Tool pouch?

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Tool pouch?

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:40 pm

You can do some pretty cool things with some chopped up MTB tubes and a tube of shoe goo. Carry spare batteries for one...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

JessicaAlba

Postby JessicaAlba » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Xplora wrote:Rebilda, I'm of the same opinion. After my freakin' pump jumped out of my pocket TWICE on last Saturday's ride, I'm feeling that something needs to be done, but things near kidneys is a bad idea, always. I actually put my phone on the side pocket because if is smashes I don't want the bits near my spine :shock:

BTW, you're off your tits high as a kite if spending 70 bucks for something many people use a ziplock bag for seems like a good idea. Cheaper to pay your friends to carry your tools for you... I'm SURE that a 70 dollar doodad like that is a violation of The Rules.
There was time when I would spend $70 just to get off my tits and high as a kite...but the euphoria was temporary and the come down was never very pleasant.

Now I choose to spend MY money on things of my own choosing, which bring me a different kind of euphoria...even if it is a small leather cycle tool pouch. But thanks anyway for your financial advice.

Having said that, I must mention I had not considered the possible danger to various vital organs with wearing tools so close...
Felt F2/DuraAce/FSA/DA C35s/Gatorskins

2014 Scott Addict Team Issue/DA9000/Syncros RL1.1/Zipp 404/Gatorskins

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:12 pm

We are a special breed , the cashed up road rider. Kit is pricey but that is just crazy lol if you wanted to buy the Rapha bag I reckon you could get a custom made bag.... But I think smartphones with data are too exxy too (avowed tightwad).

I like the MTb tube idea. Found a few online. Pretty schmick. Sounds like a plan. A cheap plan.

jimh

Postby jimh » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:00 pm

A 2.5 hard drive carry case would work pretty well, something like this...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hot-Sale-Por ... 940&_uhb=1

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:16 pm

JessicaAlba wrote:Having said that, I must mention I had not considered the possible danger to various vital organs with wearing tools so close...
Having seen the result of landing on a fairly small multitool in a jersey pocket (MTB stack, handspan size black and blue patch dead centre on the spine) I carry nothing harder than a tube in my pockets.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:20 pm

Mulger bill wrote:
JessicaAlba wrote:Having said that, I must mention I had not considered the possible danger to various vital organs with wearing tools so close...
Having seen the result of landing on a fairly small multitool in a jersey pocket (MTB stack, handspan size black and blue patch dead centre on the spine) I carry nothing harder than a tube in my pockets.
Playing in the mud has its problems :P

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:35 pm

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:19 pm

Xplora wrote:
Mulger bill wrote:
Playing in the mud has its problems :P
True, imagine the ouchiness of same from landing on bitumen... :shock:
London Boy 29/12/2011

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:39 pm

Debatable. No one was impressed by my scar tissue from one stack at all. Only recent comment was by Steve Hogg of all people. I am not sure I want to impress someone who has been dealing with riders for 20 years with my scars. Makes me wonder if it was a bigger deal than I thought? :roll:

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:56 pm

came across some mini portable HDD cases. Size wise i think they would just fit jersey pockets. Youd have to find the sort neoprene type, not the hardshell ones. But plenty of space for the essentials, and pretty cheap, $10-$20

i still want a rapha one though :(

carcharias

Postby carcharias » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:28 pm

I am probably off the mark, but would a frame bag be any good ? Velcro straps around fork steerer and frame top-tube. Can fit a layer inside it to protect the frame from tools/contents damaging the paintwork.
This fits tyre levers, one tube + room for a few other bits and pieces...$12

http://www.cyclingdeal.com.au/buy/venzo ... VZ-F21-036" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

carcharias

Postby carcharias » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:47 pm

A pencil case from the 2 dollar shop?....or Kmart.
Have an extensive collection of used bubble-wrap sections from postage items that always come in handy...There seems to be an abundance of nylon material money belts/pockets/pouches in opp-shops where I am at the moment.

RonK

Postby RonK » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:04 pm

This thread is 2 years old.

Perhaps the OP has found a solution by now. :wink:
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

eeksll

Postby eeksll » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:23 pm

good dig up, i was just looking for that tallac. Although I can't seem to find it anywhere available to ship to aus.

2sharp

Postby 2sharp » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:15 pm

eels try here http://tallachouse.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:45 am

for those still looking, dick smith sell these GPS cases now for $5 (RRP$25)

its big enough to easily fit your tools, tube, phone?

didnt measure it to see if it will fit into your jersey pocket, but id say it would

http://www.dicksmith.com.au/navigation- ... dsau-d6703