Spotted a special - Post it in here!

alexander

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby alexander » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:53 pm

T7 has free shipping on all items over $50, finishes on the 26/9/13 4pm.
If you've got a $10 head, get a $10 helmet

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:57 pm

if your credit card hates you at the moment, DO NOT look at the latest c r c offer.

boss

Postby boss » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:00 pm

jasonc wrote:if your credit card hates you at the moment, DO NOT look at the latest c r c offer.
What's the special? I used the auto-$30 off orders over $250 yesterday, but that appears to have gone (or they've flagged me as already used up that promo with a cookie)

petal665

Postby petal665 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:38 pm

Just 10 % off Shimano. Nothing exciting.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:41 pm

petal665 wrote:Just 10 % off Shimano. Nothing exciting.
10% off existing prices of shimano

e.g. ultegra 6700 cassettes for less than $50

dafidav

Postby dafidav » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:29 pm

Anyone know of specials on Garmin 510 bundle?

ball bearing

Postby ball bearing » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:38 pm

dafidav wrote:Anyone know of specials on Garmin 510 bundle?
http://www.highlytunedathletes.com.au/G ... undle.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: whoops. It's the 500.

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:04 pm

Baalzamon wrote:
Ross wrote:Lance Armstrong's book It's Not About The Bike is $20 at K-Mart.
That is not cheap.
Bookdepository.co.uk has that for $13.21 http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/97 ... t-the-Bike And free shipping, you just need to wait 9 or so days.
Still not cheap. They should pay us if we buy that book (just kidding!)

Cheesewheel

Postby Cheesewheel » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:41 pm

Was hanging out for frs products to suddenly become dirt cheap

It never happened (sob)

(although they do have an anniversary sale on at the moment http://www.frs.com/shop/healthy-energy.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
Go!Run!GAH!

Fitzroy

Postby Fitzroy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:16 pm

Fitzroy wrote:I don't need a pair of the bib-short but I need to try Assos at some point. I went to see other website prices to see if they are worth a punt at the T7 price. Then at Wiggle I noticed the price match option! I've requested a Price match to see if I can get a further 10% off the torpedo7 price! If they have your size at T7 ping wiggle a price match email and see what happens.
UPDATE - Pi55 poor effort from Wiggle.

I sent an email with all the required detail, containing all the required information, it even included a screen shot of my Torpedo7 basket with the Large Black knicks. I checked Wiggle to confirm stock and they had 4 pairs of Large Black in stock when I sent my Price Match request.

Recieved an email from Wiggle querying what product I wanted to price match! reitterated my requirements.

Then received this,
Wiggle wrote:Thank you for your email.

We do have a price match policy, the product must be for like for like including size and colour that both Wiggle and the competitor have in stock ready to despatch. Delivery charges will be included in the competitor price comparison. Price match offers may not be used in conjunction with any other Wiggle offers and discounts.

Unfortunately, we cannot price match on this occasion as we do not have the item in stock in the required size and colour.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards
I told them that was unacceptable given they had stock when I requested the Price Match. Response from Wiggle.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for this issue once again. I can understand your frustration I truly can, but unfortunately the requested size and colour option have now sold out. Unfortunately as we have no further stock of this option, we are unable to offer a price match for you.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for this issue and for any inconvenience that this may have caused.
I think they pulled the stock to not make a loss on their $190 price. The other major UK retailers will now be getting my preference regardless of price.

Mods please move to Online grips if required, wanted to follow up here first.

joomz

Postby joomz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:55 am

Clif bars, $16.24 for 12
http://www.probikekit.com.au/sports-nut ... 65918.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's $1.50/g of carb, and a bit of good protein and electrolytes thrown into the mix for good measure

spirro

Postby spirro » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:38 am

99Bikes has a Spring Clearance

http://99bikes.com.au/all/spring-cleara ... -220929785" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Focus Cayo Evo 2.0 2014

boss

Postby boss » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:23 am

Fitzroy wrote:
Fitzroy wrote:I don't need a pair of the bib-short but I need to try Assos at some point. I went to see other website prices to see if they are worth a punt at the T7 price. Then at Wiggle I noticed the price match option! I've requested a Price match to see if I can get a further 10% off the torpedo7 price! If they have your size at T7 ping wiggle a price match email and see what happens.

