M7 Safety Alert Thread

leximack

Re: M7 Safety Alert Thread

Postby leximack » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:12 pm

TimW wrote:Keep a lookout for this guy as well, he is known to conceal weapons :):)

looks like he's packing a weapon in the downstairs region :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

TimW

Postby TimW » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:22 pm

leximack wrote:
TimW wrote:Keep a lookout for this guy as well, he is known to conceal weapons :):)

looks like he's packing a weapon in the downstairs region :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Where mate??

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:31 am

[mod]Received a complaint about this thread, please keep it on topic and family friendly[/mod]
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:24 pm

Another few swoopings from the magpie near the Eastern Ck Waste Mgt Centre. Persistent bugger! Tried it on both directions. No helmet strike this time,

milkman

Postby milkman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:44 pm

Strawburger wrote:
eon wrote: 1. Red/White/Blue -> OZPinoyRoadies which I actively ride with

If we can at least identify the group then we can try address.
Hi ehly,

Almost got run over by this bunch this morning. Using the whole path in a group of what looked like 15-20. I came out of a sweeping bend to be faced by a wall. Did mention to the bunch to keep left but seemed disinterested.

No dramas for me but others could find that a bit off putting.
These guys need to learn to stick to their lane. I've nearly been cleaned up by them a few times riding 3 or 4 abreast around a corner! :x

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

leximack

Postby leximack » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:33 pm

mikesbytes wrote:[mod]Received a complaint about this thread, please keep it on topic and family friendly[/mod]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
this gave me a good chuckle :lol: :lol: :lol:

zozza

Postby zozza » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:46 am

leximack wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:[mod]Received a complaint about this thread, please keep it on topic and family friendly[/mod]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
this gave me a good chuckle :lol: :lol: :lol:
I didn't realise anyone read this thread :lol:

zozza

Postby zozza » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:48 am

Back on topic,

Keep an eye out, Brown snakes are out in force.

:|

TimW

Postby TimW » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:24 am

I'm never riding again. !

Mr.NiceGuy

Postby Mr.NiceGuy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi Guys,
New to this post, went out riding on the M7 last night from Hoxton park to LG building and back and didn't see any brownies but will keep an eye out as i ran into a few last summer :?

westab

Postby westab » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:10 pm

First brown snake for the season seen this morning; not on the M7 shared path but near it in Western Sydney parklands that is between my usual exit at Quakers hill parkway and home.

The section of the parklands where I saw it is only 200m from the M7C on the other side of breakfast creek where there is a fair bit of bushland. I don't know if they cross creeks but they are around - stay alert out there.
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

MREJ

Postby MREJ » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:15 pm

Late last night: one cat, one fox and two mountain bikers with no lights. The last were most dangerous.

Hadn't been out that late before. We finished at about 10.30. A beautiful, warm night, and very little traffic. I think I'll try it again some time.
2016 S-Works Tarmac, 2014 Wabi Lightning SE, 2012 Felt F75, 2011 Genesis Equilibrium 20, ancient Avanti Pista track bike

MREJ

Postby MREJ » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:17 pm

Late last night: one cat, one fox and two mountain bikers with no lights. The last were most dangerous.

Hadn't been out that late before. We finished at about 10.30. A beautiful, warm night, and very little traffic. I think I'll try it again some time.
2016 S-Works Tarmac, 2014 Wabi Lightning SE, 2012 Felt F75, 2011 Genesis Equilibrium 20, ancient Avanti Pista track bike

Spaniel

Postby Spaniel » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:12 pm

The bloody magpie near the chook factory got me beauty - kamikaze dive into the back of my neck. Actually stunned me momentarily. He/She wasn't about on the way out, so I relaxed coming back, then kerthump! Worst hit I've ever had, and actually felt a bit concussed afterwards. I worry what it would do to one of the little kids pootling along.

Do a spare pair of sun glasses stuck to the back of the helmet work?

broker

Postby broker » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:24 pm

That particular magpie seems to be getting worse, hit my helmet 6 times today - was relentless in its attack.

