Cell Bikes

kyap

Re: Cell Bikes

Postby kyap » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:20 am

Wish to express my positive and negative feedback here. Location Stanmore.

Positive:
I bought a bike last month for the mrs and the person who served us was friendly and helpful. The bike is SS200.
Few days later went online and bought some stuffs. Great! It arrived the next day. Thumbs up for super duper fast delivery!!!

Negative:
Fast forward to a month later, the bike came up with issue with the rims after 2nd ride. I noticed the wheel is out of true. As brake applied, there was a vibration at the same place every revolution and it was vibrating badly when going downhill while braking. Mrs got a bit scared and stopped riding after.

Last Saturday, brought the bike to Cell shop told a mech about it. He told me there is nothing wrong with the rim by just looking at it, just need re-sit the pads. 3 mins is all he has to adjust and "All good". Went out and ride at the shop front. Vibration still there. Brought it back in and I was been told "That is normal". From that point onward, I got frustrated and my reply to him.. "THAT IS NOT NORMAL". He replied again "That is normal. Most of the bikes the same". Blah blah blah debating about how it behave....I got furious and told him off saying that he is wrong. Bikes do not behave like that. Then he goes on explain about the rim is true and nothing can be done within 1mm out of true or something like that. I have no knowledge about wheel truing but all I know the vibration is not normal and is only 1 month old and I want it to be fixed! The mech doesn't look happy and said he will look at it but no promises it can be fixed. Wow....to be honest, what kind of service is this?? I would assume if it cannot be fixed then it need to be replaced!

Left the bike there couple of hours. Came back pick up. Didn't see the mech. Someone brought the bike down. No report given or what went wrong but tested ride was ok. Not happy I just get out.

This is our first issue encounter and to my surprise was not satisfied with the service treated.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:58 am

Hi kyap,

Thank you for this feedback. I will present this to the owner and Senior Staff. Apologies for your experience and for your bike not being serviced to your satisfaction.

Please send me an email (mark@this link is broken) and give me a chance to make it up to you via the online store.
-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

tekapo

Postby tekapo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:53 pm

kyap wrote:Wish to express my positive and negative feedback here. Location Stanmore.

Last Saturday, brought the bike to Cell shop told a mech about it. He told me there is nothing wrong with the rim by just looking at it, just need re-sit the pads. 3 mins is all he has to adjust and "All good". Went out and ride at the shop front. Vibration still there. Brought it back in and I was been told "That is normal". From that point onward, I got frustrated and my reply to him.. "THAT IS NOT NORMAL". He replied again "That is normal. Most of the bikes the same".
Might be a loose headset instead??

None of my rims are "true", I am just not patient enough so I just get it "true" enough so it rides ok and brakes fine. The brake should be able to take account of any slight out of trueness.

nezumi

Postby nezumi » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:03 pm

Mark,

Are plans afoot to release a carbon bike with the new 11speed Ultegra mechanical groupset?

If so, will it be a race-style geo, or comfort/endurance/sportive/gran fondo/whatever the kids call it these days?
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:15 pm

Hi nezumi,

We do have one in the works (carbon bike with 11spd Mech-Ultegra).

For some sneak peeks, search for #aeroisaffordable on twitter/facebook/instagram.

Btw, I had a 2011 Merida Cyclo Cross 4, and it was my favourite roadie!

Ignoto

Postby Ignoto » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:07 am

Hi Mark,

I was just wondering if it's possible for you guys to get a bigger range of bib knicks? Specifically a bigger Castelli range. Currently there's a lot of shorts but not knicks that you guys stock!

danchez

Postby danchez » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:09 pm

+1 on the Castelli gear. Ordered some through the online store last week and now I have the itch to match my kit.

Always a pleasure dealing with Cell Bikes, I've ordered stuff online as late as 10pm and still receive it the next day.
Giant Cadex ALR1
Cannondale CAAD4 R2000
Paconi

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:44 pm

Ignoto wrote:Hi Mark,

I was just wondering if it's possible for you guys to get a bigger range of bib knicks? Specifically a bigger Castelli range. Currently there's a lot of shorts but not knicks that you guys stock!
Hi Ignoto,

mate, I'll let the purchasing mgr know! We appreciate your feedback here, as it lets us know exactly what you are after!
-website mgr Mark

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:56 pm

danchez wrote:+1 on the Castelli gear. Ordered some through the online store last week and now I have the itch to match my kit.

Always a pleasure dealing with Cell Bikes, I've ordered stuff online as late as 10pm and still receive it the next day.
Hi danchez, glad to hear you're happy with us. Just want to know that we're also here for you if we ever need to sort anything out as well.

-website mgr Mark

Ignoto

Postby Ignoto » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:32 am

CELL Bikes wrote: it lets us know exactly what you are after!
I'm not an expert on the Castelli range, but I was looking for a pair of Castelli Velocissimo which were pretty tricky to track down in Australia (and overseas stores didn't have a great deal of stock as they seem pretty popular). Perhaps a range of three could be looked at? For example, a pair at $70-80 then a pair at $100-120 (ie the Velocissimo's) and a final pair at $150+ (the Free Areo's which you currently sell).

