Bike Gallery

rabobank89

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby rabobank89 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:52 pm

Dai wrote:Hi all,

Apologies for breaking every rule of bike photography, but I just picked this up today and was too excited to wait to take a proper photo...

I've had the frame for a few months, but only recently acquired the last of the components.
Yes.... 8)

hitchhiker

Postby hitchhiker » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:53 pm

Dan wrote:More bike shots. Clearly not a photographer ;)
So that's where all the Concors are going!

Nice bikes too

Dan

Postby Dan » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:06 pm

Hahahah there's a spare one or two in the shed, too. ;)

Dan

Postby Dan » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:12 pm

Apologies for breaking every rule of bike photography, but I just picked this up today and was too excited to wait to take a proper photo...

I've had the frame for a few months, but only recently acquired the last of the components.
Very nice. That's the kind of build which tempts me to start collecting parts...

Dai

Postby Dai » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:20 pm

It actually wasn't quite as expensive as it looks. The frame is last years model, bought from Chain Reaction for $1400.

I sold my old road bike for $1000, after that. It was around $2000 for all the bits acquired over the space of 3-4 months. The groupset is a mixture of dura ace and ultegra to save money, the wheels were about $350 and the big extravagance was the Ti seatpost which was $200 or so.

I took it out for a spin this morning and it really is beautiful to ride. It's just as stiff as my old carbon bike, but it just devours rougher road surfaces. I decided to go for a Ti frame after my carbon road frame randomly cracked and Cannondale refused to warranty it. I know Ti isn't immune from this, but at least Lynskey have a reputation for standing by their warranty.

Hergest

Postby Hergest » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:50 pm

Beautiful. I've had a Lynskey R230 since earlier this year and have been loving it. I'm tempted by the new Ti seatposts too as mine's just the plain old black one.
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:13 am

rabobank89 wrote:

Yes.... 8)
Beautifull rendition of a classic Ti bike. Juggling as to whether the next bike is carbon or Ti - I am sure Ti will win

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:46 am

Most of the Ti Frame I have seen uses Carbon Fork. Is it because Ti fork is not looking good?

Dan

Postby Dan » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:18 am

rheicel wrote:Most of the Ti Frame I have seen uses Carbon Fork. Is it because Ti fork is not looking good?
I have absolutely no experience nor expertise in this realm, but my guess is it may have something to do with the titanium welding process and how the fork would be physically constructed?

rkelsen

Postby rkelsen » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:14 am

rheicel wrote:Most of the Ti Frame I have seen uses Carbon Fork. Is it because Ti fork is not looking good?
You can buy Ti forks, and they can be made to look as good as (or nicer than) a steel fork.

They're not as stiff as a good carbon fork, and more expensive.

Parker

Postby Parker » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:21 am

It's new, it's mine, I bought it cause it was Pink*, Moosterbounce is threatening not to ride with me anymore because it's a a G G G Giant... her name is Betsy!

It's ELEVENSPEED and did I mention? PINK!!!

*Yes, I do triathlon, I'm not THAT silly

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Parker wrote:Image

It's new, it's mine, I bought it cause it was Pink*, Moosterbounce is threatening not to ride with me anymore because it's a a G G G Giant... her name is Betsy!

Needs more pink. :D

Parker

Postby Parker » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:38 pm

Summernight wrote:

Needs more pink. :D
WIll have some new wheels coming before Mandurah IM.... there's gonna be some pimping of the pink :)

Carrots

Postby Carrots » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:41 pm

Nice! Nothing wrong with pink or Giant! (in moderation!)

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:47 pm

Parker wrote:WIll have some new wheels coming before Mandurah IM.... there's gonna be some pimping of the pink :)
This may be my only ever opportunity to sell my Spinergy, if you're interested Parker ;)

Parker

Postby Parker » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:52 pm

Okay, that's wicked... I love those spokes!!! Not a deep enough wheel, I'm looking at 88mm...

Parker

Postby Parker » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:55 pm

Carrots wrote:
Parker wrote:

Giant seems to have really paid attention to it's women's line this year, compared to previous years, the women's Propel that's available is matt black and purple, I love it... and seriously, I was a well known anti-Giant card carrying member for some time, then they considered their colour choices!!!

Carrots

Postby Carrots » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:09 pm

I'd be happy to buy a Giant Propel with some pink bits... Why? Just because! Just bought one and got the frame swapped out to the all black mechanical version as the blue and black looks poo! Think the other half though may send me off to a pysch though! LOL

Parker

Postby Parker » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:15 pm

Carrots wrote:I'd be happy to buy a Giant Propel with some pink bits... Why? Just because! Just bought one and got the frame swapped out to the all black mechanical version as the blue and black looks poo! Think the other half though may send me off to a pysch though! LOL
I'm okay with the blue black, but matt black is just that little bit extra special!!!

Carrots

Postby Carrots » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:24 pm

Ditto! Spesh! Pic is a few pages back.

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:59 pm

Parker wrote:
Carrots wrote:
Parker wrote:

Giant seems to have really paid attention to it's women's line this year, compared to previous years, the women's Propel that's available is matt black and purple, I love it... and seriously, I was a well known anti-Giant card carrying member for some time, then they considered their colour choices!!!
So I'm the president of the anti-pink-on-girls-bikes club. Giant have pushed me further away by their stereotyped colour choices :twisted: I'll have to make do with my Time.

I'm surprised you don't want the Spinergy's as training wheels!!

When I'm allowed to ride again, I may not ride with you as your bike will clash with the embarressed red on my face :D
C'mon folks, post up other pics so this one gets moved to an old page!!

Parker

Postby Parker » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:01 pm

moosterbounce wrote:
Parker wrote:
Carrots wrote:
So I'm the president of the anti-pink-on-girls-bikes club. Giant have pushed me further away by their stereotyped colour choices :twisted: I'll have to make do with my Time.

I'm surprised you don't want the Spinergy's as training wheels!!

When I'm allowed to ride again, I may not ride with you as your bike will clash with the embarressed red on my face :D
C'mon folks, post up other pics so this one gets moved to an old page!!
Yeah c'mon Moo, build up the Time!!! So then we can go arghhhhh and shine in the light of its awesomeness

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:33 pm

Parker wrote: Yeah c'mon Moo, build up the Time!!! So then we can go arghhhhh and shine in the light of its awesomeness
If I can develop rehab patience, you can develop patience with my bike build!!

I might sell the TV and put the frame in it's place for people to stare at ;)

ParkertR

Postby ParkertR » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:09 pm

Thats a beautiful bike :)

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Free bump for Moos mortification :twisted:
Parker wrote: Image

...it's a a G G G Giant... her name is Betsy!
:shock: Never in a thousand years thought you'd join that club Row. :D
Always thought the Trinity was one of the less revolting looking TT bikes out there, the pink works very well.
Have a ball mate.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011