MarkG

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby MarkG » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:25 pm

I think it's 15% of the $2500, so $375
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:23 pm

jandb wrote:I did have a look at both Cell & Bicycles Online but neither currently has a 29" dual-suspension bike avail which is what I'm after. Both have good bikes at great value though.
jandb, yes mate! Haha, yeah...we're not doing dual-suspension 29er's (yet). Thanks for looking and for the consideration though!

Good luck with your FELT! Ride safe and have fun!

-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:40 pm

Having recently taken up archery.... when you have rung to confirm that they have stock BEFORE ordering, then they discover it was an empty box, you think they would flipping contact you again before ORDERING THE PART FROM KOREA, which may take "HOPEFULLY, NO MORE THAN A WEEK OR SO" (yeah, right...)! When I asked for it to be shipped EXPRESS POST didn't you MORONS understand I needed the part NOW! :evil:

On a positive note, my order from Cell arrived today, ordered on Monday, no issues with availability or communication.
I ride, therefore I am. But don't ride into harm's way.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...

lobstermash

Postby lobstermash » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:42 pm

Ordered some arm warmers, short finger gloves and some pedals from Wiggle. One set of warmers was on backorder, so the order got held up a couple of days. Both lots were sent on the same day (separately), however the warmers turned up today. I was hoping the arrivals would be the opposite way around, as I'm sick of sweating in my winter gloves (which I went to early after my old summer gloves fell to bits mid-Autumn) :( The ironic thing is that next week I'll probably need the winter gloves again, while the last two weeks I've been sweltering. The pitfalls of ordering online, eh? Cheaper, but nothing ever quite arrives when you need it!

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:54 pm

lobstermash wrote:The pitfalls of ordering online, eh? Cheaper, but nothing ever quite arrives when you need it!
Feel your pain lobstermash. I've been waiting for over 2 months for a cowboy hat to arrive (for a party). That party was 1 month ago (sigh).
-website mgr Mark

lobstermash

Postby lobstermash » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:24 pm

If you guys had what I was after in stock I'd have been using it for over a week. Love the quick postage with Cell.

cilia3030

Postby cilia3030 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:58 pm

Online Store: ProBikeKit
Read this before placing any orders with Probikekit !!

Before I commence with my story, I bought my first bicycle item from ProBikeKit, some 2 years ago and since then have purchased many other items, until this week.
The item I purchased was a set of SRAM RED 22 Levers and Brakes. Well, this is what I thought I had purchased until I received my package early last week.I opened the package and found 'Levers' only. Now before everyone says did you read the product description before making the purchase. I did better than that, I received via email two confirmations from two different ProbikeKit staff that the item did also include Brake Calipers. Based on that information I went ahead and purchased the item.
Upon receiving the package and realising the missing Calipers, I sent Probikekit Customer Service (via there web page, as they do not advise there email address) advising them of the missing item and also rang them. This didn't do much good as the Customer Service Area had no idea and was waiting for confirmation from their warehouse. Rang again the next day, sent emails, still nothing. On the third day I received an email from the Customer Service Area requesting that I return the product back as it did not include the Calipers.

As you can imagine I was very disappointed and angry, especially when I had specifically asked not once but twice if the calipers were included. What really made me angry is that I have to wait for my refund (for the cost of the product and postage) on a issue that I was not the cause of.

My response to them was that I expect the delivery of the Calipers as per contract of sale. I am yet to receive a response. Based on how long they took just to respond to my original query I don't expect a quick resolution. I have asked for the matter to be escalated, however that is a difficult process also. Last time I use these jokers !!

The Matter remains open.....

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:12 pm

I would return the levers and shop somewhere else. PBK are always overpriced compared to everyone else.

antipodean

Postby antipodean » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:42 pm

I agree PBK are rubbish these days, high prices and slow postage. I asked a question about tires recently whether they were wire or folding, they took so long to reply I bought from Wiggle.

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:44 pm

PBK may be having a few delivery problems but still cheaper than Australia stores.

They also seem to have better stock levels.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:25 pm

ACT SC600 wrote:so I have pulled the trigger on an order from Wiggle and an order from PBK ... just waiting on Mark from Cell to get back to me regading the Carbon Prologo saddle I am looking at :D
ACT SC600 Thanks for your patience. I need to get approval from someone who has been away.

Thanks for your email and for considering us.

Have a great weekend!
-website mgr Mark

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:49 pm

jcjordan wrote:PBK may be having a few delivery problems but still cheaper than Australia stores.

Maybe cheaper than Oz shops but their prices are easily bested by Ribble, Wiggle, c r c, and Total Cycling for parts etc and by Prendas for kit.

cilia3030

Postby cilia3030 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:29 am

I just want them to honour the Contract of Sale (and confirmation) that included the Calipers. I dont understand why I should be disadvantage financially and time while I wait for a refund.
cilia3030 wrote:Online Store: ProBikeKit
Read this before placing any orders with Probikekit !!

