New heart rate strap

HiChris

Re: New heart rate strap

Postby HiChris » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:41 am

My old style Garmin strap has been faultless for about 3 years. My wife's premium strap started playing up after 6mths. Changed battery, done all the reset procedures I could find on the web. Replaced it with the old style strap and its been great ever since.

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:07 pm

I started having issues with my Polar strap which I bought to replace the Garmin Premium strap. It would record very low readings for the duration of the ride. I figured it was not making sufficient contact due to my pecs being a bit developed from bench pressing (I am not big just have a little bit of shape in that area). So I tightened the strap. Problem solved (sitting at my desk anyway). Will have to see if it works on the road, thinking it will.

Marty Moose

Postby Marty Moose » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:31 pm

dungee wrote:My old style Garmin strap has been faultless for about 3 years. My wife's premium strap started playing up after 6mths. Changed battery, done all the reset procedures I could find on the web. Replaced it with the old style strap and its been great ever since.
Yep the premium strap is rubbish plenty of posts here and os about it.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

Farmer Elvis

Postby Farmer Elvis » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Paul B wrote:I started having issues with my Polar strap which I bought to replace the Garmin Premium strap. It would record very low readings for the duration of the ride. I figured it was not making sufficient contact due to my pecs being a bit developed from bench pressing (I am not big just have a little bit of shape in that area). So I tightened the strap. Problem solved (sitting at my desk anyway). Will have to see if it works on the road, thinking it will.
So far no problems with my new polar strap.

matt.blak

Postby matt.blak » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:22 pm

I have a Bryton Rider 30 with HRM. A few weeks ago the HR started getting wonky after 1 hour on a ride. When I tried to change the battery in the sender unit the terminals had corroded and fused to the strap . I found this after I had prised the two apart and broke the strap.

This was a replacement strap, my previous HR strap had failed in the same way.
I contacted Bryton support in Australia, and they offered me a replacement strap at no charge , very happy with their support.

The Bryton tech suggested that the strap should be rinsed every 30 days to prevent the corrosion issue.
If this fixes the HR strap longevity issue, otherwise I have had no issues with the Bryton HRM strap.

Matt
Wilier GTR

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:54 pm

Polar strap was great and a couple of rides back stopped working. Tried everything ... nothing. Then I remembered cleaning. Gave it a scrub... Bingo.