Thanks for the help!

geoff87

Thanks for the help!

Postby geoff87 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:02 am

Just wanted to say thanks to the two gentlemen who helped me with my puncture this morning.

To the guy in blue kit riding a Specialized- thanks again for giving me your spare tube.

To the guy in the black Attaquer kit riding a Giant - thanks again for lending me your hand-pump.

I will endeavor to help others when I'm out on the road.

Cheers,

Geoff

ball bearing

Re: Thanks for the help!

Postby ball bearing » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:08 am

geoff87 wrote:
I will endeavor to help others when I'm out on the road.

Cheers,

Geoff
Cyclists ae generally a pretty good lot. Time for you to carry some tool, a pump and a spare tube. You never know when you might need to help out a fellow cyclist - or even repair your own bike.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:13 am

I would suggest carrying a puncture repair kit or pre-glued patches as well. I punctured a few weeks ago and both my spare tubes had holes in them. Admittedly, I hadn't punctured in over 15,000km so the spare tubes had likely degraded. A passing cyclist kindly gave me a pre-glued patch. Now I carry a pack of pre-glued patches as well. :lol:

rebilda

Postby rebilda » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:15 am

I have volenteered my tubes, CO2 cannisters, pump etc when I've been on the road. I have also had to rely on peoples help when I have exhausted my supply.

It would be advisable to carry the stuff you need in the event of a flat though. A pump or CO2 kit, some levers and a spare tube are a must when on the road.
My Garage = Restored Paino - the "Fixie" - Giant Trance X2 - Azzurri Forza Pro Di2 - GT Avalanche 1 & 2

geoff87

Postby geoff87 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:45 am

Yeap!

I always carry one...just forgot I ran out. Felt the pain this morning.

Just went down to CBD bike shop and got a tube! :)