Moron Motorists #3

Ignoto

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby Ignoto » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:09 pm

jules21 wrote: i'd tend to agree. but it's unclear where this claim stems from (it's not on video) and my focus was on the driver's initial reaction - which is what led to the situation spiraling out of control. it's conceivable that the driver bumped the first rider after being distracted - we'll never know for certain.
The problem with the video as you said is what happened before hand. More importantly, I find the strangest thing of the video edit is it's abrupt ending. It doesn't go past the smashing of the window where we know exactly what happened i.e. the bashing of the driver. Seems odd that the most relevant parts of this whole incident are conveniently left out by the video uploader?

While you do mention you can't simply point to previous behaviours of this group to get a motivate, it certainly paints a picture of hooliganism and dangerous driving on multiple occasions. I'd be happy to side with the motorcyclists that the range rover diver acted improperly, but with all factors in mind there's more "blood" on the bike riders hands than the range rover.

arkle

Postby arkle » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:22 pm

There's a whole heap of videos here of the same bikers on the day they attacked the Range Rover, doing all sorts of stupid stuff

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3cd_1380579664" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

including one where they surround and menace another car driver (1m15s)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=81e_1380656714" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

arkle
http://www.facebook.com/SteveHargreavesArtwork
instagram: @stevehargreavesartwork

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:35 pm

No problems with that. Its a Prius driver :P

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:40 pm

g-boaf wrote:However, I'd be just as much inclined to support the motorbike riders if it turned out the car driver had intended from the word go to attack the motorbike riders and they were simply defending themselves.
Just a point of clarification - chasing a 4WD at speed for 2.5 miles along freeways and city streets, then dragging the driver out of the car, beating him and knifing him...... is not defending yourself :roll: :roll:
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:57 pm

jules21 wrote:
FuzzyDropbear wrote:I would argue that it's the people that started slashing tyres etc. that caused the reaction to floor it and got the guy run over.
i'd tend to agree. but it's unclear where this claim stems from (it's not on video) and my focus was on the driver's initial reaction - which is what led to the situation spiraling out of control.
I'd agree, it's not on the video. but as I stated earlier, as the police have made this statement, I am presuming they havce some pretty direct evidence that this did occur. Unless you're suggesting that, while hubby was lying onconscious on the road, his wife got out the stanley knife and a few spanners to trash their vehicle and draw guilt away ??
Mandatory helmet law?

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:28 pm

il padrone wrote:I'd agree, it's not on the video. but as I stated earlier, as the police have made this statement, I am presuming they havce some pretty direct evidence that this did occur. Unless you're suggesting that, while hubby was lying onconscious on the road, his wife got out the stanley knife and a few spanners to trash their vehicle and draw guilt away ??
it's obviously possible they have evidence which they haven't shared with the public, but i'd say that we're at an impasse when you're citing a presumption that the police wouldn't misrepresent facts to counter my suspicion that they may be misrepresenting the facts :)

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:33 pm

Oh, I'd agree it's only a presumption. But the evidence would clearly be the driver's vehicle condition (which I'd expect they will have photographed at the scene). I doubt they see this as something essential to "share" with the public at present. And they're going to be looking pretty foolish if the injured motorcyclist and family press for charges and there was no evidence to prove a deep fear for life on the driver's part.
Last edited by il padrone on Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mandatory helmet law?

skull

Postby skull » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:35 pm

There is a video were you can see the riders surrond the vehicle after the initial contact. You can make out the riders damaging the car.

There was also a shot online of the driver unconscious face down in the middle of the road with a biker standing over him.

These have been pulled from the site I saw them on.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:39 pm

i probably overdo the analogies, but when i was a kid my little bro tried to steal a cup of milk from my hands. i chucked it all over him. when he complained to mum, she said "you shouldn't have tried to take it from him." she was right, but i still showered him with milk :)

i learned then that it is possible to take advantage of being a victim. whether the driver was being devious in his initial bump is unclear, but if i was the cop - i'd be asking some harder questions.

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:49 pm

The initial bump by the 4WD is almost immaterial. From the video it is very clear that the moto-rider set it up, riding slowly right in front of the car then brake-checking him. He's a fool and got what he wanted.

