Sad cycling weekend

tuco

Sad cycling weekend

Postby tuco » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:19 am

No, no one died.

We got in 26kms Saturday morning. Wed to Fri it started raining at 5pm just when I got home so no riding. Saturday I finished at 2 so you'd think I was in with a chance, had to stop at Officeworks on the way home and would you believe to started raining while I was in the store.
Short story, no riding Saturday afternoon.
Saturday evening I went to Beyond the Darkside (Pink Floyd tribute band) and they were running late so I didn't get to bed until 12:30am so there was no way I was getting up at 5:30am for a ride. Sunday afternoon the bloody lawn needed mowing so no riding again!!!!!

I had planned on 100kms over the weekend and got in 26km.

The bureau of meteorology in hinting at a cyclone mid next week so could be more interruptions to the cycling schedule coming up.

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:35 am

Gawd, he's got more excuses than the pommy cricket commentators :D

Richard

tuco

Postby tuco » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:43 am

europa wrote:Gawd, he's got more excuses than the pommy cricket commentators :D

Richard
You're a cruel man Richard :lol:

I felt so bad about losing the riding time that I actually jumped on the trend mill last night and knocked out 20 minutes of jogging.
2 x 10 minutes sessions at 8.5km/h, not fast but I haven't run for about a year now.

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:14 pm

I'll swap you!! Planned about 100km on the weekend too.

Went out Saturday and headed south into a "fresh" south-easterly!!. Turned for home - straight into a "fresher" north-easterly!! Did 50km but it felt pretty awful.

On Sunday, it was about 37 and nasty. Spent the day watching the sport on TV (cycling, ski-racing, gravity games, anything else :D ) and managed a swim in the pool at around 7pm when it was still 35!! The pool water wasn't much cooler.

Looks like it doesn't matter where you live, the weather is always an excuse :P

Moo...

uMP2k

Postby uMP2k » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:19 pm

moosterbounce wrote:I'll swap you!! Planned about 100km on the weekend too.

Went out Saturday and headed south into a "fresh" south-easterly!!. Turned for home - straight into a "fresher" north-easterly!! Did 50km but it felt pretty awful.

On Sunday, it was about 37 and nasty. Spent the day watching the sport on TV (cycling, ski-racing, gravity games, anything else :D ) and managed a swim in the pool at around 7pm when it was still 35!! The pool water wasn't much cooler.

Looks like it doesn't matter where you live, the weather is always an excuse :P

The weather really was shocking here (Perth) on Sunday - I was almost glad I do not have a working bike at the moment so that I did not have to make any excuses for not going out in it!

Moo...

leojvs

Postby leojvs » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:12 pm

i have been ucky lately. When it looks like rain, it holds off till I get home. Hey Tuco, you up north QLD or something?
oohhhh shiny new bike parts : -)

tuco

Postby tuco » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:14 pm

leojvs wrote:i have been ucky lately. When it looks like rain, it holds off till I get home. Hey Tuco, you up north QLD or something?
Yeah, Townsville.

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:01 am

It's even continuing into the week!
At 5:57 - light rain in Canberra, so my Training Diary will read Raining - no ride. :cry:
Like Tuco and others, I had plans for Sunday that just didn't work out.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:15 am

Rain didn't stop me (and sogood) doing our big ride on Sunday. I commuted to work as per normal. Prefer dry weather to ride in, but summer rain can be tolerated.
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?