Brands such as ASSOS and Sugoi would go down a treat as well. I've found it pretty difficult to track down either brand in Australia, it seems bike stores sell them, but don't advertise price, colour or type of stock!

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:18 pm

Hi Ignoto,

Let me see what I can do.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us mate.
-website mgr Mark

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:23 pm

Ignoto wrote:
CELL Bikes wrote: it lets us know exactly what you are after!
I'm not an expert on the Castelli range, but I was looking for a pair of Castelli Velocissimo which were pretty tricky to track down in Australia (and overseas stores didn't have a great deal of stock as they seem pretty popular). Perhaps a range of three could be looked at? For example, a pair at $70-80 then a pair at $100-120 (ie the Velocissimo's) and a final pair at $150+ (the Free Areo's which you currently sell).

Brands such as ASSOS and Sugoi would go down a treat as well. I've found it pretty difficult to track down either brand in Australia, it seems bike stores sell them, but don't advertise price, colour or type of stock!
Even if you don't stock ASSOS, the ads alone are enough...

Cheers,

Cameron

15wilsonwu

Postby 15wilsonwu » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:10 pm

Hi Cell Bikes,
Do you happen to have the Salice 006 sunglasses in store? The one in Melbourne that is.

Thanks,
Wilson
2015 BMC TimeMachine TMR02
- Ultegra 6800
- Shimano RS31

}SkOrPn--7

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:49 pm

Mark do you flog BBB Rollerboys BDP-02-11T I can't seem to find any jockey wheels on the web site?

Ricky

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:44 pm

15wilsonwu wrote:Hi Cell Bikes,
Do you happen to have the Salice 006 sunglasses in store? The one in Melbourne that is.

Thanks,
Wilson
The Melbourne Store stock is independent to the Online Store (my area), however if you want to order them online, email me (mark@this link is broken) and I'll organise Free Shipping for you mate.

-website mgr Mark

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:46 pm

}SkOrPn--7 wrote:Mark do you flog BBB Rollerboys BDP-02-11T I can't seem to find any jockey wheels on the web site?

Ricky
Hi SkOrPn,

Mate, I will speak to our New, and Quickly to become Legendary, Purchasing Manager Simon, to see what we can do.

Thanks for asking Ricky.

Ride safe mate.
-website mgr Mark

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:00 pm

Turned up today and we bought a bike, helmet and bottle cage. $700.02. No idea why the 2c was tacked on, I found it amusing. Pretty good service though. No complaints. One question though....why don't bikes come with bottle cages?

nezumi

Postby nezumi » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:28 pm

thomashouseman wrote:Turned up today and we bought a bike, helmet and bottle cage. $700.02. No idea why the 2c was tacked on, I found it amusing. Pretty good service though. No complaints. One question though....why don't bikes come with bottle cages?
Consensus: It's something the seller can then throw in for free.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=68062" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

sblack

Postby sblack » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:57 am

It seams the local Couriers Please may have got their act together. Ordered yesterday lunch time, arrived this morning.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:24 am

thomashouseman wrote:Turned up today and we bought a bike, helmet and bottle cage. $700.02. No idea why the 2c was tacked on, I found it amusing. Pretty good service though. No complaints. One question though....why don't bikes come with bottle cages?
Hi thomashouseman,

Thanks for buying a bike from us. You guys are right, a 'standard' cage and bottle should be a given. Let me speak to the other Snr Mgmt and try and get this as part of a regular 'thank you' pkg.

Regarding the 2c, if the prices do not add up, and it's a 'phantom' 2c tacked on, let me know and this will get sorted.
-website mgr Mark
Last edited by CELL Bikes on Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:28 am

sblack wrote:It seams the local Couriers Please may have got their act together. Ordered yesterday lunch time, arrived this morning.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4
Hi sblack, please let us know how you go with future orders. Our logistics mgr had a sit-down with them and really gave them an earful (with much of the feedback coming from you guys). Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences on here, we will always do our best to make things right.

-website mgr Mark

jacob_T

Postby jacob_T » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:47 am

I put in a web order for a few bits and pieces via my phone yesterday,
Went through the checkout and processed, however when I got the order email I had been charged an extra $10 for shipping.

I understand that shipping is an additional cost that the buyer has to pay, and am happy to do so, but it did not show up on the order review, or checkout when I processed at all... and this shouldn't be the case.

All in all, I think Cell bikes has great service, but this is a bit strange and annoying.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:43 am

jacob_T,

Thanks for the feedback. Please send me an email (mark@this link is broken) and I will remove your shipping (if it hasn't already been sent). If your order has been sent, a $10 voucher will be organised for you. Your experience has been shown to the owner and our Tech-Team. We will improve this as soon as we can.
-website mgr Mark

Richo82

Postby Richo82 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:07 pm

The most frustrating thing for me is when I want to support a local company that has realistic online pricing, and then the stock levels are cactus.

Tried both online and your Melbourne store, was actually surprised when the physical store had more sizes than the online!

I still don't fit into a Small or Medium, any idea on when/if further stock will be available???

http://www.this link is broken/Castelli-Fr ... gory=37911" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jacob_T

Postby jacob_T » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:52 pm

Just wanted to say Mark was really helpful with my postage issue.

Great example of an Australian company doing things well!