What is really crucial, and will no doubt come out, is exactly what happened when the bikers surronded the stopped car, before the driver floored it. None of that is clear on the video I have seen, and I'm not sure how some people can make the statement "the bumped rider did not fall off..... was walking back to his bike..... after that riders began slashing tyres". None of that can be clearly discerned. Witness statements and the condition of the car at the final assault will be the evidence for this.
Mandatory helmet law?

human909

Postby human909 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:12 pm

The guy that was run over apparently will never walk again. :cry:

arkle

Postby arkle » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:43 pm

We should hold a similar annual ride around the city centre on our bicycles.

arkle
http://www.facebook.com/SteveHargreavesArtwork
instagram: @stevehargreavesartwork

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:12 pm

Its called alleycat races :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alleycat_race" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:08 pm

Until we, and more importantly, the police see the raw video from one minute before the first interaction between the motos and the bullybus to end of reel then we really are riding along here...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Tomca74

Postby Tomca74 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:02 am

On my commute at 6 this morning a Wesley Mission car shaved me at the Rocklea Hotel, striking me with her mirror. She then drove beside me screaming "you f.....ng wan.er get off the road before you get f...ing run over f...wit"
Reg 074SHH Read the uniting churches mission statement, its clear she isn't embracing it.
Company has been made aware. See where it goes now

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:04 am

contact police. contact was made.

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:06 am

jasonc wrote:contact police. contact was made.
+1

Don't muck arond with corporate consultation.
Mandatory helmet law?

GeoffInBrisbane

Postby GeoffInBrisbane » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:14 am

il padrone wrote:
jasonc wrote:contact police. contact was made.
+1

Don't muck arond with corporate consultation.
+2 but I'm still interested to hear what the Wesley Mission said to you when you contacted them...
Veloviewer

MS-DOS Phone. For when you want it done right.

cowled

Postby cowled » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:35 am

Tomca74 wrote:On my commute at 6 this morning a Wesley Mission car shaved me at the Rocklea Hotel, striking me with her mirror. She then drove beside me screaming "you f.....ng wan.er get off the road before you get f...ing run over f...wit"
Reg 074SHH Read the uniting churches mission statement, its clear she isn't embracing it.
+3

Definitely get the police involved. Make a statement and press the police to lay charges. Unfortunately, I suspect that they might just say it is your word against the driver's. Best to have video evidence as proof (not that the police will look at it necessarily).

Sorry, is the sarcasm a bit much? Haven't had particularly good dealings with police lately.

Edit: Btw, I know exactly where that is. I live just around the corner and I've had a run in with a yobbo very close to your own incident (although I was south bound at the time). In my case, the driver honked his horn a number of times before close shaving me. I think he got a fright because I put my arm out to indicate that he should use the adjacent lane to overtake me. Luckily, I was doing about 45km/hr at the time my hand was struck, so I wasn't knocked off my bike. I had a witness give me their details and I made a statement to police but the driver must have denied any wrong doing and they chose not to charge him due to his word against mine. Police never contacted the witness. I didn't push harder at the time because I wasn't injured and was too busy with work. Btw, this happened many years ago, before I got my helmet cam.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by cowled on Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image 2015 Goal: 2,500km

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am

Tomca74 wrote:On my commute at 6 this morning a Wesley Mission car shaved me at the Rocklea Hotel, striking me with her mirror. She then drove beside me screaming "you f.....ng wan.er get off the road before you get f...ing run over f...wit"
You need witnesses or video footage or its just a waste of time going to the cops, its your word against hers.
Last edited by Dragster1 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wakatuki

Postby Wakatuki » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:44 am

Nice!!!!!
From the website.
About Wesley Mission.
Our community includes the vulnerable and marginalised. It includes the lonely, hurt, fragile, homeless, mentally ill, aged, disabled and unemployed. We turn lives around for good.
As long as you're not a f***ing cyclist. :evil:

Marginalisation: The social process by which a section of population within a larger society is excluded from meaningful participation in that society. Marginalisation mostly occurs to a group of people sharing common features like race, sex, age or cycling :lol:

Sigh, it is with a heavy heart I have decided to buy a camera for the bike helmet, shame it has to be like this. Now riding in more populated areas, have to text Mrs Waka after every bunch ride... Alive :)

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:54 am

Dragster1 wrote: You need witnesses or video footage or its just a waste of time going to the cops, its your word against hers.
Yep... I'm getting a GoPro :evil:

Tomca74

Postby Tomca74 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:16 am

The fleet manager admits that there are issues with pool vehicles but did seem shocked by what happened.
Unfortunately the station to report it to is Moorooka and it is well known that station is lazy and !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! at their work (that is from officers at other stations words) and when I got knocked over in April it took a week and harassing higher powers to get them to investigate my hit and run. Took 3 weeks to get them to give me driver details so I could pursue them for damage compensation and no fine was issued as "you weren't really injured"

jules21

Postby jules21 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:18 am

Tomca74 wrote:The fleet manager admits that there are issues with pool vehicles but did seem shocked by what happened.
what are the issues with the pool vehicles? is the steering malfunctioning?

GeoffInBrisbane

Postby GeoffInBrisbane » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:30 am

The issue with the pool vehicles is that staff can't be trusted to drive like courteous, decent human beings, obviously. i.e. the problem is with the staff!
Veloviewer

MS-DOS Phone. For when you want it done right.