I sent an email with all the required detail, containing all the required information, it even included a screen shot of my Torpedo7 basket with the Large Black knicks. I checked Wiggle to confirm stock and they had 4 pairs of Large Black in stock when I sent my Price Match request.

Recieved an email from Wiggle querying what product I wanted to price match! reitterated my requirements.

Then received this,

We do have a price match policy, the product must be for like for like including size and colour that both Wiggle and the competitor have in stock ready to despatch. Delivery charges will be included in the competitor price comparison. Price match offers may not be used in conjunction with any other Wiggle offers and discounts.

Unfortunately, we cannot price match on this occasion as we do not have the item in stock in the required size and colour.

Regards
I told them that was unacceptable given they had stock when I requested the Price Match. Response from Wiggle.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for this issue once again. I can understand your frustration I truly can, but unfortunately the requested size and colour option have now sold out. Unfortunately as we have no further stock of this option, we are unable to offer a price match for you.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for this issue and for any inconvenience that this may have caused.
I think they pulled the stock to not make a loss on their $190 price. The other major UK retailers will now be getting my preference regardless of price.

I can understand why you might be disappointed with Wiggle. I do think you're being cynical though, but maybe you're right. It'd be my view that Wiggle wouldn't be bothered saying a product is out of stock to save maybe a loss of maybe a couple thousand dollars. As in, I doubt they carry a lot of ASSOS inventory at any point in time, so they're not going to lose much if they make a loss on a fair proportion of their inventory.

And a business as big as Wiggle... They'd be more interested in moving the stock and getting the cash flow back rather than the profit p/item anyway.

But having said that - and assuming you are right - shifting your preferences based on this incident? I mean, come on, expecting them to pricematch (and 10% further off) when the pricematch is against a firesale (T7 bought all that stock from the Aus ex-distro)... I mean, judging by all the exclamation points and "see how you go" in your OP... you knew that was a cheeky request!

But seriously, Wiggle are running out of stock or have limited stock of stuff all the time. Right now I need a pair of gloves. It feels like I'm banging my head against a wall. All the good, cheap, plain black gloves are sold out in medium and large. And that's typical. So it's not unlikely they plum sold out of your preferred size/colour bibshorts...

alexander

Postby alexander » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:33 pm

boss wrote:
Fitzroy wrote:

Then received this,

Regards

I can understand why you might be disappointed with Wiggle. I do think you're being cynical though, but maybe you're right. It'd be my view that Wiggle wouldn't be bothered saying a product is out of stock to save maybe a loss of maybe a couple thousand dollars. As in, I doubt they carry a lot of ASSOS inventory at any point in time, so they're not going to lose much if they make a loss on a fair proportion of their inventory.

And a business as big as Wiggle... They'd be more interested in moving the stock and getting the cash flow back rather than the profit p/item anyway.

But having said that - and assuming you are right - shifting your preferences based on this incident? I mean, come on, expecting them to pricematch (and 10% further off) when the pricematch is against a firesale (T7 bought all that stock from the Aus ex-distro)... I mean, judging by all the exclamation points and "see how you go" in your OP... you knew that was a cheeky request!

But seriously, Wiggle are running out of stock or have limited stock of stuff all the time. Right now I need a pair of gloves. It feels like I'm banging my head against a wall. All the good, cheap, plain black gloves are sold out in medium and large. And that's typical. So it's not unlikely they plum sold out of your preferred size/colour bibshorts...

If you're suspecting them of removing stock so they don't have to honor price matches, I guess you could see if they did it again on another items. Take a screen grab of how much was in stock for all the items, then ask them for price checks on those multiple items, see if the the stock then becomes "unavailable".

You'd have pretty good evidence that shows that it's more than coincidence that multiple items all of which you queried for price match are now all out of stock?

