Clubs SOR?

StuartM

Clubs SOR?

Postby StuartM » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:52 pm

Hi Everyone.Can anybody help me with finding a club or cycling group close to Canning Vale.I haven't cycled in a group before and want to take my cycling a bit more serious now.Cheers

Sith1

Re: Clubs SOR?

Postby Sith1 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:07 am

Hello Stuart,
Give your lbs a call most will have weekend rides from beginners to advanced.
Shops have regular rides , once you gain confidence you can then move onto a Club. I can recommend Garland Cycles however they are in South Perth . Their ride goes around the river in a loop and ends back at the shop for coffee.

Rex

Postby Rex » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:16 am

BikeForce CanningVale on Warton Rd do group rides on Saturday morning.
I haven't been on them myself so I can't comment on the difficulty level, but they do a good route I believe.

stealthbike

Postby stealthbike » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:07 pm

+1 for Garland's Cycleworks in South Perth. Well organised groups that ride distances and paces suitable to all fitness/ability levels.
All groups are led by experienced riders who keep safety as the highest priority.
There is a beginners/novice group that get taught proper group riding skills and techniques. Anyone new to group riding is encouraged to ride with this group, no matter what their fitness level is. After that, it's up to you to self select into a group that's suits you. Group 1 ride at 34+km/h average, Group 2 at 32km/h, Group 3 at 30km/h, Group 4 at 28km/h, Group 5 at 25km/h and shorter distance than other groups.
First Saturday of the month is a hills ride and we usually do a western suburbs hills loop in the middle of the month, all other rides are a river loop of approx. 65km. If you want to ride a shorter route, you can return to the shop from Canning Bridge, rather than doing the canning River section, which saves about 10km.
2010 Specialized Roubaix Elite - Black
"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results" - Winston Churchill

Tornado

Postby Tornado » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:14 pm

Avanti Plus in Cannington do rides on Saturday mornings too. As above multiple groups at different speeds and distances.

http://www.avantiplus.com.au/cannington

2015 Specialized Tarmac
2012 Avanti Giro3

RossB

Postby RossB » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:56 pm

Canning Vale Cycling Group. A and B (sometimes a separate C group as well, depending on numbers etc) rolls out from Giant Cycleworld Canning Vale (near cnr Ranford & Bannister Rds) 6:30 Saturday mornings for 50k circuit. Members have other rides happening on other days of the week too.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canning ... p/members/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

StuartM

Postby StuartM » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:03 pm

Thanks everybody.All your posts were very helpful.I have called around to some shops and got some good info.Cheers once again