The BNA SEQ Weekend Warriors

CaptainSlow

Re: The BNA SEQ Weekend Warriors

Postby CaptainSlow » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:01 pm

I'm keen for a Binna Burra trek, need to make amends for a massive (broken spoke induced) fail on Friday.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4

albertgaleano

Postby albertgaleano » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:25 am

Keen to give Binna Burra ride a go, just need a bit of time to get another "all day pass" :lol:

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:29 am

albertgaleano wrote:Keen to give Binna Burra ride a go, just need a bit of time to get another "all day pass" :lol:
Ditto.

winstonw

Postby winstonw » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:23 am

Would any of you guys be interested in an overnighter? SmithStreet (new to BNA) and I rode up to Kin Kin a few weeks ago and stayed at the pub, then rode back. We're planning another ride in GC and NSW hinterland currently, where we've ridden a lot. Mightn't do it for at least 4-6 weeks. It'd be around 400km, and possibly include Binna Burra, Tambo, Springbrook, Tyalgum, and possibly Nightcap National Park, Mullumbimby, Channon, Federal, Mullumbimby. We'd stay at a pub, possibly Tyalgum. Luke knows me.

We've been discussing how light we could travel. For the Kin Kin trip, we both took day packs weighing no more than 3kg, which would probably be a lot hotter on the back in summer. THe goal is to carry a small bum bag or a bigger saddle bag and nothing else.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:45 am

I might be keen.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:39 pm

winstonw wrote:Would any of you guys be interested in an overnighter? SmithStreet (new to BNA) and I rode up to Kin Kin a few weeks ago and stayed at the pub, then rode back. We're planning another ride in GC and NSW hinterland currently, where we've ridden a lot. Mightn't do it for at least 4-6 weeks. It'd be around 400km, and possibly include Binna Burra, Tambo, Springbrook, Tyalgum, and possibly Nightcap National Park, Mullumbimby, Channon, Federal, Mullumbimby. We'd stay at a pub, possibly Tyalgum. Luke knows me.

We've been discussing how light we could travel. For the Kin Kin trip, we both took day packs weighing no more than 3kg, which would probably be a lot hotter on the back in summer. THe goal is to carry a small bum bag or a bigger saddle bag and nothing else.
Would so love to do this.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:17 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:
winstonw wrote:Would any of you guys be interested in an overnighter? SmithStreet (new to BNA) and I rode up to Kin Kin a few weeks ago and stayed at the pub, then rode back. We're planning another ride in GC and NSW hinterland currently, where we've ridden a lot. Mightn't do it for at least 4-6 weeks. It'd be around 400km, and possibly include Binna Burra, Tambo, Springbrook, Tyalgum, and possibly Nightcap National Park, Mullumbimby, Channon, Federal, Mullumbimby. We'd stay at a pub, possibly Tyalgum. Luke knows me.

Would so love to do this.
+1, sucks I work on Saturdays :( .
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

winstonw

Postby winstonw » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:14 pm

will post here how we're going with a date. I'm slow on hills, SS is quite fast...regular rendezvous points is how it usually goes, so don't feel you'll hold anyone up, or be held up unnecessarily.

Smithstreet

Postby Smithstreet » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:55 pm

Hey Guys,
winstonw and I, and maybe a couple of others are doing this ride on Saturday leaving Nundah at 5.00am. I realise it's late notice but if anyone isn't racing at Lakeside or you're just looking for a reasonable day on the bike, then this will give you that.
We're leaving from the corner of Bage and Buckland Sts at 5.
Take a look at the route and if you want to meet along the way then post here and tell us what kit you'll have on and we'll keep an eye out. Or pm me to swap phone no's etc.

http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course. ... rse=596921" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Usual spares, plenty of fluid, phone, cash, you know the drill. Fernvale has a very good bakery and we WILL be stopping at it at the turn around.
Hope you can join us.

