Cyclist Down - Ashwood

gabrielle260

Cyclist Down - Ashwood

Postby gabrielle260 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:35 pm

My In-laws told me they saw a cyclist down near the corner of Warragul Rd and High St Rd with an ambulance in attendance.
Anyone know anything about it?
I live less than 1km away and have cycling friends who also live nearby.
I hope whoever it is is ok!!!
Andrew

defy1

Re: Cyclist Down - Ashwood

Postby defy1 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:17 pm

Hope he/she is ok.
Just rode Warrigal Rd to Mornington, won't be doing that again.
Road is cramped and uneven, cars passing by felt extremely close at times, with copious amount of bogans in V8s hooning past.

macca33

Postby macca33 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:14 pm

I drove past this at around 12 o'clock - it was in the northbound lanes outside a Hungry Jacks / McDonald's or similar.

It appeared that it may have been a 4WD vs cyclist and it also appeared that the middle-aged male was conscious / breathing and being attended to by the Ambos - cannot really add to this, I'm afraid. I hope he is okay and recovering.

cheers
CAAD10 Berzerker & Focus Mares & Ridley Noah SL

racka

Postby racka » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:11 am

defy1 wrote:Hope he/she is ok.
Just rode Warrigal Rd to Mornington, won't be doing that again.
Road is cramped and uneven, cars passing by felt extremely close at times, with copious amount of bogans in V8s hooning past.
Warrigal Rd to Mornington via Beach Rd? Or down the Nepean Highway? Beach Rd to Mordialloc, then Station St to Carrum is an excellent ride. We did Mentone -> Arthurs Seat -> Red Hill -> Mentone Sunday morning and it was completely fine. Nepean Highway is to be avoided wherever possible, although I haven't had any problems with it myself. And get out earlier rather than later. If you're on the bike at 6-7am then you miss most of the traffic.