Before I commence with my story, I bought my first bicycle item from ProBikeKit, some 2 years ago and since then have purchased many other items, until this week.
The item I purchased was a set of SRAM RED 22 Levers and Brakes. Well, this is what I thought I had purchased until I received my package early last week.I opened the package and found 'Levers' only. Now before everyone says did you read the product description before making the purchase. I did better than that, I received via email two confirmations from two different ProbikeKit staff that the item did also include Brake Calipers. Based on that information I went ahead and purchased the item.
Upon receiving the package and realising the missing Calipers, I sent Probikekit Customer Service (via there web page, as they do not advise there email address) advising them of the missing item and also rang them. This didn't do much good as the Customer Service Area had no idea and was waiting for confirmation from their warehouse. Rang again the next day, sent emails, still nothing. On the third day I received an email from the Customer Service Area requesting that I return the product back as it did not include the Calipers.

As you can imagine I was very disappointed and angry, especially when I had specifically asked not once but twice if the calipers were included. What really made me angry is that I have to wait for my refund (for the cost of the product and postage) on a issue that I was not the cause of.

My response to them was that I expect the delivery of the Calipers as per contract of sale. I am yet to receive a response. Based on how long they took just to respond to my original query I don't expect a quick resolution. I have asked for the matter to be escalated, however that is a difficult process also. Last time I use these jokers !!

The Matter remains open.....

Yankers

Postby Yankers » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:40 pm

I've been waiting for over 2 weeks for a small 'in stock' parts order from PBK - they seem very slow compared with almost everyone else. What's the story?

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:08 pm

Yankers wrote:I've been waiting for over 2 weeks for a small 'in stock' parts order from PBK - they seem very slow compared with almost everyone else. What's the story?
I stopped using them after they failed to handle a warranty claim with integrity. That said sometimes postage is slow and really two weeks is not that bad.

Andrew

Yankers

Postby Yankers » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:15 pm

Two weeks is not that bad, correct, but still hasn't arrived so it isn't going to be 2 weeks...

Marto

Postby Marto » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:52 pm

Ordered some coffee machine parts for my Gaggia classic from coffeeparts.com.au on the weekend. Arrived Tuesday morning. Huge range (including roasted and green beans), good prices, and 2 next day deliveries so far.

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:09 am

singlespeedscott wrote:
jcjordan wrote:PBK may be having a few delivery problems but still cheaper than Australia stores.

Maybe cheaper than Oz shops but their prices are easily bested by Ribble, Wiggle, c r c, and Total Cycling for parts etc and by Prendas for kit.
True but they also tend to have a better range of brands and their products.

For instance I wanted to pick up some of the new Swissstop Black Prince pads and PBK were the only stockist.

Just got my order less than 8 days from order to delivery. Considering I put the order in on a Saturday night that's not too bad

James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

jules21

Postby jules21 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:14 pm

Aushiker wrote:I stopped using them after they failed to handle a warranty claim with integrity. That said sometimes postage is slow and really two weeks is not that bad.
did they resolve that in the end?

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:14 pm

jules21 wrote: did they resolve that in the end?
No. I gave up and moved on. The lost to them has been far greater.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:23 pm

Aushiker wrote:No. I gave up and moved on. The lost to them has been far greater.
And that is why good customer service is so important - online retailers can really maximise their revenues with repeat customers and it is also about word-of-mouth.

Don't know if other see it, but the discussions thoughout the forums about different brands and retailers does reveal the health of the businesses somewhat.
Cycling is in my BNA

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:07 pm

AUbicycles wrote:And that is why good customer service is so important - online retailers can really maximise their revenues with repeat customers and it is also about word-of-mouth.

Don't know if other see it, but the discussions thoughout the forums about different brands and retailers does reveal the health of the businesses somewhat.
Truer words have never been said! Many businesses could learn a lot just from reading what all of you say here. Instead of just seeing your sales drop and wondering why, you could just look here and see what the people are saying about you!

Maybe some things are easy to change, maybe some aren't, but at least you will hear it straight from the horse's mouth, with no sugar-coated BS like you may from inside a company!
-website mgr Mark

ningnangnong

Postby ningnangnong » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:43 pm

After a good experience ordering two jerseys with PBK back in July (despite reading mixed reviews on here), I've just ordered two tyres (Rubino Pros) using the BNA discount code, leaving me with a total of $51.20. Pretty happy with that!

Will report back on how it all goes.

defy1

Postby defy1 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:04 pm

Regular customer of Cell Bikes. Usually buy stuff online that amounts to $50-$100 range, but every single time, its delivered fast, prices are competitive and product is as described. In one instance, it was a bit delayed, but was sorted out quickly. So yes I am a happy customer

ningnangnong

Postby ningnangnong » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:27 pm

ningnangnong wrote:After a good experience ordering two jerseys with PBK back in July (despite reading mixed reviews on here), I've just ordered two tyres (Rubino Pros) using the BNA discount code, leaving me with a total of $51.20. Pretty happy with that!

Will report back on how it all goes.
Dispatched three and a half hours after ordering! Good stuff.