Ipswich Roadies

Davidrnau

Ipswich Roadies

Postby Davidrnau » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:56 pm

Hi

Like to say hello to all fellow Ipswich cyclists, my first post here :D

After a long stint off the bike, want to get back into it, just presently upgrading the EMC2. I will post photos later.
At the time I was last on my bike I often road along the Augusta Parkway to Orion and back to my home off School Rd.
I like the dedicated bike lanes on the Augusta Parkway although the roundabouts at peak hour can make me abit nervey.
Just like to ask where are the best places in Ipswich to ride a road bike.

Regards

David

jasonc

Re: Ipswich Roadies

Postby jasonc » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:04 pm

I believe there is now a bikepath all the way along the Ipswich motorway from around wacol

apollocreed

Postby apollocreed » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:50 pm

From Ipswich to Riverview it is a bit dodgy (Brisbane road isn't cyclist friendly let alone the drivers!). It's clear riding from Riverview to Brisbane city along the new bikeways. Some road riding along Brisbane terrace if you want a back way through riverview to dinmore for a few K's but it is quiet (albeit bumpy). From Dinmore/Wacol onwards it is easy ! You'll get a nice 40 km's of small hills and flats there and back depending on where you are.

There are quite a few nice routes out the other side (Boonah etc.) however if you aren't into riding alongside cars through traffic you might not like the faster pace and more trucks on the back roads

Davidrnau

Postby Davidrnau » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:59 pm

Thanks for the replies.

David

jezza323

Postby jezza323 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:02 pm

Nice ride from Ipswich out to Rosewood as well

I went a bit further to Grandchester on Saturday, speed limit gets a bit higher further out, but less cars and most are plenty patient
'09 Avanti Vivace Road, '09 Merida Cyclocross 3 CX, '12 Avanti Kona TT

munga

Postby munga » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:39 am

from Yamanto to Springfield is a nice ride too. Plenty of wide shoulder, nice and smooth, not a lot of traffic, and some decent hills to push yourself on.

Davidrnau

Postby Davidrnau » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:43 pm

munga wrote:from Yamanto to Springfield is a nice ride too. Plenty of wide shoulder, nice and smooth, not a lot of traffic, and some decent hills to push yourself on.
I haven't tried that one yet....will do :D Just park my car in Orion and good to go :)

Really looking forward to when School Rd meets up (I live in Mountview estate) with the Centenary Hwy, you would have ridden past the round-a-about with the School Rd exit ready to go.

David

apollocreed

Postby apollocreed » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:00 pm

munga wrote:from Yamanto to Springfield is a nice ride too. Plenty of wide shoulder, nice and smooth, not a lot of traffic, and some decent hills to push yourself on.
Which route do you take? Through riverview/dinmore? or through the back of redbank plains?

munga

Postby munga » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:25 pm

centenary highway.

http://goo.gl/maps/rw8TQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Davidrnau

Postby Davidrnau » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:39 pm

Davidrnau wrote:[Really looking forward to when School Rd meets up (I live in Mountview estate) with the Centenary Hwy, you would have ridden past the round-a-about with the School Rd exit ready to go.
Well that isn't going to happen anytime soon......read my email....

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting Ipswich City Council regarding the Road Network Schedule for Works.

The timing for School Road, Redbank Plains connection with the Centenary Highway has not yet been confirmed, however we hope the work will be completed within the next ten years.

Redbank Plains Road between Cedar and Keidges Roads, Redbank Plains will be extended to four lanes within the next five years.

If you have any questions or require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact council on 07 3810 6666 during business hours (8.00am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday) or email: council@ipswich.qld.gov.au

Regards

Lina Kurene|

IPSWICH CITY COUNCIL
PO Box 191 Ipswich Queensland 4305 Australia
T| 07 3810 6666 F| 07 3810 6731
E| council@ipswich.qld.gov.au
W| http://www.ipswich.qld.gov.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent: Monday, 9 September 2013 8:13 PM
To: ICC Customer Requests
Subject: Road Network Schedule of Works

Hi

I have been looking at the Ipswich Planning Scheme..........Priority Infrastructure Plan (July 2012); Section 13.2.8.3 Road Network Schedule of Works

When is it planned for School Rd to connect with the Centenary Highway?
When will Redbank Plains road be extended to four lanes between Cedar Rd and Keidges Rd?

Regards

David ********

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:18 am

10 years? riiight

Davidrnau

Postby Davidrnau » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:57 pm

Hi

Any good suggestions for rides or circuits in the Amberley, Rosewood or Walloon areas, Thanks :D

David

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:24 pm

Amberley, Rosewood, Tallagalla back to Rosewood into Walloon, then back over to Amberley. :wink:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

17sjs

Postby 17sjs » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:05 pm

Would anyone out there be interested in weeknight rides around Ipswich? I'm not fast or fit, but surely I'm not the only one. I usually do between 25 and 50km at around 23-25km/h average. Generally from Bundamba to Wacol(ish) and back. Would appreciate a bit of company occasionally!

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:34 am

Slip up to the Yellow Jersey and see them mate. I they should have some idea of group rides that could cater to your fitness level and they I think Troy is involved with the Ipswich club. :idea:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

Davidrnau

Postby Davidrnau » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:34 am

Hi

Yesterday I started out from home along Augusta Parkway, turing onto Centenery Highway at Orion, then onto the Cunningham Highway at Yamanto, thought I would be adventurous :D and venture into new territory and follow, ?probably air force guys heading back to Amberley on their road bikes.

Boy :? did my life start flashing before my eyes, bloody dangerous with narrow (ish) to me at least shoulders and of course everytime at there narrowest points had b-doubles ripping past me, noticed some nasty cracking in the bitumen at places also, wouldn't like to get a wheel caught up in it.

Gave up at the servo at Purga and did a u-turn (waited ages just to get across the road).

So glad to get back to Centenary Highway and have a sanga at Deebing Creek.

I don't understand how they allow bicycles in this section of the Cunningham Highway yet up the road heading towards Brisbane, when it becomes two lanes with wide shoulders no bicycles allowed.

Thoughts....

David