A lot of web stores do this so they don't have to honor price matching. I should know, I used to work in the sports ragtrade and our ecommerce sites were fantastic at modifying stock levels.
If you've got a $10 head, get a $10 helmet

Fitzroy

Postby Fitzroy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:46 pm

boss wrote:But having said that - and assuming you are right - shifting your preferences based on this incident? I mean, come on, expecting them to pricematch (and 10% further off) when the pricematch is against a firesale (T7 bought all that stock from the Aus ex-distro)... I mean, judging by all the exclamation points and "see how you go" in your OP... you knew that was a cheeky request!
Not really cheeky, they spell out the T&C's not me. I sent a ligitimate price match request, them not honouring it is cheeky (as shown below from alexander, it does happen). I'll keep my eye on their ASSOS stock levels.
alexander wrote:A lot of web stores do this so they don't have to honor price matching. I should know, I used to work in the sports ragtrade and our ecommerce sites were fantastic at modifying stock levels.
:wink:

Tried again with a set of speedplay zero pedals. $137 from Ribble with free shipping and BRIT10 10% off code. Wiggle offer to price match at the same price as Ribble? I've responded asking where the beat by 10% has gone? Another delay tactic until they tell me they are out of stock! Keep you posted.

redsonic

Postby redsonic » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Fitzroy wrote:
boss wrote:But having said that - and assuming you are right - shifting your preferences based on this incident? I mean, come on, expecting them to pricematch (and 10% further off) when the pricematch is against a firesale (T7 bought all that stock from the Aus ex-distro)... I mean, judging by all the exclamation points and "see how you go" in your OP... you knew that was a cheeky request!
Not really cheeky, they spell out the T&C's not me. I sent a ligitimate price match request, them not honouring it is cheeky (as shown below from alexander, it does happen). I'll keep my eye on their ASSOS stock levels.
alexander wrote:A lot of web stores do this so they don't have to honor price matching. I should know, I used to work in the sports ragtrade and our ecommerce sites were fantastic at modifying stock levels.

Tried again with a set of speedplay zero pedals. $137 from Ribble with free shipping and BRIT10 10% off code. Wiggle offer to price match at the same price as Ribble? I've responded asking where the beat by 10% has gone? Another delay tactic until they tell me they are out of stock! Keep you posted.
There's more about the Wiggle wiggleout in the online purchasing thread. Methinks I detect a pattern here....

Fitzroy

Postby Fitzroy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:17 pm

redsonic wrote:
Fitzroy wrote:

There's more about the Wiggle wiggleout in the online purchasing thread. Methinks I detect a pattern here....
BINGO! Speedplay Zero Stainless pedals for $123.62 from Wiggle.

After much back and forth and explaining their own price match policy to them they honoured the price match minus 10%! Happy Days (finally) :D

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:14 pm

On the Wiggle price match - I received the promotion of price match and beating by 10%.

Here are the Wiggle Price Match Details for Australians.

They say T&Cs apply - but if it works for you, then great.
Cycling is in my BNA

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:22 pm

ProBikeKit are doing two:

$10 off $80 with code: 10US80
(or £10 off £60 with 10UK60)

and 15% off $200 with code 15OFFUS
(or 15% off £150 with UK15OFF)

These go until Oct. 1 and as a note, there is an ongoing BNA exclusive discount of 10% off with code ABN10
Cycling is in my BNA

plasmapuff

Postby plasmapuff » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:20 am

Used a 15% off code to get a full Ultegra 6800 Compact groupset for $705 shipped from PBK :) Win!

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:13 pm

bugger. doesn't work on the Di2 upgrade kit

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:28 pm

GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition $348 Delivered (AT) DSE (dick smith electronics)

http://www.dicksmith.com.au/camcorders/ ... sau-xg4196" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I looked at one of these not long ago and it was around $500 so thought it might be worth sharing this price.
Surly Ogre, Extrawheel trailer.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:38 am

http://www.cyclingexpress.com/?lang=en& ... ront-Light" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lezyne Super Drive XL Front Light $72.99

petal665

Postby petal665 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:56 am

rifraf wrote:GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition $348 Delivered (AT) DSE (dick smith electronics)

http://www.dicksmith.com.au/camcorders/ ... sau-xg4196" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Seems to have been 'fixed' to $438, typo?

Jonno

Postby Jonno » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:34 am

jasonc wrote:http://www.cyclingexpress.com/?lang=en& ... ront-Light

Lezyne Super Drive XL Front Light $72.99
Maybe sold out now?