BNA Welcomes Ground Effect

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

BNA Welcomes Ground Effect

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:47 am

If you don't know the New Zealand cyclewear brand Ground Effect , where have you been?
They are one of the few brands that still produces locally and this reflects on the quality. We have reviewed Ground Effect cycle wear on BNA and their turbine jacket has been a regular for me over winter.

I am really happy to now have Ground Effect on BNA as an affiliate partner which mean for new customers, a small proportion of any sale flows back to BNA.

Ground Effect also put up a good clean fight against Castelli, Rapha and Assos and although black and white doesn't dominate, the gear is well fitted and subtly styled. Where they do depart from the cycle chic of the European brands is in their mountain biking heritage which is strong for this brand and isn't surprising considering the amount of investment in MTBing in New Zealand.

And a little bit about karma, the brand run a 'slush fund' which helps out with cycling projects such as trail building and a lot of funding has been given to clubs, organisations and projects in Australia as well.

So I am recommending Ground Effect for the right reasons - click through to check out their gear and see if it is suited for your road cycling, touring, commuting or MTBing. If they send out specials I will post in the Spotted a Special section.
Cycling is in my BNA

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: BNA Welcomes Ground Effect

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:56 am

Awesome! Love their gear. My Cadence top is about four years old and looks and works as well as ever.
Just one thing... I've been a registered customer of Ground Effect for many many years, does this mean that future orders of mine won't flow back to BNA? Will the link in the box on the right do the trick?
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

clackers

Postby clackers » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:29 am

Yep, love their stuff from the merino tights to the quickdry summer jerseys. My wife rolled her eyes when I even bought some of their books

PS, Ground Effect, I do want kickbacks for those blatant product placements.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:55 pm

Mulger Bill, for exisiting customers they wont flow back.... however click through any way and at least they will notice how many great people come from BNA.
Cycling is in my BNA

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:14 pm

Bum, thanks for the follow up. Maybe time to re-sign...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:14 am

Wow... just what I have been searching for. Big fan of NZ clothing and I have a wardrobe full of jumpers and jackets made by Rodd and Gunn. Incredible quality and feel. The gear by Ground Effect looks great. Can't wait to make my first purchase.

Tornado

Postby Tornado » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:22 am

Yay.

I love the jacket i bought from them this year!

2015 Specialized Tarmac
2012 Avanti Giro3

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:49 pm

Just received my first purchase. Montezumas, 3/4 length shorts. Really well made and a great mix of 70% merino and 30% lycra. Very warm and super supportive and comfy. Think I am really going to love these. Going to buy some Geronimos next and a merino long sleeve top. Great product.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:01 pm

Thanks for sharing. We have some new Ground Effects gear coming into review and it looks like it won't be hard to please.
Cycling is in my BNA

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:41 pm

AUbicycles wrote:Thanks for sharing. We have some new Ground Effects gear coming into review and it looks like it won't be hard to please.
Yes it is great gear. I will most likely source the majority of my bike wear from Ground Effect, aside from the traditional style cycling jerseys. Love it that the gear is made in NZ and high quality.