accessories & parts however 1 recently ordered a full bike from them & things haven't gone so smoothly. Bought a Felt Edict Nine 3 for $3k on 28 Aug. It left their warehouse after 4 days which is ok I guess but a week later I rec'd a notice from Customs that I now need to submit forms & pay duty/GST/processing fees. Will probably take another 2 weeks. Maybe I should have known that but I assumed as I was paying $A and T7 also has a warehouse in Sydney that this transaction included all taxes. Bottom line is that landed cost will be same as I could have paid locally and will take almost a month to receive and I have no local support. To return I need to pay own costs. Should have bought from LBS.
For a complete bike there is a customs duty exemption - though if you ordered for Torpedo7.com.au, although they are a NZ company they seem to have a Aus location so it is not a clear cut assumption that duty/tax is or is not applicable.

I would ask them about it.
Cycling is in my BNA

nezumi

Postby nezumi » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:38 am

Update: c r c replied to my query today to confirm the full shipping address was used.

Crisis averted.
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

jandb

Postby jandb » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:13 am

AUbicycles wrote: I would ask them about it.
Yes I have been discussing it with them. They are adamant I should have seen the warning on one of the shipping pages. They weren't even that helpful when I asked for info to complete the customs form - am supposed to provide T7's Customs customer # but they wouldn't give it to me as they thought they'd be charged. Customs said I can reject the goods & the bike will be sent back to T7 at no cost to me but getting my refund off them would be difficult & protracted. Interesting what you said about the duty exception for a full bike. I should have said GST not duty - Customs told me 10% GST is to be charged, not duty. Plus $50 processing fee.

I guess buying a full bike online (that you can't test ride) is only a risk worth taking when the full, landed cost is significantly cheaper than LBS pricing. Lesson learned.

Shpox

Postby Shpox » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:55 am

AUbicycles wrote: For a complete bike there is a customs duty exemption - though if you ordered for Torpedo7.com.au, although they are a NZ company they seem to have a Aus location so it is not a clear cut assumption that duty/tax is or is not applicable.

I would ask them about it.
Seems a bit misleading if they're using an Aussie ABN and hence a .com.au domain.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:06 am

jandb wrote:I guess buying a full bike online (that you can't test ride) is only a risk worth taking when the full, landed cost is significantly cheaper than LBS pricing. Lesson learned.
Hi jandb,

If you order a bike from us, Bicycles Online, and other genuinely AU-based businesses with warehouses here, there will be no customs cost, however you would be getting an 'in-house' brand though, and not something from the 'Big Brands'.

Perhaps if LBS's could try their best to make their pricing more competitive, it may sway buyers from shopping offshore (although the service you received from T7 didn't seem very helpful or forthcoming, maybe ymmv depending on which employee helps you. All I know is...we don't chastise people if they didn't see some information that is nestled away somewhere deep in the site....

Hope you have better luck in the future mate.

-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:03 am

nezumi wrote:Disappointed with c r c so far.

My shipping address in their system is:
Level X
XXX Colins St
Melbourne
Victoria 3000

I got an email saying my order was dispatched - awesome! except it was sent to:

Level X
Melbourne
Victoria 3000

This doesn't bode well. I have emailed them and I am waiting for the reply.
I've had that before for a present for my partner (not from a cycling website)- the 2nd address line on the ordering page didn't get printed on the parcel.

So mine read:

[name]
Level X
Melbourne VIC 3000

Fortunately for me it was being sent by DHL and they had been given my mobile number. The courier company called me up and said they didn't have all my address. I ended up picking it up from the depot anyway as it is not out of my way to get there but they would have sent it on.

So you may still receive the package even with that type of mistake if your contact details are put on the package by the sender. :D

I learned my lesson though - never use the second address line or box - always fit the whole address into the first address box.

schroeds

Postby schroeds » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:18 am

jandb wrote:
AUbicycles wrote: I would ask them about it.
Yes I have been discussing it with them. They are adamant I should have seen the warning on one of the shipping pages. They weren't even that helpful when I asked for info to complete the customs form - am supposed to provide T7's Customs customer # but they wouldn't give it to me as they thought they'd be charged. Customs said I can reject the goods & the bike will be sent back to T7 at no cost to me but getting my refund off them would be difficult & protracted. Interesting what you said about the duty exception for a full bike. I should have said GST not duty - Customs told me 10% GST is to be charged, not duty. Plus $50 processing fee..
I'm under the impression that if gst is applicable its a legal obligation to show it in the price.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
Not so much a cyclist...more of a sit down comedian

ACT SC600

Postby ACT SC600 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:02 pm

so I have pulled the trigger on an order from Wiggle and an order from PBK ... just waiting on Mark from Cell to get back to me regading the Carbon Prologo saddle I am looking at :D

jandb

Postby jandb » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:11 pm

CELL Bikes wrote:
If you order a bike from us, Bicycles Online, and other genuinely AU-based businesses with warehouses here, there will be no customs cost, however you would be getting an 'in-house' brand though, and not something from the 'Big Brands'.
I did have a look at both Cell & Bicycles Online but neither currently has a 29" dual-suspension bike avail which is what I'm after. Both have good bikes at great value though.

andione1983

Postby andione1983 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:19 pm

What sort of customs cost would there be on a $2500 bike from Wiggle?

Sent from my Galaxy far far away....
Road Bike - Giant Advanced Defy 2 (2018)
MTB - Boardman Team Pro (2013)