UK driver hits cyclist tracked by social media

Paul B

UK driver hits cyclist tracked by social media

Postby Paul B » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:02 pm

http://road.cc/content/news/93039-good- ... cyclist-he" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

find_bruce

Re: UK driver hits cyclist tracked by social media

Postby find_bruce » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:52 pm

Nice, you can run but you can't hide
Anything you can do, I can do slower

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:51 am

What a prat. Surely with the number of foreign vehicles in European countries it is a normal practice to consult with other agencies to determine the owner etc. I can't imagine the police locally not being able to locate a vehicle from interstate.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:54 am

A Prem League footballer eh?
Not the sharpest tool in the shed but a tool nonetheless.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Ross

Postby Ross » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:47 am

It's a pretty minor incident in any case, the cyclist didn't appear too injured. In Australia if you run into the back of someone then you are deemed at fault, even if someone does stop suddenly in front of you. Not sure how the law is applied in UK. Maybe the driver will be charged with leaving the scene of an accident and failing to supply contact details.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:30 pm

bychosis wrote:What a prat. Surely with the number of foreign vehicles in European countries it is a normal practice to consult with other agencies to determine the owner etc. I can't imagine the police locally not being able to locate a vehicle from interstate.
Only very recently, like in the last few months, has it been possible to send speed camera fines between European countries. Not all countries have agreed to it iirc.
Getting police to move on serious offenses is usually not too difficult in Europe, but I doubt this would have happened in this case.
Good they found him... Nothing may happen police wise... But I am sure something will happen under the " bringing the club in disrepute " ... Hopefully.
My wife chases serious criminals across borders in her work... Co-operation isn't always the best ( to say the least ) even at that level ... :-|