As I was coming up from the bridge heading south I thought he was gone, then bang the ambush began! :shock:

Considering it's nested in a high traffic area I think its going to get much more aggressive, hope it doesn't...

Spaniel

Postby Spaniel » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:18 am

broker wrote:That particular magpie seems to be getting worse, hit my helmet 6 times today - was relentless in its attack.

As I was coming up from the bridge heading south I thought he was gone, then bang the ambush began! :shock:

Considering it's nested in a high traffic area I think its going to get much more aggressive, hope it doesn't...

Exactly, last week was just helmet taps, this week a full blooded dive into my neck! Felt like a half brick hitting me.

GH

Postby GH » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:41 pm

So, visiting for a few days at the end of the week, Wed,Thu,Fri nights, staying at Eastern Creek. Seems that M7 in general
during the day is not a wise choice, pity, I have all day Thursday free at this stage and wanted to do that one.
Is the concensus of the night riders that it would be OK to do after dark?

apsilon

Postby apsilon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:24 pm

They don't swoop after dark so a night ride should be fine.

I don't ride the section where this reported one is but I've encountered a similar one before. I've had countless ones that'll just pass by or give a light tap but the ones that full on barrel in to you are a worry. Only had it happen once but it amazes me how they survive they hit so hard. Was enough to knock me off balance combined with the distraction by the time I regathered and looked back at the trail I was headed for a large rock. Heavy brake, downhill, OTB I go. Not hurt luckily but expected to find the bird with a broken neck but no, sitting in a tree watching me.

zozza

Postby zozza » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:22 pm

apsilon wrote: sitting in a tree watching me.
lol :lol:

mocking you :P

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:25 pm

GH wrote:So, visiting for a few days at the end of the week, Wed,Thu,Fri nights, staying at Eastern Creek. Seems that M7 in general
during the day is not a wise choice, pity, I have all day Thursday free at this stage and wanted to do that one.
They are sleeping at night - so you are safe then.

It's the safest time to ride at the moment - at dusk and night.
Last edited by g-boaf on Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

westab

Postby westab » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:25 pm

GH wrote:So, visiting for a few days at the end of the week, Wed,Thu,Fri nights, staying at Eastern Creek. Seems that M7 in general
g-boaf is right night is OK but if you don't want to go at that time between 5pm and 6pm on the good weather days there seem to be more people out riding in those areas so you may be able to find some "friends" about to ride through that area. It doesn't assure that he will or won't get you but we all might be able to share the "love kisses" a little.

I was there on Friday - he is a little nutts that one.
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

GH

Postby GH » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:33 pm

Thanks guys, have good lights so might make a night ride date for Thursday and Friday evening after sunset.
A quick question, staying at the Chifley EC, is it safe to ride from there via Parramatta Rd to the M7
or should I drive to say Hoxton Park, park in a suburban street and get onto the bikeway that way?

leximack

Postby leximack » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:50 pm

GH wrote:Thanks guys, have good lights so might make a night ride date for Thursday and Friday evening after sunset.
A quick question, staying at the Chifley EC, is it safe to ride from there via Parramatta Rd to the M7
or should I drive to say Hoxton Park, park in a suburban street and get onto the bikeway that way?
if you are able to ride during the day then do so, its only 1 magpie patrolling 200m of a 40km cycleway.
From the Chifley its a short ride to the highway and then about 1-1.5km to the cycleway from there. There is a shoulder from memory but not the smoothest in the world. Just ride slowly and you will be fine, no need to drive there from eastern Creek IMO.

Spiza

Postby Spiza » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:03 pm

OMGosh I can't believe everyone is scared to death of this maggie :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just ride your bikes people :D

JeremyRiley

Postby JeremyRiley » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:26 pm

GH wrote:Thanks guys, have good lights so might make a night ride date for Thursday and Friday evening after sunset.
hello friend which lights are you using for night riding? I am looking for lights to start night ride so please help me..