SS

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:58 pm

Looks like a hell of a ride. I love that out of nowhere crest in the middle of the Mt Glorious turn off/Fernvale :P

Smithstreet

Postby Smithstreet » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:03 am

Lukeyboy wrote:Looks like a hell of a ride. I love that out of nowhere crest in the middle of the Mt Glorious turn off/Fernvale :P
Yeah, Splityard Creek climb.
On a hot day as you're grinding up it, you can feel the vultures circling above you ready to pounce!

winstonw

Postby winstonw » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:13 am

slingshot country I'd say. Of course, there's always the easy way around via Mt Crosby if you don't feel like taking on Glorious backside. And let's keep Mailmans as an option on the way back, esp if it heats up. I don't buy that 2388m for a moment. bet it's over 3200.

are you using your Racing 3's SS!? :)

good luck in the QPS crit Luke. should be some pretty fit lads amongst them.

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:05 am

:shock: On Grand Final day!?

Pass :)

singlespeedscott

The BNA SEQ Weekend Warriors

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:48 am

Crawf wrote::shock: On Grand Final day!?

Most qld'ers don't do AFL.

Real men play League or Union in this state. :P

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:56 am

*Points finger* dont you start :)

Smithstreet

Postby Smithstreet » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:03 pm

Crawf wrote::shock: On Grand Final day!?

Didn't even know it was on. Who's playing?

The peptide appreciation society?
Very timely actually. I just saw a report on Sky News about some players in the 'count to six and get rid of it game', regarding elevated HGH levels in some of their players!!
SOME players? Are the public really that stupid?

Anyway, as you've probably guessed, I'm not a fan of any of the codes played here, I'm disillusioned enough over cyclings' woes, so I'd rather go and ride my bike... a long way!

8)

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:55 pm

Smithstreet wrote:Didn't even know it was on. Who's playing?
GO THE WALLABIES! It's going to be tough between them and the Rabbits but hopefully they'll have a thrilling game at the MCG. I hear David Warner is opening.

winstonw

Postby winstonw » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:22 pm

One advantage of grand final weekends is there's less bogans on the road. :)

Am a bit freyed tonight SS. The thought occurred to me to drive to Mailala Teahouse and join you there ;P
But that would be sooky...so the gun at 5.
Sunday's definitely going to be another flatty for a fatty.

winstonw

Postby winstonw » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:00 am

I bailed on the Fernvale ride due to radar at 430am....and feeling crap.
Phil and Mark are at Mailala Teahouse, and its wet, cold, and windy, so presume they're going to turn around.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:42 am

Riding back home after racing today looking at the mountains in the distance and they were all blue and had that cold rainy look about them. Thank god I'm not up there with my !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! aero brakes :P

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:55 am

Lukeyboy wrote:superfantastic aero brakes :P
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd probably use a different term. but that'll do :mrgreen:

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:03 pm

Sort of glad I hurt my ankle and knee on yesterday's run. I don't think mt Mee would of been much fun in the rain this morning.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:04 pm

Ah yes the word sensor haha. For those that don't know the aero v brakes on the propels are just a shocker when it comes to damp/wet conditions on a flat crit circuit let alone going down 12% grades :P

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:06 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:Ah yes the word sensor haha. For those that don't know the aero v brakes on the propels are just a shocker when it comes to damp/wet conditions on a flat crit circuit let alone going down 12% grades :P
Have you tried different pads? Kool Stop Salmon pads are the shizzel in the wet.

Smithstreet

Postby Smithstreet » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:22 pm

We perservered with the early storm and missed most of it. The Pei Rd was actually quite dry but it started to rain before we got to the shop at Glorious, so after a coffee, then another coffee, we headed back. Wouldn't have liked to go down the other side on wet tarmac!!
Only got 82k and 1600mts in so feel a bit 'ripped off'! Might have to make up for it in the morning.

I think Mark was more upset about missing the Fernvale bakery!! :shock: